Table of Contents
The Seattle Mariners (28-25) and the New York Yankees (32-23) square off for the first of a three-game series on Monday at T-Mobile Park, beginning at 9:40 PM ET. The favored Mariners (-140) are coming off of a 2-1 series win over the Pirates, and the underdog Yankees (+119) enter the matchup after a 2-1 series win over the Padres. Seattle has Bryce Miller set to start, and New York counters with Domingo German.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Mariners vs. Yankees
- Game Day: Monday, May 29, 2023
- Game Time: 9:40 PM ET
- Location: Seattle, Washington
- Stadium: T-Mobile Park
How Do I Watch the Mariners vs. the Yankees?
- TV Channel: ROOT Sports NW
Mariners Stats & Trends
- The Mariners are 17th in MLB action with 60 home runs. They average 1.1 per game.
- Seattle’s .229 batting average ranks 25th in the majors.
- The Mariners are 23rd in baseball with a .309 on-base percentage.
- Seattle’s 9.6 strikeouts per game are the fourth-most in baseball.
- The Mariners average 1.0 home run per game when playing at home this season (30 total in home outings).
- Seattle has a .388 slugging percentage and is averaging 2.9 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The team averages 7.5 hits per game and is batting .231 at home this season.
Mariners Key Batters
- Ty France leads Seattle with a slugging percentage of .410, fueled by 20 extra-base hits. He has a .260 batting average and an on-base percentage of .341.
- Among all qualified hitters in baseball, he ranks 78th in batting average, 66th in on-base percentage, and 96th in slugging.
- Julio Rodriguez has 12 doubles, a triple, nine home runs and 17 walks. He’s batting .242 and slugging .436 with an on-base percentage of .307.
- Among all qualified, he ranks 110th in batting average, 130th in on-base percentage and 84th in slugging percentage.
- Rodriguez enters this matchup looking to extend his seven-game hit streak. In his last 10 games he is batting .375 with five doubles, two home runs, three walks and seven RBI.
- Jarred Kelenic has a team-high 52 hits to go with a slugging percentage of .524.
- Kelenic brings a two-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is batting .111 with two doubles, three walks and an RBI.
- J.P. Crawford leads Seattle in OBP (.365) this season, fueled by 44 hits.
- Crawford heads into this matchup on a three-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .318 with a double, a home run, a walk and three RBI.
Yankees Stats & Trends
- The Yankees have hit 81 homers this season, which ranks fourth in the league.
- New York has a team batting average of .236 this season, which ranks 22nd among MLB teams.
- The Yankees have the 24th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.307).
- New York ranks 11th in strikeouts per game (8.3) among MLB offenses.
- They’ve hit 27 homers, an average of 1.2 per game, in 23 road contests this season.
- New York has a team slugging percentage of .398 in away games this season with 68 extra-base hits.
- In 23 road games this season, they have a batting average of .237 while averaging 8.0 base hits per contest.
Yankees Key Batters
- Gleyber Torres is batting .263 with eight doubles, a triple, nine home runs and 25 walks. He’s slugging .449 with an on-base percentage of .344.
- Including all qualifying hitters, he ranks 73rd in batting average, while his on-base percentage ranks 59th and he is 74th in slugging.
- Torres heads into this game on an eight-game hitting streak. In his last 10 outings he is batting .317 with three home runs, two walks and four RBI.
- Aaron Judge has racked up 46 hits with a .398 on-base percentage to pace his team in both. He has a batting average of .291 while slugging .633.
- He ranks 23rd in batting average, 12th in on-base percentage and first in slugging percentage in the majors.
- Anthony Rizzo has put up a slugging percentage of .505, a team-high for the Yankees.
- Anthony Volpe is hitting .198 with five doubles, two triples, seven home runs and 21 walks.
Mariners vs. Yankees Probable Pitchers
|Bryce Miller (SEA)||Pitcher||Domingo Germán (NYY)|
|3 – 1||W/L||2 – 3|
Mariners vs. Yankees Injury Updates
- Mariners: Dylan Moore: 10 Day IL (Olique), Penn Murfee: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Easton McGee: 15 Day IL (Forearm), Andres Munoz: 15 Day IL (Deltoid), Robbie Ray: 15 Day IL (Flexor), Evan White: 60 Day IL (Adductor), A.J. Pollock: day-to-day (Leg)
- Yankees: Giancarlo Stanton: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Jose Trevino: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Josh Donaldson: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Ian Hamilton: 15 Day IL (Groin), Carlos Rodón: 15 Day IL (Forearm), Jonathan Loaisiga: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Lou Trivino: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Luis Gil: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Frankie Montás: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Scott Effross: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Tommy Kahnle: 60 Day IL (Biceps), Anthony Rizzo: day-to-day (Neck)