Table of Contents
Patrick Wisdom leads the Chicago Cubs (22-30) into a contest against the Tampa Bay Rays (39-16) after his two-home run outing in an 8-5 loss to the Reds. The Rays are favorites (-130) for this game against the underdog Cubs (+110), which starts at 2:20 PM ET on Monday. Tampa Bay has Taj Bradley starting things off, while Chicago will counter with Marcus Stroman.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Rays vs. Cubs
- Game Day: Monday, May 29, 2023
- Game Time: 2:20 PM ET
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Stadium: Wrigley Field
How Do I Watch the Rays vs. the Cubs?
- TV Channel: MARQ
Rays Stats & Trends
- The Tampa Bay Rays lead the league with 101 total home runs, averaging 1.8 per game.
- Tampa Bay has an MLB-high .274 batting average.
- The Rays have a league-high .348 on-base percentage.
- Tampa Bay’s 8.4 strikeouts per game rank 15th in the majors.
- The Rays average 2.1 home runs per game when playing away from home this season (48 total in road contests).
- Tampa Bay is averaging 3.8 extra-base hits per game while slugging .508 on the road.
- Away from home this season the club averages 10.2 hits per game and is batting .283.
Rays Key Batters
- Wander Franco leads Tampa Bay in slugging percentage (.488) thanks to 24 extra-base hits. He has a .299 batting average and an on-base percentage of .362.
- Among all qualifying hitters in the majors, his batting average ranks 16th, his on-base percentage ranks 38th, and he is 36th in slugging.
- Franco has recorded a base hit in five games in a row. During his last five outings he is batting .526 with a triple, four walks and six RBI.
- Yandy Diaz leads the Rays in OBP (.429) and total hits (54) this season. He’s batting .327 while slugging .612.
- He ranks sixth in batting average, second in on-base percentage and second in slugging among qualified hitters.
- Randy Arozarena has 56 hits this season and has a slash line of .301/.409/.527.
- Josh Lowe is batting .307 with a .358 OBP and 37 RBI for Tampa Bay this season.
Cubs Stats & Trends
- The Cubs have hit 65 homers this season, which ranks 10th in the league.
- Chicago has a team batting average of .257 this season, which ranks 11th among MLB teams.
- The Cubs are among the best in the league at getting on base, ranking third with an OBP of .335.
- Chicago ranks 21st in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 9.2 Ks per contest.
- They have averaged 1.2 home runs per game in their 28 home contests this season.
- Chicago is slugging .401 in 28 home games this season.
- In 28 home games this season, they have a batting average of .249 while averaging 8.4 base hits per contest.
Cubs Key Batters
- Nico Hoerner has a team-high .386 slugging percentage. He’s batting .286 with an on-base percentage of .337.
- Including all the qualified hitters in the big leagues, his batting average places him 33rd, his on-base percentage ranks 78th, and he is 118th in slugging.
- Dansby Swanson is slugging .423 to lead his team. He has a batting average of .269 with an on-base percentage of .366.
- He ranks 59th in batting average, 32nd in on-base percentage and 89th in slugging percentage in the majors.
- Ian Happ has put up a team-best .396 on-base percentage.
- Wisdom has 34 hits to lead his team.
Rays vs. Cubs Probable Pitchers
|Taj Bradley (TB)||Pitcher||Marcus Stroman (CHC)|
|3 – 1||W/L||4 – 4|
Rays vs. Cubs Injury Updates
- Rays: Zack Littell: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Drew Rasmussen: 60 Day IL (Flexor), Jeffrey Springs: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Garrett Cleavinger: 60 Day IL (Knee), Shane Baz: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Shawn Armstrong: 60 Day IL (Neck), Andrew Kittredge: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Pete Fairbanks: day-to-day (Hip)
- Cubs: Cody Bellinger: 10 Day IL (Knee), Nick Burdi: 15 Day IL (Appendicitis), Brad Boxberger: 15 Day IL (Forearm), Adrian Sampson: 60 Day IL (Right meniscus), Ethan Roberts: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Codi Heuer: 60 Day IL (Elbow)