Table of Contents
Freddie Freeman leads the Los Angeles Dodgers (34-22) into a contest against the Washington Nationals (23-32) following his four-hit outing in a 9-3 win over the Nationals. The Dodgers are favored on the moneyline (-247) for this game against the underdog Nationals (+202), which begins at 4:10 PM ET on Wednesday. Los Angeles’ Noah Syndergaard and Washington’s Patrick Corbin will take the mound first.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Dodgers vs. Nationals
- Game Day: Wednesday, May 31, 2023
- Game Time: 4:10 PM ET
- Location: Los Angeles, California
- Stadium: Dodger Stadium
How Do I Watch the Dodgers vs. the Nationals?
- TV Channel: SportsNet LA
Dodgers Stats & Trends
- The Dodgers average 1.7 home runs per game to rank second in MLB action with 93 total home runs.
- Los Angeles has the 19th-ranked batting average in MLB (.242).
- The Dodgers rank seventh in MLB with an on-base percentage of .330.
- Los Angeles’ 8.9 strikeouts per game rank 24th in MLB.
- The Dodgers have hit 43 home runs at home this season (1.7 per game).
- Los Angeles is averaging 3.7 extra-base hits per game while slugging .476 in home contests.
- At home this season the team averages 8.4 hits per game and is batting .256.
Dodgers Key Batters
- Freeman leads Los Angeles with an OBP of .420, plus a team-best slugging percentage of .594. He’s batting .348 on the season.
- Among all qualifying hitters in baseball, he ranks second in batting average, third in on-base percentage, and fourth in slugging.
- Freeman will look for his 20th straight game with a hit in this matchup. In his last 10 games he is hitting .463 with seven doubles, two home runs, five walks and eight RBI.
- Mookie Betts has 14 doubles, a triple, 11 home runs and 34 walks. He’s batting .249 and slugging .488 with an on-base percentage of .357.
- He is 99th in batting average, 42nd in on-base percentage and 36th in slugging among qualified hitters.
- Betts enters this game looking to extend his two-game hit streak. During his last five outings he is batting .190 with three walks and an RBI.
- Max Muncy has 37 hits this season and has a slash line of .214/.341/.532.
- Muncy has picked up a hit in three straight games. During his last five outings he is hitting .238 with two doubles, two home runs and four RBI.
- Will Smith has seven home runs, 28 RBI and a batting average of .305 this season.
Nationals Stats & Trends
- The Nationals have hit just 39 homers this season, which ranks 29th in the league.
- Washington has a team batting average of .263 this season, which ranks fifth among MLB teams.
- The Nationals are among the best in the league at getting on base, ranking ninth with an OBP of .328.
- Washington is one of the best teams in baseball at making contact this season, ranking second with an average of 7.1 strikeouts per game.
- They have averaged 0.8 home runs per game in their 27 road contests this season.
- Washington is slugging .382 in 27 road games this season.
- They are averaging 9.1 base hits per game and batting .262 on the road this season.
Nationals Key Batters
- Lane Thomas paces the Nationals with 61 hits. He’s batting .290 and slugging .467 with an on-base percentage of .348.
- Including all the qualifying players in MLB, his batting average ranks 27th, his on-base percentage is 54th, and he is 54th in slugging.
- Thomas brings a 15-game hitting streak into this game. During his last 10 outings he is hitting .326 with five doubles, two home runs, four walks and five RBI.
- Jeimer Candelario has 15 doubles, two triples, six home runs and 16 walks while batting .259. He’s slugging .443 with an on-base percentage of .326.
- Including all qualified hitters, he is 80th in batting average, 96th in on-base percentage and 72nd in slugging percentage.
- Luis Garcia has seven doubles, a triple, three home runs and 13 walks while batting .266.
- Joey Meneses is slugging .381 to lead his team.
Dodgers vs. Nationals Probable Pitchers
|Noah Syndergaard (LAD)||Pitcher||Patrick Corbin (WSH)|
|1 – 4||W/L||4 – 5|
Dodgers vs. Nationals Injury Updates
- Dodgers: Julio Urías: 15 Day IL (Hamstring), Michael Grove: 15 Day IL (Groin), Dustin May: 60 Day IL (Forearm), Tyler Cyr: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Jimmy Nelson: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Daniel Hudson: 60 Day IL (Knee), Walker Buehler: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Álex Reyes: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), J.P. Feyereisen: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Blake Treinen: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Ryan Pepiot: 60 Day IL (Oblique), Gavin Lux: 60 Day IL (Knee)
- Nationals: Victor Robles: 10 Day IL (Back), Israel Pineda: 10 Day IL (Finger), Stephen Strasburg: 60 Day IL (Ribs/shoulder), Tanner Rainey: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Cade Cavalli: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Victor Arano: 60 Day IL (Shoulder)