Table of Contents
The Pittsburgh Pirates (28-27) host the St. Louis Cardinals (25-32) on Friday at 7:05 PM ET. The Pirates are moneyline underdogs (+130) against the favored Cardinals (-150). St. Louis has Jack Flaherty starting, while Pittsburgh counters with Roansy Contreras.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Cardinals vs. Pirates
- Game Day: Friday, June 2, 2023
- Game Time: 7:05 PM ET
- Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Stadium: PNC Park
How Do I Watch the Cardinals vs. the Pirates?
- TV Channel: SportsNet PT
Cardinals Stats & Trends
- The Cardinals are sixth-best in MLB action with 76 total home runs.
- St. Louis ranks 14th in MLB with a .252 batting average.
- The Cardinals rank 11th in MLB with an on-base percentage of .326.
- St. Louis’ hitters strike out 8.2 times per game, the ninth-lowest average in the majors.
- The Cardinals average 1.2 home runs per game when playing on the road this season (36 total in road outings).
- St. Louis is averaging 3.0 extra-base hits per game while slugging .406 away from home.
- The team averages 8.2 hits per game and is batting .240 on the road this season.
Cardinals Key Batters
- Paul Goldschmidt leads St. Louis OPS (.905) this season. He has a .289 batting average, an on-base percentage of .393, and a slugging percentage of .512.
- Among all qualified hitters in MLB, he is 28th in batting average, 12th in on-base percentage, and 25th in slugging.
- Nolan Gorman has 47 hits, which is tops among St. Louis batters this season. He’s batting .272 with 23 extra-base hits. He’s also slugging .555 with an on-base percentage of .360.
- He is 55th in batting average, 37th in on-base percentage and sixth in slugging in MLB.
- Nolan Arenado is batting .263 with a .432 slugging percentage and 36 RBI this year.
- Arenado enters this game with three games in a row with at least one hit. In his last five games he is hitting .250 with two doubles, two walks and two RBI.
- Tommy Edman has six home runs, 21 RBI and a batting average of .259 this season.
Pirates Stats & Trends
- The Pirates have hit 53 homers this season, which ranks 25th in the league.
- Pittsburgh has a team batting average of .245 this season, which ranks 17th among MLB teams.
- The Pirates have an on-base percentage of .322 this season, which ranks 15th in the league.
- Pittsburgh is one of the best teams in baseball at making contact this season, ranking 10th with an average of 8.5 strikeouts per game.
- In 25 games at home this season, they’ve hit 18 homers, an average of 0.7 per contest.
- Pittsburgh has a team slugging percentage of .376 in home games this season with 67 extra-base hits.
- In 25 home games this season, they have a batting average of .240 while averaging 7.6 base hits per contest.
Pirates Key Batters
- Bryan Reynolds has a .495 slugging percentage, which paces the Pirates. He’s batting .282 with an on-base percentage of .333.
- Including all qualified hitters in MLB, his batting average puts him 41st, his on-base percentage ranks 84th, and he is 36th in slugging.
- Andrew McCutchen’s .369 on-base percentage leads his team. He has a batting average of .273 while slugging .453.
- Including all qualified hitters, his batting average puts him 54th, his on-base percentage is 23rd, and he is 66th in slugging.
- Carlos Santana has 14 doubles, three home runs and 26 walks while batting .226.
- Ke’Bryan Hayes is batting .221 with 12 doubles, four triples, two home runs and 15 walks.
Cardinals vs. Pirates Probable Pitchers
|Jack Flaherty (STL)||Pitcher||Roansy Contreras (PIT)|
|3 – 4||W/L||3 – 4|
Cardinals vs. Pirates Injury Updates
- Cardinals: Dylan Carlson: 10 Day IL (Ankle), Tyler O’Neill: 10 Day IL (Back), Jake Woodford: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Packy Naughton: 60 Day IL (Forearm), Wilking Rodriguez: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Lars Nootbaar: day-to-day (Back)
- Pirates: Vince Velásquez: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Oneil Cruz: 60 Day IL (Ankle), Ji-Man Choi: 60 Day IL (Achilles), Wil Crowe: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Jarlin García: 60 Day IL (Arm), Max Kranick: 60 Day IL (Elbow), JT Brubaker: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Carlos Santana: day-to-day (Lumbar spine)