Table of Contents
The Kansas City Royals (17-40) will look for another big outing from a slugger when they match up against the Colorado Rockies (25-34) on Saturday at 4:10 PM ET at Kauffman Stadium. Edward Olivares is riding a two-game home run streak for the favored Royals (-155) in the matchup with the underdog Rockies (+133). Kansas City’s Daniel Lynch gets the start against Colorado’s Austin Gomber.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Royals vs. Rockies
- Game Day: Saturday, June 3, 2023
- Game Time: 4:10 PM ET
- Location: Kansas City, Missouri
- Stadium: Kauffman Stadium
How Do I Watch the Royals vs. the Rockies?
- TV Channel: BSKC
Royals Stats & Trends
- The Royals rank 21st in baseball with 58 home runs. They average one per game.
- Kansas City ranks 24th in the majors with a .232 batting average.
- The Royals rank last in MLB with an on-base percentage of .296.
- Kansas City strikes out 9.1 times per game to rank 21st in the majors.
- The Royals average 1.2 homers per home game this season (35 total at home).
- Kansas City is averaging 3.1 extra-base hits per game while slugging .407 at home.
- The team averages 7.9 hits per game and is batting .237 at home this season.
Royals Key Batters
- Vinnie Pasquantino leads Kansas City OPS (.806) this season. He has a .263 batting average, an on-base percentage of .342, and a slugging percentage of .465.
- Among all qualified hitters in baseball, he ranks 72nd in batting average, 65th in on-base percentage, and 55th in slugging.
- Bobby Witt Jr. is batting .228 with eight doubles, four triples, 10 home runs and 11 walks. He’s slugging .427 with an on-base percentage of .265.
- Among all qualified hitters, he is 140th in batting average, 164th in on-base percentage and 87th in slugging percentage.
- Salvador Perez has a team-high 56 hits to go with a slugging percentage of .517.
- Olivares is batting .234 with a .297 OBP and 12 RBI for Kansas City this season.
- Olivares takes a two-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .294 with a double, two home runs and three RBI.
Rockies Stats & Trends
- The Rockies have hit just 49 homers this season, which ranks 26th in the league.
- Colorado ranks seventh in MLB with a .260 team batting average.
- The Rockies have the 16th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.319).
- Colorado ranks 18th in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.6 Ks per contest.
- They have averaged 0.7 home runs per game in their 30 road contests this season.
- Colorado has a team slugging percentage of .354 in away games this season with 77 extra-base hits.
- They are averaging eight base hits per game and batting .236 on the road this season.
Rockies Key Batters
- Charlie Blackmon is hitting .277 with 13 doubles, two triples, five home runs and 19 walks. He’s slugging .447 with an on-base percentage of .356.
- Including all qualified hitters in the big leagues, he is 48th in batting average, 40th in on-base percentage and 70th in slugging percentage.
- Ryan McMahon leads his team with 53 hits. He has a batting average of .260 while slugging .490 with an on-base percentage of .339.
- Including all qualified players, he ranks 78th in batting average, 70th in on-base percentage and 38th in slugging percentage.
- Elias Diaz has a .371 on-base percentage and a .489 slugging percentage, both team-high marks for the Rockies.
- Jurickson Profar is hitting .232 with 12 doubles, a triple, five home runs and 23 walks.
Royals vs. Rockies Probable Pitchers
|Daniel Lynch (KC)||Pitcher||Austin Gomber (COL)|
|0 – 0||W/L||4 – 4|
Royals vs. Rockies Injury Updates
- Royals: Kyle Isbel: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Brad Keller: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Josh Taylor: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Amir Garrett: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Ryan Yarbrough: 60 Day IL (Head), Kris Bubic: 60 Day IL (Flexor), Jake Brentz: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Angel Zerpa: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Diego Hernandez: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Carlos Hernandez: day-to-day (Undisclosed)
- Rockies: Kris Bryant: 10 Day IL (Heel), C.J. Cron: 10 Day IL (Back), Nick Mears: 15 Day IL (Oblique), Antonio Senzatela: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Ryan Feltner: 60 Day IL (Skull), German Márquez: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Lucas Gilbreath: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Brendan Rodgers: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Tyler Kinley: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Sean Bouchard: 60 Day IL (Biceps)