Table of Contents
The Oakland Athletics (12-47) visit the Miami Marlins (30-28) on Saturday at 4:10 PM ET. The Athletics are underdogs (+173) against the favored Marlins (-205). Miami has Eury Perez set to start, while Oakland will counter with Luis Medina.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Marlins vs. Athletics
- Game Day: Saturday, June 3, 2023
- Game Time: 4:10 PM ET
- Location: Miami, Florida
- Stadium: LoanDepot park
How Do I Watch the Marlins vs. the Athletics?
- TV Channel: BSFL
Marlins Stats & Trends
- The Marlins average 0.9 home runs per game to rank 24th in MLB action with 55 total home runs.
- Miami ranks ninth in the majors with a .257 batting average.
- The Marlins are 19th in MLB with an on-base percentage of .317.
- Miami’s 8.5 strikeouts per game rank 14th in baseball.
- The Marlins average 0.7 homers per home game this season (21 total at home).
- Miami is averaging 2.2 extra-base hits per game while slugging .375 at home.
- At home this season the club averages 8.3 hits per game and is batting .259.
Marlins Key Batters
- Jorge Soler leads Miami in total hits (52) this season while batting .249 with 28 extra-base hits. He has an on-base percentage of .332 and a slugging percentage of .545.
- Among the qualified hitters in the majors, his batting average ranks 98th, his on-base percentage ranks 85th, and he is 10th in slugging.
- Soler has picked up at least one hit in two games in a row. During his last five outings he is hitting .125 with a double, four walks and an RBI.
- Luis Arraez has a slash line of .374/.429/.456 this season and a team-best OPS of .885.
- His batting average ranks first among qualified players, his on-base percentage first, and his slugging percentage 62nd.
- Bryan De La Cruz has 59 hits this season and has a slash line of .299/.350/.457.
- De La Cruz enters this matchup with two games in a row with at least one hit. During his last five outings he is hitting .316 with a home run, two walks and four RBI.
- Yuli Gurriel is batting .273 with a .338 OBP and 12 RBI for Miami this season.
Athletics Stats & Trends
- The Athletics have hit 57 homers this season, which ranks 23rd in the league.
- Oakland ranks last in MLB with a team batting average of just .217.
- The Athletics have an OBP of just .298 this season, which ranks 28th in MLB.
- Oakland is a team with a lot of swing and miss this season, ranking 28th with an average of 9.3 strikeouts per game.
- They have averaged 1.1 home runs per game in their 28 road contests this season.
- Oakland is slugging .372 in 28 road games this season.
- In away games this season, they’re batting .229 with 7.6 base hits per contest.
Athletics Key Batters
- Esteury Ruiz has a .350 slugging percentage, which paces the Athletics. He’s batting .270 with an on-base percentage of .335.
- Including all the qualified players in MLB, his batting average puts him 60th, his on-base percentage is 81st, and he is 147th in slugging.
- Brent Rooker leads his team with 45 hits. He has a batting average of .260 while slugging .503 with an on-base percentage of .363.
- His batting average ranks 78th among all qualified players, his on-base percentage ranks 31st, and he is 27th in slugging.
- Ryan Noda has accumulated an on-base percentage of .390, a team-high for the Athletics.
- Shea Langeliers is hitting .208 with six doubles, a triple, seven home runs and 14 walks.
Marlins vs. Athletics Probable Pitchers
|Eury Pérez (MIA)||Pitcher||Luis Medina (OAK)|
|2 – 1||W/L||0 – 4|
Marlins vs. Athletics Injury Updates
- Marlins: Avisaíl García: 10 Day IL (Back), Jazz Chisholm: 10 Day IL (Toe), A.J. Puk: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Matt Barnes: 15 Day IL (Hip), Trevor Rogers: 15 Day IL (Forearm ), Johnny Cueto: 60 Day IL (Biceps), Tommy Nance: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Max Meyer: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Anthony Bender: 60 Day IL (Elbow)
- Athletics: Zach Jackson: 15 Day IL (Undisclosed), Drew Rucinski: 15 Day IL (Illness), Mason Miller: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Dany Jimenez: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Freddy Tarnok: 60 Day IL (Undisclosed), Kirby Snead: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Manny Piña: 60 Day IL (Wrist)