Table of Contents
The Los Angeles Angels (31-30) and the Chicago Cubs (26-33) play on Tuesday at Angel Stadium of Anaheim, beginning at 9:38 PM ET. The Angels are favored on the moneyline (-116), while the Cubs are -103 underdogs, even though they are favored against the spread (1.5) with +155 odds. Los Angeles’ Tyler Anderson and Chicago’s Hayden Wesneski will take the mound first.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Angels vs. Cubs
- Game Day: Tuesday, June 6, 2023
- Game Time: 9:38 PM ET
- Location: Anaheim, California
- Stadium: Angel Stadium of Anaheim
How Do I Watch the Angels vs. the Cubs?
- TV Channel: MLB Network
Angels Stats & Trends
- The Angels are fifth-best in MLB action with 81 total home runs.
- Los Angeles’ .258 batting average is 10th-best in the majors.
- The Angels are eighth in baseball with an on-base percentage of .329.
- Los Angeles strikes out 8.7 times per game to rank 19th in the majors.
- The Angels average 1.5 homers per home game this season (42 total at home).
- Los Angeles has a .452 slugging percentage and is averaging 3.4 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The team is batting .255 with 236 hits (8.4 per game) at home this season.
Angels Key Batters
- Shohei Ohtani has 63 hits to go with a slugging percentage of .539, both of which are tops among Los Angeles hitters this season. He has a .274 batting average and an on-base percentage of .346.
- Among all qualifying batters in baseball, he is 48th in batting average, 55th in on-base percentage, and 10th in slugging.
- Ohtani hopes to build on a two-game hitting streak in this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .381 with two doubles, a triple, two home runs, two walks and seven RBI.
- Mike Trout leads Los Angeles with an OBP of .358 this season while batting .264 with 27 walks and 36 runs scored. He’s slugging .491.
- Among qualifying batters, he is 64th in batting average, 38th in on-base percentage and 33rd in slugging percentage.
- Hunter Renfroe is batting .252 with a .451 slugging percentage and 30 RBI this year.
- Brandon Drury is batting .254 with a .301 OBP and 29 RBI for Los Angeles this season.
- Drury has hit safely in four straight games. In his last five games he is batting .300 with a double, a home run, a walk and two RBI.
Cubs Stats & Trends
- The Cubs rank 10th in Major League Baseball with 70 home runs.
- Chicago ranks 15th in MLB with a .249 team batting average.
- The Cubs have an OBP of .328 this season, which ranks 10th in MLB.
- Chicago ranks 26th in strikeouts per game (9.3) among MLB offenses.
- They’ve hit 36 homers, an average of 1.3 per game, in 28 road contests this season.
- In 28 road games this season, it is slugging .420 with 85 hits going for extra bases.
- In 28 road games this season, they have a batting average of .253 while averaging 8.7 base hits per contest.
Cubs Key Batters
- Nico Hoerner has a .393 slugging percentage, which paces the Cubs. He’s batting .285 with an on-base percentage of .342.
- He is 33rd in batting average, 64th in on-base percentage and 112th in slugging percentage among all qualifying hitters in the big leagues.
- Dansby Swanson paces his team with a .427 slugging percentage. He has a batting average of .271 with an on-base percentage of .364.
- Including all qualified hitters, his batting average puts him 53rd, his on-base percentage ranks 27th, and he is 88th in slugging.
- Ian Happ a has .389 on-base percentage to pace the Cubs.
- Patrick Wisdom leads his team with 35 hits.
Angels vs. Cubs Probable Pitchers
|Tyler Anderson (LAA)||Pitcher||Hayden Wesneski (CHC)|
|2 – 1||W/L||2 – 2|
Angels vs. Cubs Injury Updates
- Angels: Anthony Rendon: 10 Day IL (Groin), Max Stassi: 10 Day IL (Hip ), Matt Moore: 15 Day IL (Oblique), José Suarez: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Austin Warren: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Logan O’Hoppe: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), José Quijada: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Chris Rodriguez: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Jose Marte: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Davis Daniel: 60 Day IL (Shoulder)
- Cubs: Cody Bellinger: 10 Day IL (Knee), Justin Steele: 15 Day IL (Forearm), Nick Burdi: 15 Day IL (Appendicitis), Brad Boxberger: 15 Day IL (Forearm), Adrian Sampson: 60 Day IL (Right meniscus), Ethan Roberts: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Codi Heuer: 60 Day IL (Elbow)