Table of Contents
The Minnesota Twins (31-30) will try to stop a three-game losing streak when they visit the Tampa Bay Rays (44-19) on Wednesday at 6:40 PM ET. The Twins (+115) are not projected to end the streak against the Rays (-135). Shawn Armstrong gets the starting nod for Tampa Bay, and Pablo Lopez is Minnesota’s pick to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Rays vs. Twins
- Game Day: Wednesday, June 7, 2023
- Game Time: 6:40 PM ET
- Location: St. Petersburg, Florida
- Stadium: Tropicana Field
How Do I Watch the Rays vs. the Twins?
- TV Channel: BSSUN
Rays Stats & Trends
- The Tampa Bay Rays lead the league with 105 total home runs, averaging 1.7 per game.
- Tampa Bay is second in MLB with a .266 batting average.
- The Rays’ .341 on-base percentage ranks second-best in MLB.
- Tampa Bay strikes out 8.4 times per game, the No. 17 mark in MLB.
- The Rays have hit 55 home runs at home this season (1.7 per game).
- Tampa Bay is averaging 3.8 extra-base hits per game while slugging .494 in home contests.
- At home this season the team averages 8.6 hits per game and is batting .265.
Rays Key Batters
- Wander Franco leads Tampa Bay with a slugging percentage of .500, fueled by 28 extra-base hits. He has a .309 batting average and an on-base percentage of .374.
- He is 10th in batting average, 19th in on-base percentage, and 25th in slugging among all qualifying hitters in MLB.
- Franco hopes to build on a 10-game hitting streak in this matchup. In his last 10 outings he is hitting .474 with four doubles, a triple, seven walks and six RBI.
- Yandy Diaz leads the Rays in OBP (.410) and total hits (62) this season. He’s batting .316 while slugging .566.
- Among qualifiers, he ranks sixth in batting average, fourth in on-base percentage and fifth in slugging percentage.
- Diaz takes a five-game streak with at least one hit into this one. In his last five games he is hitting .364 with two doubles, two walks and four RBI.
- Randy Arozarena is batting .286 with a .484 slugging percentage and 42 RBI this year.
- Josh Lowe has 11 home runs, 39 RBI and a batting average of .291 this season.
Twins Stats & Trends
- The Twins’ 78 home runs rank eighth in Major League Baseball.
- Minnesota has a team batting average of .230 this season, which ranks 25th among MLB teams.
- The Twins have an on-base percentage of .312 this season, which ranks 22nd in the league.
- Minnesota ranks last in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 10.2 whiffs per contest.
- They have averaged 1.2 home runs per game in their 29 road contests this season.
- In 29 road games this season, it is slugging .363 with 76 hits going for extra bases.
- They are averaging 7.5 base hits per game and batting .217 on the road this season.
Twins Key Batters
- Carlos Correa has put up a team-best .375 slugging percentage. He’s batting .208 with an on-base percentage of .298.
- Including all the qualifying players in the majors, he ranks 150th in batting average, 139th in on-base percentage and 130th in slugging percentage.
- Trevor Larnach has four doubles, two triples, five home runs and 21 walks while batting .211. He’s slugging .383 with an on-base percentage of .314.
- Willi Castro is hitting .262 with six doubles, five home runs and six walks.
- Max Kepler is hitting .189 with five doubles, six home runs and 10 walks.
Rays vs. Twins Probable Pitchers
|Shawn Armstrong (TB)||Pitcher||Pablo Lopez (MIN)|
|0 – 0||W/L||3 – 3|
Rays vs. Twins Injury Updates
- Rays: Brandon Lowe: 10 Day IL (Leg), Josh Fleming: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Pete Fairbanks: 15 Day IL (Hip), Zack Littell: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Drew Rasmussen: 60 Day IL (Flexor), Jeffrey Springs: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Garrett Cleavinger: 60 Day IL (Knee), Shane Baz: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Andrew Kittredge: 60 Day IL (Elbow)
- Twins: Byron Buxton: 10 Day IL (Ribs), Joey Gallo: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Kenta Maeda: 15 Day IL (Tricep), Jorge Alcala: 15 Day IL (Forearm), Tyler Mahle: 60 Day IL (Arm), Nick Gordon: 60 Day IL (Shin), Gilberto Celestino: 60 Day IL (Thumb), Chris Paddack: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Royce Lewis: day-to-day (Upper body)