Table of Contents
Seby Zavala leads the Chicago White Sox (27-35) into a matchup with the New York Yankees (36-26) following his two-home run performance in a 3-2 win over the Yankees. The Yankees are favorites (-141) for this game against the underdog White Sox (+120), which starts at 4:05 PM ET on Thursday. Luis Severino gets the starting nod for New York, and Lance Lynn is Chicago’s choice to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Yankees vs. White Sox
- Game Day: Thursday, June 8, 2023
- Game Time: 4:05 PM ET
- Location: The Bronx, New York
- Stadium: Yankee Stadium
How Do I Watch the Yankees vs. the White Sox?
- TV Channel: YES
Yankees Stats & Trends
- The Yankees average 1.5 home runs per game to rank fourth in MLB play with 96 total home runs.
- New York has the 22nd-ranked batting average in the majors (.234).
- The Yankees’ .304 on-base percentage is the fifth-worst in baseball.
- New York strikes out 8.5 times per game, the No. 15 mark in the majors.
- The Yankees average 1.7 homers per home game this season (55 total at home).
- New York is slugging .426 with 2.8 extra-base hits per game in home contests.
- The team is batting .232 with 246 hits (7.5 per game) at home this season.
Yankees Key Batters
- Gleyber Torres has eight doubles, a triple, nine home runs and 26 walks while hitting .253. He has an on-base percentage of .328 and a slugging percentage of .415.
- Among the qualified hitters in the majors, his batting average ranks 86th, his on-base percentage ranks 90th, and he is 97th in slugging.
- Anthony Rizzo has an OPS of .840, fueled by an OBP of .363 and a team-best slugging percentage of .477 this season. He’s batting .289.
- He ranks 26th in batting average, 26th in on-base percentage and 48th in slugging in MLB.
- Anthony Volpe is batting .191 with a .358 slugging percentage and 26 RBI this year.
- DJ LeMahieu is batting .239 with a .301 OBP and 21 RBI for New York this season.
White Sox Stats & Trends
White Sox Batting
- The White Sox’s 63 home runs rank 20th in Major League Baseball.
- Chicago ranks 20th in MLB with a .239 team batting average.
- The White Sox have an on-base percentage of .297 this season, which ranks 29th in the league.
- Chicago ranks 12th with an average of 8.4 strikeouts per game.
- In 31 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 31 homers, an average of 1 per contest.
- In 31 road games this season, it is slugging .371 with 89 hits going for extra bases.
- In 31 road games this season, they have a batting average of .225 while averaging 7.7 base hits per contest.
White Sox Key Batters
- Andrew Vaughn has 17 doubles, a triple, seven home runs and 22 walks while batting .249. He’s slugging .427 with an on-base percentage of .329.
- Including all the qualified hitters in the big leagues, he is 101st in batting average, 86th in on-base percentage and 86th in slugging percentage.
- Luis Robert has collected 58 hits while slugging .507. Both lead his team. He has a batting average of .260 with an on-base percentage of .313.
- He ranks 75th in batting average, 112th in on-base percentage and 20th in slugging percentage in the majors.
- Andrew Benintendi has accumulated a .333 on-base percentage and a .352 slugging percentage, both team-high marks for the White Sox.
- Jake Burger is hitting .265 with seven doubles, a triple, 12 home runs and eight walks.
Yankees vs. White Sox Probable Pitchers
|Luis Severino (NYY)||Pitcher||Lance Lynn (CHW)|
|0 – 1||W/L||4 – 6|
Yankees vs. White Sox Injury Updates
- Yankees: Harrison Bader: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Greg Allen: 10 Day IL (Hip), Aaron Judge: 10 Day IL (Toe), Ian Hamilton: 15 Day IL (Groin), Ryan Weber: 60 Day IL (Forearm), Jonathan Loaisiga: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Lou Trivino: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Luis Gil: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Carlos Rodón: 60 Day IL (Forearm), Frankie Montás: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Scott Effross: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Gerrit Cole: day-to-day (Cramps)
- White Sox: Billy Hamilton: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Jimmy Lambert: 15 Day IL (Ankle), Matt Foster: 60 Day IL (Forearm)