Table of Contents
The Philadelphia Phillies (29-32) have a 2-0 series lead and will go for a sweep of the Detroit Tigers (26-33) on Thursday at Citizens Bank Park. The Phillies are favored (-252) against the underdog Tigers (+208) in the matchup, which begins at 6:05 PM ET. Philadelphia’s Zack Wheeler gets the start against Detroit’s Tyler Holton.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Phillies vs. Tigers
- Game Day: Thursday, June 8, 2023
- Game Time: 6:05 PM ET
- Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Stadium: Citizens Bank Park
How Do I Watch the Phillies vs. the Tigers?
- TV Channel: NBCS-PH
Phillies Stats & Trends
- The Phillies rank 18th in baseball with 67 total home runs.
- Philadelphia has the 12th-ranked batting average in MLB (.256).
- The Phillies rank 15th in MLB with an on-base percentage of .321.
- Philadelphia strikes out nine times per game to rank 21st in the majors.
- The Phillies have hit 30 home runs at home this season (1.2 per game).
- Philadelphia is slugging .418 with 2.9 extra-base hits per game at home.
- At home this season the club averages 8.5 hits per game and is batting .256.
Phillies Key Batters
- Nicholas Castellanos leads Philadelphia with 75 hits and a team-best slugging percentage of .496. He’s batting .315 with an on-base percentage of .360.
- Among qualified hitters in the majors, he is seventh in batting average, 33rd in on-base percentage, and 25th in slugging.
- Kyle Schwarber is batting .173 with six doubles, 16 home runs and 44 walks. He’s slugging .425 with an on-base percentage of .322.
- He ranks 163rd in batting average, 101st in on-base percentage and 88th in slugging in the major leagues.
- Bryson Stott has collected 68 base hits, an OBP of .329 and a slugging percentage of .391 this season.
- Trea Turner has seven home runs, 19 RBI and a batting average of .240 this season.
Tigers Stats & Trends
- The Tigers rank 28th in Major League Baseball with just 48 home runs as a team.
- Detroit ranks last in MLB with a team batting average of just .221.
- The Tigers are among the worst in the league at getting on base, ranking 28th with an OBP of .298.
- Detroit ranks 19th in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 9.2 Ks per contest.
- They’ve hit 25 homers, an average of 0.8 per game, in 32 road contests this season.
- In 32 road games this season, it is slugging .324 with 72 hits going for extra bases.
- In 32 road games this season, they have a batting average of .210 while averaging 7.2 base hits per contest.
Tigers Key Batters
- Zach McKinstry is batting .272 with seven doubles, a triple, four home runs and 25 walks. He’s slugging .411 with an on-base percentage of .378.
- Spencer Torkelson is batting .227 with 13 doubles, five home runs and 24 walks. He’s slugging .356 with an on-base percentage of .309.
- His batting average is 138th among all qualified players, his on-base percentage is 120th, and he is 143rd in slugging.
- Javier Baez is hitting .219 with eight doubles, a triple, three home runs and 10 walks.
- Akil Baddoo is hitting .237 with seven doubles, three home runs and 22 walks.
Phillies vs. Tigers Probable Pitchers
|Zack Wheeler (PHI)||Pitcher||Tyler Holton (DET)|
|4 – 4||W/L||0 – 0|
Phillies vs. Tigers Injury Updates
- Phillies: Alec Bohm: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Cristian Pache: 10 Day IL (Knee), José Alvarado: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Darick Hall: 60 Day IL (Thumb), Rafael Marchan: 60 Day IL (Hand), Noah Song: 60 Day IL (Back), Rhys Hoskins: 60 Day IL (Acl)
- Tigers: Eduardo Rodríguez: 10 Day IL (Finger), Matt Vierling: 10 Day IL (Back), Riley Greene: 10 Day IL (Left fibula), Kerry Carpenter: 10 Day IL (Shoulder), Alex Faedo: 15 Day IL (Finger), Spencer Turnbull: 15 Day IL (Neck), Matt Manning: 60 Day IL (Foot), Trey Wingenter: 60 Day IL (Biceps), Austin Meadows: 60 Day IL (Anxiety), Beau Brieske: 60 Day IL (Arm), Casey Mize: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Tarik Skubal: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Freddy Pacheco: 60 Day IL (Elbow)