Table of Contents
Sportsbooks don’t expect the Minnesota Twins (31-32), at -127 on the moneyline, to break their five-game losing streak when they square off against the Toronto Blue Jays (36-28), at -127, on Friday at 7:07 PM ET. Toronto’s Yusei Kikuchi and Minnesota’s Sonny Gray will start this matchup.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Blue Jays vs. Twins
- Game Day: Friday, June 9, 2023
- Game Time: 7:07 PM ET
- Location: Toronto, Ontario
- Stadium: Rogers Centre
How Do I Watch the Blue Jays vs. the Twins?
- TV Channel: SNET
Blue Jays Stats & Trends
Blue Jays Batting
- The Blue Jays average 1.2 home runs per game to rank 11th in MLB action with 75 total home runs.
- Toronto ranks sixth in MLB with a .262 batting average.
- The Blue Jays are fifth in MLB with a .332 on-base percentage.
- Toronto strikes out 7.8 times per game, the fifth-fewest average in MLB.
- The Blue Jays average one home run per game when playing at home this season (29 total in home outings).
- Toronto has a .405 slugging percentage and is averaging 2.8 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The club is batting .260 with 252 hits (8.7 per game) at home this season.
Blue Jays Key Batters
- Bo Bichette leads Toronto in OBP (.355), slugging percentage (.524) and total hits (88) this season. He has a .322 batting average.
- Among all qualifying hitters in MLB, his batting average ranks fourth, his on-base percentage ranks 36th, and he is 15th in slugging.
- Vladimir Guerrero Jr. has 14 doubles, nine home runs and 23 walks. He’s batting .285 and slugging .456 with an on-base percentage of .353.
- Among qualified batters, his batting average ranks him 30th, his on-base percentage 42nd, and his slugging percentage 62nd.
- Guerrero has picked up a hit in two games in a row. During his last five outings he is hitting .278 with a double, a home run, three walks and two RBI.
- George Springer has collected 59 base hits, an OBP of .312 and a slugging percentage of .381 this season.
- Matt Chapman leads Toronto in OBP (.355) this season, fueled by 63 hits.
Twins Stats & Trends
- The Twins have hit 80 homers this season, which ranks seventh in the league.
- Minnesota ranks 26th in MLB with a team batting average of just .228.
- The Twins have an on-base percentage of .310 this season, which ranks 22nd in the league.
- Minnesota is a team with a lot of swing and miss this season, ranking last with an average of 10.2 strikeouts per game.
- In 31 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 36 homers, an average of 1.2 per contest.
- In 31 road games this season, it is slugging .357 with 79 hits going for extra bases.
- They are averaging 7.3 base hits per game and batting .212 on the road this season.
Twins Key Batters
- Carlos Correa has put up a slugging percentage of .385, a team-best for the Twins. He’s batting .210 with an on-base percentage of .296.
- Including all the qualifying hitters in MLB, he is 150th in batting average, 139th in on-base percentage and 126th in slugging percentage.
- Willi Castro is hitting .256 with six doubles, five home runs and six walks. He’s slugging .419 with an on-base percentage of .312.
- Trevor Larnach is batting .203 with four doubles, two triples, five home runs and 22 walks.
- Michael A. Taylor has seven doubles, eight home runs and nine walks while hitting .222.
Blue Jays vs. Twins Probable Pitchers
|Yusei Kikuchi (TOR)||Pitcher||Sonny Gray (MIN)|
|6 – 2||W/L||4 – 1|
Blue Jays vs. Twins Injury Updates
- Blue Jays: Danny Jansen: 10 Day IL (Groin), Zach Pop: 15 Day IL (Hamstring), Mitchell White: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Chad Green: 60 Day IL (Undisclosed), Hyun-Jin Ryu: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Kevin Kiermaier: day-to-day (Wrist)
- Twins: Joey Gallo: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Byron Buxton: 10 Day IL (Ribs), Jorge Alcala: 15 Day IL (Forearm), Kenta Maeda: 15 Day IL (Tricep), Tyler Mahle: 60 Day IL (Arm), Nick Gordon: 60 Day IL (Shin), Gilberto Celestino: 60 Day IL (Thumb), Chris Paddack: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Jorge Polanco: day-to-day (Leg)