Table of Contents
Jake Rogers leads the Detroit Tigers (26-35) into a contest against the Arizona Diamondbacks (38-25) after his two-home run performance in an 11-6 loss to the Diamondbacks. The Diamondbacks are moneyline favorites (-133) for this game against the underdog Tigers (+112), which begins at 1:10 PM ET on Saturday. Arizona’s Ryne Nelson starts against Detroit’s Matthew Boyd.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Diamondbacks vs. Tigers
- Game Day: Saturday, June 10, 2023
- Game Time: 1:10 PM ET
- Location: Detroit, Michigan
- Stadium: Comerica Park
How Do I Watch the Diamondbacks vs. the Tigers?
- TV Channel: MLB Network
Diamondbacks Stats & Trends
- The Diamondbacks rank 13th in baseball with 72 home runs. They average 1.1 per game.
- Arizona has the second-best batting average in MLB (.265).
- The Diamondbacks rank eighth in baseball with a .330 on-base percentage.
- Arizona strikes out 7.5 times per game, the third-fewest average in baseball.
- The Diamondbacks average 1.3 home runs per road game this season (38 total on the road).
- Arizona is averaging 3.5 extra-base hits per game while slugging .437 away from home.
- The team averages 9.0 hits per game and is batting .259 on the road this season.
Diamondbacks Key Batters
- Corbin Carroll leads Arizona in OBP (.395), slugging percentage (.580) and total hits (66) this season. He has a .311 batting average.
- Among all qualifying batters in MLB, he ranks seventh in batting average, 10th in on-base percentage, and third in slugging.
- Carroll will look for his fifth straight game with a hit in this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .476 with two doubles, four home runs, two walks and eight RBI.
- Ketel Marte is hitting .276 with 11 doubles, four triples, nine home runs and 21 walks, while slugging .474 with an on-base percentage of .342.
- His batting average is 41st among qualified players, his on-base percentage 64th, and his slugging percentage 48th.
- Lourdes Gurriel Jr. is batting .310 with a .550 slugging percentage and 35 RBI this year.
- Gurriel takes a four-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is batting .222 with three doubles, a walk and six RBI.
- Christian Walker is batting .253 with a .319 OBP and 37 RBI for Arizona this season.
- Walker takes a two-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .263 with two doubles, two walks and two RBI.
Tigers Stats & Trends
- The Tigers have hit just 51 homers this season, which ranks 26th in the league.
- Detroit ranks last in MLB with a team batting average of just .222.
- The Tigers have an on-base percentage of .298 this season, which ranks 28th in the league.
- Detroit ranks 18th with an average of 9.1 strikeouts per game.
- They have averaged 0.9 home runs per game in their 28 home contests this season.
- Detroit is slugging .375 in 28 home games this season.
- In home games this season, they’re batting .238 with 8.0 base hits per contest.
Tigers Key Batters
- Spencer Torkelson is batting .228 with 14 doubles, five home runs and 25 walks. He’s slugging .357 with an on-base percentage of .310.
- Including all the qualified hitters in the majors, he is 135th in batting average, 119th in on-base percentage and 143rd in slugging percentage.
- Zach McKinstry is hitting .256 with seven doubles, a triple, four home runs and 25 walks. He’s slugging .388 with an on-base percentage of .360.
- His batting average is 84th among all qualified players, his on-base percentage ranks 29th, and he is 120th in slugging.
- Javier Baez is batting .224 with eight doubles, a triple, four home runs and 10 walks.
- Akil Baddoo is hitting .231 with seven doubles, three home runs and 24 walks.
Diamondbacks vs. Tigers Probable Pitchers
|Ryne Nelson (ARI)||Pitcher||Matthew Boyd (DET)|
|2 – 3||W/L||3 – 4|
Diamondbacks vs. Tigers Injury Updates
- Diamondbacks: Kyle Lewis: 10 Day IL (Illness), Anthony Misiewicz: 15 Day IL (Calf), Joe Mantiply: 15 Day IL (Hamstring), Cole Sulser: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Carson Kelly: 60 Day IL (Forearm), Mark Melancon: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Corbin Martin: 60 Day IL (Lat), Lourdes Gurriel Jr.: day-to-day (Groin)
- Tigers: Eduardo Rodríguez: 10 Day IL (Finger), Matt Vierling: 10 Day IL (Back), Riley Greene: 10 Day IL (Left fibula), Alex Faedo: 15 Day IL (Finger), Trey Wingenter: 60 Day IL (Biceps), Matt Manning: 60 Day IL (Foot), Spencer Turnbull: 60 Day IL (Neck), Austin Meadows: 60 Day IL (Anxiety), Beau Brieske: 60 Day IL (Arm), Casey Mize: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Tarik Skubal: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Freddy Pacheco: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Akil Baddoo: day-to-day (Quadricep)