Table of Contents
Joc Pederson leads the San Francisco Giants (32-31) into a contest with the Chicago Cubs (27-36) after his four-hit outing in a 3-2 loss to the Cubs. The Giants are favorites (-118) for this game against the underdog Cubs (-101), which begins at 7:35 PM ET on Saturday. Chicago has Kyle Hendricks projected to start, while San Francisco has not named a starter.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Giants vs. Cubs
- Game Day: Saturday, June 10, 2023
- Game Time: 7:35 PM ET
- Location: San Francisco, California
- Stadium: Oracle Park
How Do I Watch the Giants vs. the Cubs?
- TV Channel: FOX
Giants Stats & Trends
- The Giants average 1.3 home runs per game to rank ninth in MLB action with 80 total home runs.
- San Francisco is 15th in MLB with a .249 batting average.
- The Giants rank 13th in MLB with an on-base percentage of .323.
- San Francisco strikes out 9.9 times per game, the second-worst mark in baseball.
- The Giants average 1.0 home run per home game this season (32 total at home).
- San Francisco is slugging .389 with 2.5 extra-base hits per game in home contests.
- The team is batting .248 with 267 hits (8.1 per game) at home this season.
Giants Key Batters
- LaMonte Wade Jr leads San Francisco with an OBP of .420 this season while batting .279 with 43 walks and 32 runs scored. He has a slugging percentage of .463.
- Among qualifying hitters in baseball, his batting average ranks 36th, his on-base percentage ranks third, and he is 57th in slugging.
- Thairo Estrada has hit seven homers this season while driving in 20 runs. He’s batting .299 this season and slugging .479 with an on-base percentage of .345.
- Among qualifying hitters, his batting average places him 14th, his on-base percentage 58th, and his slugging percentage 43rd.
- Estrada takes a two-game streak with at least one hit into this matchup. During his last five outings he is batting .217 with three doubles, a home run, two walks and three RBI.
- J.D. Davis leads San Francisco in total hits (57) this season, and 20 of those have gone for extra bases.
- Michael Conforto is batting .246 with a .346 OBP and 31 RBI for San Francisco this season.
Cubs Stats & Trends
- The Cubs rank 17th in Major League Baseball with 70 home runs.
- Chicago has a team batting average of .245 this season, which ranks 18th among MLB teams.
- The Cubs have the 11th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.326).
- Chicago ranks 25th with an average of 9.3 strikeouts per game.
- In 32 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 36 homers, an average of 1.1 per contest.
- Chicago has a team slugging percentage of .399 in away games this season with 91 extra-base hits.
- They are averaging 8.3 base hits per game and batting .245 on the road this season.
Cubs Key Batters
- Nico Hoerner has accumulated a team-best .384 slugging percentage. He’s batting .284 with an on-base percentage of .337.
- Including all qualifying hitters in the majors, he is 29th in batting average, 72nd in on-base percentage and 125th in slugging percentage.
- Dansby Swanson is batting .258 with 13 doubles, two triples, six home runs and 34 walks. He’s slugging .404 with an on-base percentage of .353.
- His batting average is 77th among all qualified players, his on-base percentage is 42nd, and he is 102nd in slugging.
- Ian Happ has a team-high .390 on-base percentage.
- Seiya Suzuki has 11 doubles, a triple, six home runs and 25 walks while batting .278.
Giants vs. Cubs Probable Pitchers
|(SF)||Pitcher||Kyle Hendricks (CHC)|
|–||W/L||0 – 2|
Giants vs. Cubs Injury Updates
- Giants: Joey Bart: 10 Day IL (Groin), Alex Wood: 15 Day IL (Back), Ross Stripling: 15 Day IL (Back), Heliot Ramos: 60 Day IL (Oblique), Roberto Pérez: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Luis González: 60 Day IL (Back), Thomas Szapucki: 60 Day IL (Left arm), J.D. Davis: day-to-day (Hip)
- Cubs: Cody Bellinger: 10 Day IL (Knee), Edwin Ríos: 10 Day IL (Groin), Justin Steele: 15 Day IL (Forearm), Brad Boxberger: 15 Day IL (Forearm), Nick Burdi: 15 Day IL (Appendicitis), Adrian Sampson: 60 Day IL (Right meniscus), Ethan Roberts: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Codi Heuer: 60 Day IL (Elbow)