Table of Contents
Steven Kwan leads the Cleveland Guardians (32-38) into a contest with the Arizona Diamondbacks (43-28) after his four-hit showing in a 6-3 loss to the Diamondbacks. The Guardians are favored (-113) for this game against the underdog Diamondbacks (-107), which begins at 4:10 PM ET on Sunday. Cleveland’s Tanner Bibee and Arizona’s Zach Davies will start this matchup.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Guardians vs. Diamondbacks
- Game Day: Sunday, June 18, 2023
- Game Time: 4:10 PM ET
- Location: Phoenix, Arizona
- Stadium: Chase Field
How Do I Watch the Guardians vs. the Diamondbacks?
- TV Channel: BSAZ
Guardians Stats & Trends
- The Guardians are last in MLB play with 46 home runs.
- Cleveland has the 19th-ranked batting average in MLB (.241).
- The Guardians are 24th in MLB with a .306 on-base percentage.
- Cleveland strikes out 7.1 times per game, the second-fewest mark in the majors.
- The Guardians average 0.7 homers per road game this season (27 total on the road).
- Cleveland is slugging .357 with 2.4 extra-base hits per game on the road.
- The team is batting .242 with 310 hits (8.4 per game) on the road this season.
Guardians Key Batters
- Jose Ramirez leads Cleveland in OBP (.349), slugging percentage (.498) and total hits (74) this season. He has a .284 batting average.
- Among the qualified batters in baseball, his batting average ranks 31st, his on-base percentage ranks 49th, and he is 23rd in slugging.
- Kwan is hitting .263 with 16 doubles, a triple, two home runs and 34 walks. He’s slugging .349 with an on-base percentage of .342.
- He ranks 69th in batting average, 65th in on-base percentage and 149th in slugging in the majors.
- Kwan heads into this game looking to extend his two-game hit streak. In his last five games he is hitting .316 with an RBI.
- Josh Naylor has 62 hits this season and has a slash line of .277/.321/.438.
- Andres Gimenez has five home runs, 22 RBI and a batting average of .239 this season.
- Gimenez brings a three-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .267 with a home run, two walks and three RBI.
Diamondbacks Stats & Trends
- The Diamondbacks have hit 83 homers this season, which ranks 10th in the league.
- Arizona has a team batting average of .264 this season, which ranks third among MLB teams.
- The Diamondbacks are among the best in the league at getting on base, ranking sixth with an OBP of .330.
- Arizona has shown good bat-to-ball skills at the plate this season with the third-best strikeout rate (7.5 per game) among MLB offenses.
- In 40 games at home this season, they’ve hit 42 homers, an average of 1.1 per contest.
- In 40 home games this season, it is slugging .442 with 132 hits going for extra bases.
- In 40 home games this season, they have a batting average of .270 while averaging 9.0 base hits per contest.
Diamondbacks Key Batters
- Corbin Carroll has racked up 75 hits with a .393 on-base percentage and a .598 slugging percentage, all club-highs for the Diamondbacks. He’s batting .311.
- Including all the qualifying players in MLB, his batting average ranks sixth, his on-base percentage ranks 10th, and he is second in slugging.
- Ketel Marte is batting .289 with 12 doubles, four triples, 10 home runs and 28 walks. He’s slugging .486 with an on-base percentage of .365.
- He is currently 23rd in batting average, 23rd in on-base percentage and 34th in slugging percentage among all qualified hitters.
- Christian Walker is batting .265 with 18 doubles, 14 home runs and 25 walks.
- Lourdes Gurriel Jr. is batting .278 with 17 doubles, two triples, 11 home runs and 15 walks.
Guardians vs. Diamondbacks Probable Pitchers
|Tanner Bibee (CLE)||Pitcher||Zach Davies (ARI)|
|2 – 2||W/L||1 – 2|
Guardians vs. Diamondbacks Injury Updates
- Guardians: Cal Quantrill: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Triston McKenzie: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Peyton Battenfield: 60 Day IL (Shoulder)
- Diamondbacks: Cole Sulser: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Mark Melancon: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Corbin Martin: 60 Day IL (Lat)