Table of Contents
The Philadelphia Phillies (37-34) are favored (-247) as they look to finish off a sweep of a three-game series against the Oakland Athletics (19-54, +203). The series finale starts at 4:07 PM ET on Sunday. Philadelphia’s Zack Wheeler gets the start against Oakland’s Hogan Harris.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Phillies vs. Athletics
- Game Day: Sunday, June 18, 2023
- Game Time: 4:07 PM ET
- Location: Oakland, California
- Stadium: Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum
How Do I Watch the Phillies vs. the Athletics?
- TV Channel: NBCS-CA
Phillies Stats & Trends
- The Phillies average 1.1 home runs per game to rank 18th in MLB action with 77 total home runs.
- Philadelphia’s .259 batting average is eighth-best in the majors.
- The Phillies’ .323 on-base percentage ranks 13th in MLB.
- Philadelphia’s 9.1 strikeouts per game rank 25th in baseball.
- The Phillies have hit 45 home runs away from home this season (1.1 per game).
- Philadelphia has a .427 slugging percentage and is averaging 3.4 extra-base hits per game on the road.
- The team is batting .261 with 378 hits (9.2 per game) on the road this season.
Phillies Key Batters
- Nicholas Castellanos has 87 hits and an OBP of .358 to go with a slugging percentage of .493. All three of those stats are best among Philadelphia hitters this season. He has a .315 batting average, as well.
- Among qualifying batters in the majors, he ranks fourth in batting average, 32nd in on-base percentage, and 27th in slugging.
- Castellanos hopes to build on a six-game hitting streak in this matchup. In his last 10 games he is hitting .293 with three doubles, a home run, two walks and seven RBI.
- Kyle Schwarber is hitting .178 with seven doubles, a triple, 19 home runs and 53 walks. He’s slugging .439 with an on-base percentage of .327.
- Among qualifying hitters, his batting average ranks him 159th, his on-base percentage 89th, and his slugging percentage 68th.
- Schwarber takes a three-game streak with at least one hit into this contest. During his last five outings he is hitting .238 with a double, two home runs, four walks and four RBI.
- Bryson Stott has collected 82 base hits, an OBP of .339 and a slugging percentage of .432 this season.
- Stott brings a seven-game hitting streak into this game. In his last 10 games he is hitting .395 with a double, two triples, two home runs, a walk and eight RBI.
- Alec Bohm has seven home runs, 45 RBI and a batting average of .271 this season.
- Bohm heads into this game on a five-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .360 with two doubles, a home run and eight RBI.
Athletics Stats & Trends
- The Athletics have hit 67 homers this season, which ranks 23rd in the league.
- Oakland ranks last in MLB with a team batting average of just .222.
- The Athletics have an OBP of just .304 this season, which ranks 26th in MLB.
- Oakland ranks 29th in strikeouts per game (9.4) among MLB offenses.
- They’ve hit 29 homers, an average of 0.8 per game, in 37 home contests this season.
- Oakland has a team slugging percentage of .321 in home games this season with 77 extra-base hits.
- They are averaging 6.7 base hits per game and batting .206 as a team at home this season.
Athletics Key Batters
- Esteury Ruiz has a slugging percentage of .339, a team-best for the Athletics. He’s batting .261 with an on-base percentage of .319.
- Including all qualifying players, he is 74th in batting average, while his on-base percentage ranks 106th and he is 151st in slugging.
- Ruiz heads into this game on a four-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .286 with two doubles, a walk and an RBI.
- Brent Rooker leads his team with 54 hits. He has a batting average of .254 while slugging .493 with an on-base percentage of .353.
- He is currently 94th in batting average, 38th in on-base percentage and 27th in slugging percentage among all qualifying hitters.
- Ryan Noda has put up an on-base percentage of .401, a team-high for the Athletics.
- Jace Peterson is hitting .224 with four doubles, a triple, five home runs and 25 walks.
Phillies vs. Athletics Probable Pitchers
|Zack Wheeler (PHI)||Pitcher||Hogan Harris (OAK)|
|5 – 4||W/L||2 – 0|
Phillies vs. Athletics Injury Updates
- Phillies: Seranthony Domínguez: 15 Day IL (Oblique), Darick Hall: 60 Day IL (Thumb), Rafael Marchan: 60 Day IL (Hand), Noah Song: 60 Day IL (Back), Rhys Hoskins: 60 Day IL (Acl), Nicholas Castellanos: day-to-day (Illness)
- Athletics: Kevin Smith: 10 Day IL (Back), Zach Jackson: 15 Day IL (Undisclosed), Mason Miller: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Richard Lovelady: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Drew Rucinski: 15 Day IL (Illness), Dany Jimenez: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Freddy Tarnok: 60 Day IL (Undisclosed), Kirby Snead: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Manny Piña: 60 Day IL (Wrist)