Table of Contents
The Detroit Tigers (30-40) and the Kansas City Royals (19-52) meet on Monday at 6:40 PM ET. The Tigers are moneyline favorites (-147) against the underdog Royals (+125). Detroit’s Reese Olson and Kansas City’s Jordan Lyles will start this matchup.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Tigers vs. Royals
- Game Day: Monday, June 19, 2023
- Game Time: 6:40 PM ET
- Location: Detroit, Michigan
- Stadium: Comerica Park
How Do I Watch the Tigers vs. the Royals?
- TV Channel: BSDET
Tigers Stats & Trends
- The Tigers average 0.9 home runs per game to rank 25th in MLB play with 65 total home runs.
- Detroit has the 25th-ranked batting average in MLB (.229).
- The Tigers rank 27th in baseball with an on-base percentage of .302.
- Detroit strikes out 9.0 times per game to rank 17th in MLB.
- The Tigers have hit 35 home runs at home this season (1.1 per game).
- Detroit has a .396 slugging percentage and is averaging 2.9 extra-base hits per game at home.
- At home this season the club averages 8.4 hits per game and is batting .246.
Tigers Key Batters
- Spencer Torkelson is hitting .235 with 17 doubles, eight home runs and 30 walks. He has an on-base percentage of .318 while slugging .392.
- He is 121st in batting average, 106th in on-base percentage, and 117th in slugging among qualified batters in the majors.
- Javier Baez leads Detroit in slugging percentage (.347) thanks to 17 extra-base hits. He’s batting .234 with an on-base percentage of .273.
- Among qualifiers, he ranks 124th in batting average, 155th in on-base percentage and 148th in slugging percentage.
- Zach McKinstry is batting .246 with a .372 slugging percentage and 13 RBI this year.
- McKinstry has picked up a hit in three games in a row. During his last five outings he is batting .176 with .
- Matt Vierling has been key for Detroit with 48 hits, an OBP of .318 plus a slugging percentage of .415.
Royals Stats & Trends
- The Royals’ 65 home runs rank 25th in Major League Baseball.
- Kansas City has a team batting average of .233 this season, which ranks 23rd among MLB teams.
- The Royals are among the worst in the league at getting on base, ranking 29th with an OBP of .297.
- Kansas City ranks 16th with an average of 8.8 strikeouts per game.
- They have averaged 0.8 home runs per game in their 33 road contests this season.
- Kansas City is slugging .353 in 33 road games this season.
- In 33 road games this season, they have a batting average of .223 while averaging 7.5 base hits per contest.
Royals Key Batters
- Bobby Witt Jr. has a team-best .422 slugging percentage. He’s batting .244 with an on-base percentage of .283.
- Including all the qualifying hitters in MLB, his batting average is 106th, his on-base percentage is 150th, and he is 87th in slugging.
- Salvador Perez leads his team with 67 hits. He has a batting average of .268 while slugging .492 with an on-base percentage of .303.
- Including all qualified players, he is 57th in batting average, 128th in on-base percentage and 32nd in slugging percentage.
- Edward Olivares has 10 doubles, four triples, five home runs and 11 walks while hitting .259.
- MJ Melendez is batting .218 with 12 doubles, two triples, six home runs and 28 walks.
Tigers vs. Royals Probable Pitchers
|Reese Olson (DET)||Pitcher||Jordan Lyles (KC)|
|0 – 2||W/L||0 – 11|
Tigers vs. Royals Injury Updates
- Tigers: Eduardo Rodríguez: 10 Day IL (Finger), Riley Greene: 10 Day IL (Fibula), Akil Baddoo: 10 Day IL (Quadricep), Alex Faedo: 15 Day IL (Finger), Matt Manning: 60 Day IL (Foot), Spencer Turnbull: 60 Day IL (Neck), Trey Wingenter: 60 Day IL (Biceps), Austin Meadows: 60 Day IL (Anxiety), Beau Brieske: 60 Day IL (Arm), Casey Mize: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Tarik Skubal: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Freddy Pacheco: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Matt Vierling: day-to-day (Back)
- Royals: Kyle Isbel: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Michael Massey: 10 Day IL (Hand), Brad Keller: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Josh Taylor: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Amir Garrett: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Josh Staumont: 15 Day IL (Neck), Ryan Yarbrough: 60 Day IL (Head), Vinnie Pasquantino: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Kris Bubic: 60 Day IL (Flexor), Jake Brentz: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Angel Zerpa: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Diego Hernandez: 60 Day IL (Shoulder)