Table of Contents
Josh Naylor leads the Cleveland Guardians (33-38) into a contest against the Oakland Athletics (19-55) a game after he collected four hits in a 12-3 win over the Diamondbacks. The Guardians are favorites (-225) against the Athletics (+187) in this outing, which starts at 7:10 PM ET on Tuesday. Cleveland’s Aaron Civale starts against Oakland’s Luis Medina.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Guardians vs. Athletics
- Game Day: Tuesday, June 20, 2023
- Game Time: 7:10 PM ET
- Location: Cleveland, Ohio
- Stadium: Progressive Field
How Do I Watch the Guardians vs. the Athletics?
- TV Channel: BSGL
Guardians Stats & Trends
- The Guardians are last in MLB play with 46 home runs.
- Cleveland’s .244 batting average ranks 19th in the majors.
- The Guardians’ .308 on-base percentage is 24th in MLB.
- Cleveland’s batters strike out 7.1 times per game, the second-fewest strikeouts in MLB.
- The Guardians average 0.6 homers per game when playing at home this season (19 total in home outings).
- Cleveland has a .371 slugging percentage and is averaging 2.9 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The team is batting .241 with 260 hits (7.9 per game) at home this season.
Guardians Key Batters
- Jose Ramirez leads Cleveland in OBP (.346), slugging percentage (.498) and total hits (75) this season. He has a .281 batting average.
- Among all qualified hitters in the majors, his batting average ranks 35th, his on-base percentage ranks 54th, and he is 24th in slugging.
- Steven Kwan is batting .261 with 16 doubles, two triples, two home runs and 34 walks. He’s slugging .352 with an on-base percentage of .339.
- His batting average ranks 74th among qualified players, his on-base percentage 66th, and his slugging percentage 145th.
- Kwan enters this game looking to extend his three-game hit streak. In his last five games he is batting .300 with a triple and three RBI.
- Naylor has collected 66 base hits, an OBP of .331 and a slugging percentage of .450 this season.
- Andres Gimenez has five home runs, 24 RBI and a batting average of .239 this season.
- Gimenez has hit safely in four games in a row. In his last five games he is batting .278 with a triple, a home run, three walks and five RBI.
Athletics Stats & Trends
- The Athletics have hit 68 homers this season, which ranks 22nd in the league.
- Oakland has a team batting average of just .222 this season, which ranks last among MLB teams.
- The Athletics have an OBP of just .304 this season, which ranks 26th in MLB.
- Oakland ranks just 29th in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 9.4 whiffs per contest.
- They have averaged 1.1 home runs per game in their 36 road contests this season.
- Oakland is slugging .383 in 36 road games this season.
- In 36 road games this season, they have a batting average of .237 while averaging 8.0 base hits per contest.
Athletics Key Batters
- Esteury Ruiz has racked up a team-high .345 slugging percentage. He’s batting .264 with an on-base percentage of .321.
- Including all the qualifying hitters in the majors, he is 65th in batting average, 101st in on-base percentage and 150th in slugging percentage.
- Ruiz hopes to build on a five-game hitting streak in this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .368 with three doubles, a walk and an RBI.
- Brent Rooker’s 55 hits lead his team. He has a batting average of .255 while slugging .491 with an on-base percentage of .356.
- Including all qualified players, he ranks 89th in batting average, 34th in on-base percentage and 33rd in slugging percentage.
- Ryan Noda a has .397 on-base percentage to pace the Athletics.
- Jace Peterson is hitting .220 with four doubles, a triple, five home runs and 25 walks.
Guardians vs. Athletics Probable Pitchers
|Aaron Civale (CLE)||Pitcher||Luis Medina (OAK)|
|2 – 2||W/L||1 – 6|
Guardians vs. Athletics Injury Updates
- Guardians: Cal Quantrill: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Triston McKenzie: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Peyton Battenfield: 60 Day IL (Shoulder)
- Athletics: Kevin Smith: 10 Day IL (Back), Zach Jackson: 15 Day IL (Undisclosed), Drew Rucinski: 15 Day IL (Illness), Richard Lovelady: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Mason Miller: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Dany Jimenez: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Freddy Tarnok: 60 Day IL (Undisclosed), Kirby Snead: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Manny Piña: 60 Day IL (Wrist)