Table of Contents
The Miami Marlins (44-34) and the Pittsburgh Pirates (35-41) square off on Sunday at 1:40 PM ET. The Marlins are moneyline favorites (-172) against the underdog Pirates (+146). Miami’s Eury Perez and Pittsburgh’s Johan Oviedo pitch first for their squads in this matchup.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Marlins vs. Pirates
- Game Day: Sunday, June 25, 2023
- Game Time: 1:40 PM ET
- Location: Miami, Florida
- Stadium: LoanDepot park
How Do I Watch the Marlins vs. the Pirates?
- TV Channel: BSFL
Marlins Stats & Trends
- The Marlins average 0.9 home runs per game to rank 25th in MLB play with 71 total home runs.
- Miami has the eighth-best batting average in the majors (.260).
- The Marlins’ .321 on-base percentage is 15th in MLB.
- Miami’s batters strike out 8.1 times per game, the 10th-fewest strikeouts in the majors.
- The Marlins average 0.7 homers per home game this season (28 total at home).
- Miami has a .393 slugging percentage and is averaging 2.5 extra-base hits per game at home.
- At home this season the team averages 8.9 hits per game and is batting .272.
Marlins Key Batters
- Luis Arraez leads Miami with an OBP of .454, plus a team-best slugging percentage of .496. He’s batting .401 on the season.
- Among all qualifying batters, he ranks first in batting average, his on-base percentage ranks first, and he is 26th in slugging.
- Arraez will look for his ninth straight game with a hit in this contest. During his last 10 games he is batting .463 with two home runs, five walks and seven RBI.
- Jorge Soler has 67 hits, which is tops among Miami batters this season. He’s batting .248 with 33 extra-base hits. He’s also slugging .526 with an on-base percentage of .346.
- Among all qualified batters, he ranks 96th in batting average, 52nd in on-base percentage and 11th in slugging percentage.
- Bryan De La Cruz has collected 76 base hits, an OBP of .322 and a slugging percentage of .417 this season.
- De La Cruz has logged a hit or more in six straight games. In his last 10 games he is batting .209 with two doubles, two walks and six RBI.
- Yuli Gurriel has been key for Miami with 47 hits, an OBP of .316 plus a slugging percentage of .388.
Pirates Stats & Trends
- The Pirates rank 27th in Major League Baseball with just 69 home runs as a team.
- Pittsburgh’s .238 batting average ranks 21st in the majors this season.
- The Pirates have an OBP of .316 this season, which ranks 20th in MLB.
- Pittsburgh ranks 13th in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.4 Ks per contest.
- In 39 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 44 homers, an average of 1.1 per contest.
- In 39 road games this season, it is slugging .406 with 127 hits going for extra bases.
- In 39 road games this season, they have a batting average of .237 while averaging 8.1 base hits per contest.
Pirates Key Batters
- Andrew McCutchen has a team-high .392 on-base percentage. He’s batting .267 and slugging .430.
- Including all the qualifying hitters in the majors, he is 61st in batting average, ninth in on-base percentage and 79th in slugging percentage.
- Carlos Santana has 17 doubles, six home runs and 33 walks while batting .229. He’s slugging .369 with an on-base percentage of .316.
- Including all qualified hitters, he is 125th in batting average, 105th in on-base percentage and 134th in slugging percentage.
- Ke’Bryan Hayes has put up a team-high .397 slugging percentage.
- Jack Suwinski has collected 44 hits to pace his team.
Marlins vs. Pirates Probable Pitchers
|Eury Pérez (MIA)||Pitcher||Johan Oviedo (PIT)|
|4 – 1||W/L||3 – 7|
Marlins vs. Pirates Injury Updates
- Marlins: Avisaíl García: 10 Day IL (Back), Jean Segura: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Jazz Chisholm: 10 Day IL (Toe), Edward Cabrera: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Matt Barnes: 15 Day IL (Hip), Trevor Rogers: 60 Day IL (Forearm ), Johnny Cueto: 60 Day IL (Biceps), Tommy Nance: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Max Meyer: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Anthony Bender: 60 Day IL (Elbow)
- Pirates: Bryan Reynolds: 10 Day IL (Back), Rob Zastryzny: 15 Day IL (Forearm), Colin Holderman: 15 Day IL (Wrist), Jose Hernandez: 15 Day IL (Calf), Vince Velásquez: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Wil Crowe: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Oneil Cruz: 60 Day IL (Ankle), Ji-Man Choi: 60 Day IL (Achilles), Jarlin García: 60 Day IL (Arm), Max Kranick: 60 Day IL (Elbow), JT Brubaker: 60 Day IL (Elbow)