Table of Contents
The Cleveland Guardians (37-39) and the Milwaukee Brewers (39-37) play in a matchup sportsbooks have called a pick ’em, with both teams equal on the moneyline, on Sunday at Progressive Field, starting at 1:40 PM ET. Cleveland’s Aaron Civale and Milwaukee’s Corbin Burnes will start this matchup.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Guardians vs. Brewers
- Game Day: Sunday, June 25, 2023
- Game Time: 1:40 PM ET
- Location: Cleveland, Ohio
- Stadium: Progressive Field
How Do I Watch the Guardians vs. the Brewers?
- TV Channel: MLB Network
Guardians Stats & Trends
- The Guardians have hit 49 home runs this season, the lowest total in MLB action.
- Cleveland is 18th in the majors with a .245 batting average.
- The Guardians rank 22nd in baseball with an on-base percentage of .310.
- Cleveland strikes out 7.2 times per game to rank second in MLB.
- The Guardians average 0.6 homers per game when playing at home this season (22 total in home outings).
- Cleveland is slugging .376 with 2.9 extra-base hits per game in home contests.
- The team is batting .245 with 304 hits (8.0 per game) at home this season.
Guardians Key Batters
- Jose Ramirez leads Cleveland in OBP (.357), slugging percentage (.517) and total hits (84) this season. He has a .294 batting average.
- Among qualified hitters in baseball, he is 15th in batting average, 31st in on-base percentage, and 14th in slugging.
- Ramirez has recorded at least one hit in six straight games. During his last 10 games he is hitting .390 with two doubles, two triples, two home runs, three walks and eight RBI.
- Steven Kwan is hitting .263 with 18 doubles, two triples, two home runs and 35 walks. He’s slugging .355 with an on-base percentage of .340.
- He ranks 68th in batting average, 62nd in on-base percentage and 142nd in slugging among qualifying hitters.
- Kwan enters this matchup looking to extend his eight-game hit streak. In his last 10 games he is hitting .300 with two doubles, a triple, a walk and four RBI.
- Josh Naylor is batting .289 with a .454 slugging percentage and 56 RBI this year.
- Naylor has recorded a hit in two straight games. In his last five games he is hitting .300 with a double, a home run, a walk and three RBI.
- Andres Gimenez is batting .238 with a .305 OBP and 27 RBI for Cleveland this season.
- Gimenez has hit safely in two straight games. During his last five outings he is hitting .222 with a triple, a walk and five RBI.
Brewers Stats & Trends
- The Brewers rank 18th in Major League Baseball with 85 home runs.
- Milwaukee ranks 29th in MLB with a team batting average of just .226.
- The Brewers have the 25th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.303).
- Milwaukee is a team with a lot of swing and miss this season, ranking 26th with an average of 9.5 strikeouts per game.
- They’ve hit 35 homers, an average of 1.0 per game, in 36 road contests this season.
- Milwaukee is slugging .356 in 36 road games this season.
- In away games this season, they’re batting .229 with 7.8 base hits per contest.
Brewers Key Batters
- Christian Yelich has racked up an on-base percentage of .362, a slugging percentage of .428, and has 72 hits, all club-bests for the Brewers (while batting .268).
- He ranks 58th in batting average, 26th in on-base percentage and 82nd in slugging percentage among all qualified hitters in MLB.
- Yelich heads into this game on a three-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .222 with a triple, two walks and three RBI.
- William Contreras is batting .246 with 12 doubles, a triple, eight home runs and 27 walks. He’s slugging .427 with an on-base percentage of .338.
- Including all qualifying hitters, he is 100th in batting average, 64th in on-base percentage and 83rd in slugging percentage.
- Willy Adames has eight doubles, 12 home runs and 28 walks while hitting .213.
- Brian Anderson is batting .224 with 10 doubles, a triple, nine home runs and 34 walks.
Guardians vs. Brewers Probable Pitchers
|Aaron Civale (CLE)||Pitcher||Corbin Burnes (MIL)|
|2 – 2||W/L||5 – 5|
Guardians vs. Brewers Injury Updates
- Guardians: Cal Quantrill: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Triston McKenzie: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Peyton Battenfield: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Will Brennan: day-to-day (Shoulder)
- Brewers: Tyrone Taylor: 10 Day IL (Elbow), Eric Lauer: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Jake Cousins: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Bennett Sousa: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Brandon Woodruff: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Darin Ruf: 60 Day IL (Knee), Garrett Mitchell: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Jason Alexander: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Justin Wilson: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Aaron Ashby: 60 Day IL (Labrum), Wade Miley: day-to-day (Cramps)