Table of Contents
Yandy Diaz leads the Tampa Bay Rays (54-27) into a matchup against the Arizona Diamondbacks (47-32) after he totaled four hits in a 3-1 win over the Royals. The Diamondbacks are favorites (-124) against the Rays (+105) in this outing, which begins at 9:40 PM ET on Tuesday. Arizona has Zac Gallen starting, and Tampa Bay counters with Taj Bradley.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Diamondbacks vs. Rays
- Game Day: Tuesday, June 27, 2023
- Game Time: 9:40 PM ET
- Location: Phoenix, Arizona
- Stadium: Chase Field
How Do I Watch the Diamondbacks vs. the Rays?
- TV Channel: BSAZ
Diamondbacks Stats & Trends
- The Diamondbacks are 14th in MLB play with 91 home runs. They average 1.2 per game.
- Arizona’s .265 batting average is fourth-best in the majors.
- The Diamondbacks’ .332 on-base percentage ranks fifth-best in baseball.
- Arizona strikes out 7.5 times per game, the third-fewest average in the majors.
- The Diamondbacks average 1.0 home run per home game this season (43 total at home).
- Arizona has a .442 slugging percentage and is averaging 3.3 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The club averages 9.0 hits per game and is batting .269 at home this season.
Diamondbacks Key Batters
- Corbin Carroll leads Arizona with 81 hits, batting .293 this season with 39 extra-base hits. He has an on-base percentage of .372 and a slugging percentage of .562.
- Among all qualified hitters in MLB, he is 14th in batting average, 18th in on-base percentage, and fifth in slugging.
- Ketel Marte is slashing .294/.373/.518 this season and leads the Diamondbacks with an OPS of .890.
- Among qualifying batters, he is 13th in batting average, 17th in on-base percentage and 13th in slugging percentage.
- Marte takes a four-game streak with at least one hit into this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .316 with three home runs, four walks and eight RBI.
- Christian Walker has 80 hits this season and has a slash line of .282/.346/.521.
- Walker heads into this game with 10 games in a row with at least one hit. In his last 10 outings he is hitting .436 with six doubles, two home runs, four walks and 11 RBI.
- Lourdes Gurriel Jr. has 11 home runs, 44 RBI and a batting average of .275 this season.
- Gurriel heads into this game on a two-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .211 with a walk and two RBI.
Rays Stats & Trends
- The Rays rank third in Major League Baseball with 123 home runs.
- Tampa Bay has a team batting average of .266 this season, which ranks third among MLB teams.
- The Rays are among the best in the league at getting on base, ranking third with an OBP of .339.
- Tampa Bay ranks 17th in strikeouts per game (8.5) among MLB offenses.
- In 37 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 55 homers, an average of 1.5 per contest.
- In 37 road games this season, it is slugging .446 with 123 hits going for extra bases.
- They are averaging 9.2 base hits per game and batting .264 on the road this season.
Rays Key Batters
- Wander Franco has racked up a team-high .461 slugging percentage. He’s batting .287 with an on-base percentage of .350.
- Including all qualified players, he ranks 24th in batting average, while his on-base percentage is 41st and he is 58th in slugging.
- Randy Arozarena’s .405 on-base percentage leads his team. He has a batting average of .292 while slugging .485.
- He is currently 16th in batting average, fifth in on-base percentage and 33rd in slugging percentage among all qualifying batters.
- Diaz has put up 80 hits, a team-best for the Rays.
- Isaac Paredes is batting .259 with 12 doubles, 13 home runs and 27 walks.
Diamondbacks vs. Rays Probable Pitchers
|Zac Gallen (ARI)||Pitcher||Taj Bradley (TB)|
|9 – 2||W/L||5 – 3|
Diamondbacks vs. Rays Injury Updates
- Diamondbacks: Cole Sulser: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Mark Melancon: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Corbin Martin: 60 Day IL (Lat)
- Rays: Brandon Lowe: 10 Day IL (Leg), Calvin Faucher: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Drew Rasmussen: 60 Day IL (Flexor), Jeffrey Springs: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Garrett Cleavinger: 60 Day IL (Knee), Josh Fleming: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Shane Baz: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Andrew Kittredge: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Shane McClanahan: day-to-day (Back)