Table of Contents
The Cleveland Guardians (37-40) visit the Kansas City Royals (22-56) on Tuesday in game 1 of a three-game series, with the first pitch at 8:10 PM ET from Kauffman Stadium. The favored Guardians (-141) head into the matchup after a series loss to the Brewers, and the underdog Royals (+120) are coming off of a series split with the Rays. Cleveland’s Gavin Williams gets the start against Kansas City’s Brady Singer.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Guardians vs. Royals
- Game Day: Tuesday, June 27, 2023
- Game Time: 8:10 PM ET
- Location: Kansas City, Missouri
- Stadium: Kauffman Stadium
How Do I Watch the Guardians vs. the Royals?
- TV Channel: BSKC
Guardians Stats & Trends
- The Guardians are last in MLB play with 50 home runs.
- Cleveland’s .246 batting average ranks 17th in MLB.
- The Guardians rank 22nd in baseball with a .310 on-base percentage.
- Cleveland strikes out 7.2 times per game to rank second in baseball.
- The Guardians average 0.7 home runs per road game this season (27 total away from home).
- Cleveland has a .363 slugging percentage and is averaging 2.4 extra-base hits per game away from home.
- The club averages 8.6 hits per game and is batting .246 away from home this season.
Guardians Key Batters
- Jose Ramirez leads Cleveland in OBP (.355), slugging percentage (.510) and total hits (84) this season. He has a .290 batting average.
- Among qualifying hitters in MLB, he ranks 21st in batting average, 32nd in on-base percentage, and 18th in slugging.
- Steven Kwan is batting .259 with 18 doubles, two triples, two home runs and 35 walks, while slugging .350 with an on-base percentage of .335.
- He is 73rd in batting average, 66th in on-base percentage and 142nd in slugging in the major leagues.
- Josh Naylor is batting .291 with a .469 slugging percentage and 57 RBI this year.
- Naylor has picked up a hit in three games in a row. During his last five outings he is hitting .381 with two doubles, two home runs and four RBI.
- Andres Gimenez has been key for Cleveland with 62 hits, an OBP of .310 plus a slugging percentage of .375.
- Gimenez brings a three-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .278 with a triple and four RBI.
Royals Stats & Trends
- The Royals’ 73 home runs rank 24th in Major League Baseball.
- Kansas City has a team batting average of .234 this season, which ranks 23rd among MLB teams.
- The Royals have an OBP of just .298 this season, which ranks 28th in MLB.
- Kansas City ranks 24th in strikeouts per game (9.1) among MLB offenses.
- They’ve hit 40 homers, an average of 1.1 per game, in 38 home contests this season.
- Kansas City is slugging .399 in 38 home games this season.
- In home games this season, they’re batting .241 with 8.1 base hits per contest.
Royals Key Batters
- Bobby Witt Jr. has a .426 slugging percentage, which paces the Royals. He’s batting .247 with an on-base percentage of .290.
- Including all qualified players in the majors, his batting average places him 97th, his on-base percentage is 140th, and he is 85th in slugging.
- Witt Jr. enters this game on a three-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .263 with two doubles, two walks and two RBI.
- Salvador Perez has 73 hits to pace his team. He has a batting average of .263 while slugging .475 with an on-base percentage of .297.
- Including all qualifying hitters, he is 65th in batting average, 135th in on-base percentage and 41st in slugging percentage.
- Edward Olivares is batting .259 with 11 doubles, four triples, six home runs and 12 walks.
- MJ Melendez has 12 doubles, two triples, six home runs and 31 walks while batting .215.
Guardians vs. Royals Probable Pitchers
|Gavin Williams (CLE)||Pitcher||Brady Singer (KC)|
|0 – 0||W/L||4 – 7|
Guardians vs. Royals Injury Updates
- Guardians: Cal Quantrill: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Triston McKenzie: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Peyton Battenfield: 60 Day IL (Shoulder)
- Royals: Michael Massey: 10 Day IL (Hand), Kyle Isbel: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Brad Keller: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Josh Taylor: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Amir Garrett: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Josh Staumont: 15 Day IL (Neck), Ryan Yarbrough: 60 Day IL (Head), Vinnie Pasquantino: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Kris Bubic: 60 Day IL (Flexor), Jake Brentz: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Angel Zerpa: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Diego Hernandez: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Matt Beaty: 7 Day IL (Concussion protocol)