Table of Contents
The Philadelphia Phillies (40-37) visit the Chicago Cubs (37-39) on Tuesday at Wrigley Field, starting at 8:05 PM ET. The Phillies are favored on the moneyline (-130), while the Cubs are +108 underdogs. The Cubs are favored against the spread () with odds, despite being the moneyline underdog. Philadelphia’s Ranger Suarez starts against Chicago’s Jameson Taillon.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Phillies vs. Cubs
- Game Day: Tuesday, June 27, 2023
- Game Time: 8:05 PM ET
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Stadium: Wrigley Field
How Do I Watch the Phillies vs. the Cubs?
- TV Channel: MARQ
Phillies Stats & Trends
- The Phillies average 1.0 home run per game to rank 21st in baseball with 80 total home runs.
- Philadelphia’s .257 batting average is 10th-best in MLB.
- The Phillies’ .323 on-base percentage is 13th in MLB.
- Philadelphia strikes out 9.2 times per game to rank 23rd in the majors.
- The Phillies average 1.1 home runs per game when playing away from home this season (46 total in road contests).
- Philadelphia has a .425 slugging percentage and is averaging 3.4 extra-base hits per game away from home.
- The club is batting .260 with 385 hits (9.2 per game) on the road this season.
Phillies Key Batters
- Nicholas Castellanos leads Philadelphia with 92 hits and an OBP of .359, plus a team-best slugging percentage of .490. He’s batting .313.
- Among qualifying hitters in baseball, he ranks seventh in batting average, 28th in on-base percentage, and 29th in slugging.
- Bryson Stott is hitting .295 with 12 doubles, two triples, seven home runs and 17 walks. He’s slugging .420 with an on-base percentage of .332.
- He ranks 11th in batting average, 70th in on-base percentage and 89th in slugging in the major leagues.
- Kyle Schwarber has collected 50 base hits, an OBP of .324 and a slugging percentage of .430 this season.
- Trea Turner is batting .248 with a .305 OBP and 28 RBI for Philadelphia this season.
- Turner has hit safely in three straight games. In his last five games he is hitting .250 with a home run, three walks and six RBI.
Cubs Stats & Trends
- The Cubs have hit 85 homers this season, which ranks 19th in the league.
- Chicago has a team batting average of .248 this season, which ranks 16th among MLB teams.
- The Cubs have an OBP of .329 this season, which ranks ninth in MLB.
- Chicago ranks 22nd in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 9.2 Ks per contest.
- They have averaged 1.1 home runs per game in their 37 home contests this season.
- Chicago has a team slugging percentage of .400 in home games this season with 95 extra-base hits.
- In home games this season, they’re batting .252 with 8.4 base hits per contest.
Cubs Key Batters
- Nico Hoerner has racked up a slugging percentage of .401, a team-high for the Cubs. He’s batting .282 with an on-base percentage of .329.
- Including all qualifying hitters in MLB, he is 32nd in batting average, 78th in on-base percentage and 107th in slugging percentage.
- Hoerner hopes to build on a five-game hitting streak in this matchup. During his last five outings he is batting .261 with two doubles, two triples, a home run and six RBI.
- Ian Happ paces his team with 71 hits and a .391 on-base percentage. He has a batting average of .267 while slugging .429.
- His batting average is 59th among all qualified players, his on-base percentage ranks 10th, and he is 80th in slugging.
- Dansby Swanson has 13 doubles, two triples, eight home runs and 38 walks while batting .267.
- Cody Bellinger is hitting .254 with 10 doubles, a triple, seven home runs and 16 walks.
Phillies vs. Cubs Probable Pitchers
|Ranger Suárez (PHI)||Pitcher||Jameson Taillon (CHC)|
|1 – 2||W/L||2 – 5|
Phillies vs. Cubs Injury Updates
- Phillies: Seranthony Domínguez: 15 Day IL (Oblique), Noah Song: 60 Day IL (Back), Rhys Hoskins: 60 Day IL (Acl)
- Cubs: Patrick Wisdom: 10 Day IL (Wrist), Brandon Hughes: 15 Day IL (Knee), Brad Boxberger: 15 Day IL (Forearm), Nick Burdi: 60 Day IL (Appendicitis), Adrian Sampson: 60 Day IL (Knee), Ethan Roberts: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Codi Heuer: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Marcus Stroman: day-to-day (Finger)