Table of Contents
The Tampa Bay Rays (54-28) will look to Jose Siri, who is currently on a two-game home run streak, when they face the Arizona Diamondbacks (48-32) and Ketel Marte, who has hit home runs in three straight games. The Rays are favored (-155) for this contest against the Diamondbacks (+133), which begins at 9:40 PM ET on Wednesday at Chase Field. Zach Eflin takes the mound first for Tampa Bay, and Zach Davies is Arizona’s choice to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Rays vs. Diamondbacks
- Game Day: Wednesday, June 28, 2023
- Game Time: 9:40 PM ET
- Location: Phoenix, Arizona
- Stadium: Chase Field
How Do I Watch the Rays vs. the Diamondbacks?
- TV Channel: BSAZ
Rays Stats & Trends
- The Rays average 1.5 home runs per game to rank third in MLB action with 124 total home runs.
- Tampa Bay is fourth in MLB with a .264 batting average.
- The Rays rank third in MLB with an on-base percentage of .337.
- Tampa Bay strikes out 8.5 times per game to rank 17th in MLB.
- The Rays have hit 56 homers on the road this season (1.5 per game).
- Tampa Bay is slugging .443 with 3.3 extra-base hits per game on the road.
- The club averages 9.2 hits per game and is batting .261 away from home this season.
Rays Key Batters
- Wander Franco has an OPS of .800, fueled by an OBP of .345 and a team-best slugging percentage of .455 this season. He has a .283 batting average.
- Among qualifying batters in the majors, he is 27th in batting average, 49th in on-base percentage, and 61st in slugging.
- Randy Arozarena leads Tampa Bay in OBP (.403) this season, fueled by 80 hits. He’s batting .289 while slugging .480.
- Among qualifiers, he is 19th in batting average, fifth in on-base percentage and 37th in slugging percentage.
- Yandy Diaz has 81 hits and is batting .315 this season.
- Diaz has recorded a hit in two straight games. In his last five games he is hitting .500 with two walks and an RBI.
- Isaac Paredes has been key for Tampa Bay with 63 hits, an OBP of .367 plus a slugging percentage of .492.
Diamondbacks Stats & Trends
- The Diamondbacks’ 95 home runs rank 11th in Major League Baseball.
- Arizona has a team batting average of .265 this season, which ranks third among MLB teams.
- The Diamondbacks are among the best in the league at getting on base, ranking sixth with an OBP of .331.
- Arizona ranks third in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 7.6 Ks per contest.
- In 42 games at home this season, they’ve hit 47 homers, an average of 1.1 per contest.
- Arizona has a team slugging percentage of .447 in home games this season with 140 extra-base hits.
- In 42 home games this season, they have a batting average of .270 while averaging 9.0 base hits per contest.
Diamondbacks Key Batters
- Corbin Carroll has racked up 83 hits, a team-best for the Diamondbacks. He’s batting .296 and slugging .571 with an on-base percentage of .373.
- He ranks 12th in batting average, 19th in on-base percentage and fourth in slugging percentage among all qualifying hitters in the majors.
- Marte has a .374 on-base percentage while slugging .526. Both pace his team. He has a batting average of .295.
- Including all qualifying players, he is 13th in batting average, 16th in on-base percentage and 11th in slugging percentage.
- Christian Walker has 23 doubles, 16 home runs and 28 walks while hitting .281.
- Lourdes Gurriel Jr. is batting .271 with 17 doubles, two triples, 11 home runs and 17 walks.
Rays vs. Diamondbacks Probable Pitchers
|Zach Eflin (TB)||Pitcher||Zach Davies (ARI)|
|9 – 3||W/L||1 – 4|
Rays vs. Diamondbacks Injury Updates
- Rays: Brandon Lowe: 10 Day IL (Leg), Drew Rasmussen: 60 Day IL (Flexor), Jeffrey Springs: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Garrett Cleavinger: 60 Day IL (Knee), Josh Fleming: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Shane Baz: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Andrew Kittredge: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Shane McClanahan: day-to-day (Back)
- Diamondbacks: Merrill Kelly: 15 Day IL (Calf), Cole Sulser: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Mark Melancon: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Corbin Martin: 60 Day IL (Lat)