Table of Contents
The Cleveland Guardians (38-40) and the Kansas City Royals (22-57) meet on Wednesday at 8:10 PM ET. The Guardians are moneyline favorites (-125) against the underdog Royals (+105). Cleveland has Logan Allen set to start, while Kansas City will send out Austin Cox.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Guardians vs. Royals
- Game Day: Wednesday, June 28, 2023
- Game Time: 8:10 PM ET
- Location: Kansas City, Missouri
- Stadium: Kauffman Stadium
How Do I Watch the Guardians vs. the Royals?
- TV Channel: BSKC
Guardians Stats & Trends
- The Guardians have hit 50 home runs this season, the lowest total in baseball.
- Cleveland ranks 17th in MLB with a .245 batting average.
- The Guardians are 22nd in MLB with a .310 on-base percentage.
- Cleveland’s batters strike out 7.2 times per game, the second-lowest average in the majors.
- The Guardians average 0.7 homers per road game this season (27 total on the road).
- Cleveland has a .360 slugging percentage and is averaging 2.4 extra-base hits per game on the road.
- The club averages 8.5 hits per game and is batting .245 away from home this season.
Guardians Key Batters
- Jose Ramirez leads Cleveland with 85 hits and an OBP of .356, plus a team-best slugging percentage of .509. He’s batting .290.
- He is 18th in batting average, 31st in on-base percentage, and 18th in slugging among all qualifying batters in the majors.
- Steven Kwan is batting .256 with 18 doubles, two triples, two home runs and 36 walks. He’s slugging .346 with an on-base percentage of .334.
- Among qualified hitters, he ranks 80th in batting average, 69th in on-base percentage and 143rd in slugging percentage.
- Josh Naylor is batting .291 with a .465 slugging percentage and 57 RBI this year.
- Naylor enters this game with four games in a row with at least one hit. During his last five outings he is batting .238 with two doubles, a home run and two RBI.
- Andres Gimenez has five home runs, 28 RBI and a batting average of .243 this season.
- Gimenez enters this game on a four-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .294 with a triple, a walk and three RBI.
Royals Stats & Trends
- The Royals rank 25th in Major League Baseball with 73 home runs.
- Kansas City ranks 24th in MLB with a .232 team batting average.
- The Royals are among the worst in the league at getting on base, ranking 28th with an OBP of .296.
- Kansas City ranks 22nd in strikeouts per game (9.0) among MLB offenses.
- They’ve hit 40 homers, an average of 1.0 per game, in 39 home contests this season.
- Kansas City is slugging .392 in 39 home games this season.
- They are averaging 7.9 base hits per game and batting .237 as a team at home this season.
Royals Key Batters
- Bobby Witt Jr. has accumulated a team-high .421 slugging percentage. He’s batting .244 with an on-base percentage of .287.
- Including all qualified hitters in the big leagues, his batting average puts him 102nd, his on-base percentage is 145th, and he is 85th in slugging.
- Salvador Perez leads his team with 73 hits. He has a batting average of .263 while slugging .475 with an on-base percentage of .297.
- He ranks 67th in batting average, 132nd in on-base percentage and 43rd in slugging percentage in the majors.
- Edward Olivares has 12 doubles, four triples, six home runs and 12 walks while hitting .260.
- MJ Melendez has 12 doubles, two triples, six home runs and 31 walks while batting .211.
Guardians vs. Royals Probable Pitchers
|Logan Allen (CLE)||Pitcher||Austin Cox (KC)|
|3 – 2||W/L||0 – 0|
Guardians vs. Royals Injury Updates
- Guardians: Cal Quantrill: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Triston McKenzie: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Peyton Battenfield: 60 Day IL (Shoulder)
- Royals: Michael Massey: 10 Day IL (Hand), Brad Keller: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Josh Taylor: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Amir Garrett: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Josh Staumont: 15 Day IL (Neck), Ryan Yarbrough: 60 Day IL (Head), Vinnie Pasquantino: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Kris Bubic: 60 Day IL (Flexor), Jake Brentz: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Angel Zerpa: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Diego Hernandez: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Matt Beaty: 7 Day IL (Concussion protocol)