Table of Contents
Booksmakers give the Philadelphia Phillies (42-37) the edge (-117 on the moneyline) to add on to their three-game winning streak when they face the Chicago Cubs (37-41), at -102, on Thursday at 8:05 PM ET. Taijuan Walker gets the starting nod for Philadelphia, and Kyle Hendricks is Chicago’s choice to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Phillies vs. Cubs
- Game Day: Thursday, June 29, 2023
- Game Time: 8:05 PM ET
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Stadium: Wrigley Field
How Do I Watch the Phillies vs. the Cubs?
- TV Channel: MLB Network
Phillies Stats & Trends
- The Phillies are 20th in MLB action with 85 total home runs.
- Philadelphia has the 10th-best batting average in the majors (.257).
- The Phillies’ .323 on-base percentage ranks 13th in MLB.
- Philadelphia’s 9.1 strikeouts per game rank 22nd in the majors.
- The Phillies have hit 51 home runs away from home this season (1.2 per game).
- Philadelphia has a .430 slugging percentage and is averaging 3.5 extra-base hits per game away from home.
- The team averages 9.2 hits per game and is batting .260 away from home this season.
Phillies Key Batters
- Nicholas Castellanos has 95 hits to go with a slugging percentage of .498, both of which rank first among Philadelphia hitters this season. He has a .314 batting average and an on-base percentage of .359.
- Among the qualified hitters in the majors, his batting average ranks sixth, his on-base percentage ranks 29th, and he is 22nd in slugging.
- Castellanos will look for his third straight game with a hit in this contest. In his last five games he is hitting .350 with a double, two home runs, two walks and six RBI.
- Kyle Schwarber is batting .185 with nine doubles, a triple, 20 home runs and 56 walks. He’s slugging .434 with an on-base percentage of .327.
- He ranks 153rd in batting average, 84th in on-base percentage and 74th in slugging in MLB.
- Schwarber takes a two-game streak with at least one hit into this contest. During his last five outings he is batting .158 with two doubles, three walks and an RBI.
- Bryson Stott is batting .294 with a .418 slugging percentage and 30 RBI this year.
- Trea Turner has eight home runs, 29 RBI and a batting average of .246 this season.
- Turner has hit safely in five straight games. In his last five games he is hitting .300 with a home run, two walks and seven RBI.
Cubs Stats & Trends
- The Cubs have hit 87 homers this season, which ranks 18th in the league.
- Chicago’s .247 batting average ranks 16th in the majors this season.
- The Cubs are among the best in the league at getting on base, ranking ninth with an OBP of .328.
- Chicago ranks 21st in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 9.2 Ks per contest.
- In 39 games at home this season, they’ve hit 43 homers, an average of 1.1 per contest.
- Chicago is slugging .398 in 39 home games this season.
- In home games this season, they’re batting .251 with 8.3 base hits per contest.
Cubs Key Batters
- Nico Hoerner has a team-high .397 slugging percentage. He’s batting .281 with an on-base percentage of .329.
- Including all qualified hitters, he ranks 33rd in batting average, while his on-base percentage ranks 80th and he is 108th in slugging.
- Hoerner takes a seven-game hitting streak into this game. During his last 10 games he is hitting .273 with four doubles, two triples, a home run, a walk and 11 RBI.
- Dansby Swanson is hitting .268 with 13 doubles, two triples, nine home runs and 39 walks. He’s slugging .417 with an on-base percentage of .357.
- Including all qualified hitters, he is 55th in batting average, 30th in on-base percentage and 89th in slugging percentage.
- Ian Happ has racked up a team-best OBP (.384), and paces the Cubs in hits (71).
- Cody Bellinger is hitting .260 with 11 doubles, a triple, seven home runs and 16 walks.
Phillies vs. Cubs Probable Pitchers
|Taijuan Walker (PHI)||Pitcher||Kyle Hendricks (CHC)|
|8 – 3||W/L||3 – 2|
Phillies vs. Cubs Injury Updates
- Phillies: Seranthony Domínguez: 15 Day IL (Oblique), Noah Song: 60 Day IL (Back), Rhys Hoskins: 60 Day IL (Acl)
- Cubs: Patrick Wisdom: 10 Day IL (Wrist), Brad Boxberger: 15 Day IL (Forearm), Brandon Hughes: 60 Day IL (Knee), Nick Burdi: 60 Day IL (Appendicitis), Adrian Sampson: 60 Day IL (Knee), Ethan Roberts: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Codi Heuer: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Marcus Stroman: day-to-day (Finger), Seiya Suzuki: day-to-day (Neck stiffness)