Table of Contents
The Chicago White Sox (36-47) visit the Oakland Athletics (21-62) on Friday in game 1 of a three-game series, with the first pitch at 9:40 PM ET from Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum. The favored White Sox (-176) enter the matchup following a series split with the Angels, and the underdog Athletics (+150) are coming off of a series loss to the Yankees. Tanner Banks starts for Chicago, and Luis Medina is Oakland’s pick to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for White Sox vs. Athletics
- Game Day: Friday, June 30, 2023
- Game Time: 9:40 PM ET
- Location: Oakland, California
- Stadium: Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum
How Do I Watch the White Sox vs. the Athletics?
- TV Channel: NBCS-CA
White Sox Stats & Trends
White Sox Batting
- The White Sox rank 11th in MLB play with 96 home runs. They average 1.2 per game.
- Chicago is 22nd in the majors with a .237 batting average.
- The White Sox’s .294 on-base percentage is the worst in MLB.
- Chicago strikes out 8.7 times per game to rank 18th in baseball.
- The White Sox average 1.2 home runs per road game this season (50 total on the road).
- Chicago has a .380 slugging percentage and is averaging three extra-base hits per game on the road.
- The team is batting .224 with 334 hits (7.8 per game) on the road this season.
White Sox Key Batters
- Luis Robert leads Chicago in slugging percentage (.564) and total hits (82) this season. He’s batting .271 with an on-base percentage of .328.
- Among all qualified batters in the majors, he is 51st in batting average, 79th in on-base percentage, and fourth in slugging.
- Robert has picked up at least one hit in two straight games. During his last five outings he is hitting .381 with four home runs, a walk and six RBI.
- Andrew Vaughn has 21 doubles, two triples, 12 home runs and 28 walks. He’s batting .247 and slugging .450 with an on-base percentage of .327.
- Among qualifying hitters, his batting average places him 98th, his on-base percentage 82nd, and his slugging percentage 65th.
- Vaughn heads into this game looking to extend his four-game hit streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .316 with two doubles, a triple, two walks and five RBI.
- Andrew Benintendi leads Chicago with an OBP of .349 this season while batting .284 with 26 walks and 36 runs scored.
- Benintendi brings a two-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is batting .400 with a double, two walks and an RBI.
- Jake Burger has been key for Chicago with 46 hits, an OBP of .264 plus a slugging percentage of .514.
Athletics Stats & Trends
- The Athletics rank 24th in Major League Baseball with 75 home runs.
- Oakland ranks last in MLB with a team batting average of just .217.
- The Athletics have an on-base percentage of .298 this season, which ranks 28th in the league.
- Oakland is a team with a lot of swing and miss this season, ranking 26th with an average of 9.2 strikeouts per game.
- They’ve hit 31 homers, an average of 0.8 per game, in 41 home contests this season.
- Oakland has a team slugging percentage of .316 in home games this season with 83 extra-base hits.
- They are averaging 6.6 base hits per game and batting .204 as a team at home this season.
Athletics Key Batters
- Esteury Ruiz has accumulated a team-best .334 slugging percentage. He’s batting .261 with an on-base percentage of .316.
- Including all qualified hitters in the majors, he ranks 69th in batting average, 104th in on-base percentage and 146th in slugging percentage.
- Brent Rooker has collected 56 hits to lead his team. He has a batting average of .239 while slugging .457 with an on-base percentage of .338.
- He is 109th in batting average, 62nd in on-base percentage and 62nd in slugging percentage in MLB.
- Ryan Noda has put up an on-base percentage of .379, a team-high for the Athletics.
- Jace Peterson is hitting .212 with six doubles, a triple, five home runs and 29 walks.
White Sox vs. Athletics Probable Pitchers
|Tanner Banks (CHW)||Pitcher||Luis Medina (OAK)|
|0 – 2||W/L||1 – 7|
White Sox vs. Athletics Injury Updates
- White Sox: Romy Gonzalez: 10 Day IL (Shoulder), Yoán Moncada: 10 Day IL (Back), Mike Clevinger: 15 Day IL (Biceps), Liam Hendriks: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Garrett Crochet: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Matt Foster: 60 Day IL (Forearm)
- Athletics: Ramón Laureano: 10 Day IL (Hand), Kevin Smith: 10 Day IL (Back), James Kaprielian: 15 Day IL (Undisclosed), Yacksel Ríos: 15 Day IL (Undisclosed), Richard Lovelady: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Zach Jackson: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Dany Jimenez: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Mason Miller: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Drew Rucinski: 60 Day IL (Illness), Freddy Tarnok: 60 Day IL (Undisclosed), Kirby Snead: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Manny Piña: 60 Day IL (Wrist)