Table of Contents
The St. Louis Cardinals (33-47) and the New York Yankees (45-36) meet in a matchup sportsbooks have listed as a pick ’em, with both teams equal on the moneyline, on Saturday at Busch Stadium, starting at 2:15 PM ET. Jack Flaherty starts for St. Louis, and Luis Severino is New York’s choice to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Cardinals vs. Yankees
- Game Day: Saturday, July 1, 2023
- Game Time: 2:15 PM ET
- Location: St. Louis, Missouri
- Stadium: Busch Stadium
How Do I Watch the Cardinals vs. the Yankees?
- TV Channel: Fox Sports 1
Cardinals Stats & Trends
- The Cardinals average 1.4 home runs per game to rank seventh in MLB action with 109 total home runs.
- St. Louis ranks 14th in MLB with a .250 batting average.
- The Cardinals rank 12th in MLB with an on-base percentage of .324.
- St. Louis strikes out 8.3 times per game to rank eighth in baseball.
- The Cardinals have hit 52 homers at home this season (1.3 per game).
- St. Louis is slugging .431 with 3.1 extra-base hits per game in home contests.
- The team is batting .263 with 350 hits (9.0 per game) at home this season.
Cardinals Key Batters
- Paul Goldschmidt leads St. Louis in OBP (.374), slugging percentage (.489) and total hits (87) this season. He has a .285 batting average.
- He ranks 24th in batting average, 14th in on-base percentage, and 29th in slugging among all qualified batters in MLB.
- Nolan Arenado is batting .274 with 11 doubles, two triples, 16 home runs and 22 walks, while slugging .485 with an on-base percentage of .322.
- Among qualified hitters, his batting average ranks him 43rd, his on-base percentage 93rd, and his slugging percentage 32nd.
- Arenado has picked up at least one hit in three straight games. In his last five games he is batting .313 with a double, a home run, a walk and four RBI.
- Tommy Edman has 59 hits this season and has a slash line of .232/.301/.394.
- Brendan Donovan is batting .272 with a .365 OBP and 24 RBI for St. Louis this season.
- Donovan enters this matchup on a two-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .235 with a home run, three walks and three RBI.
Yankees Stats & Trends
- The Yankees have hit 116 homers this season, which ranks fifth in the league.
- New York ranks 24th in MLB with a .231 team batting average.
- The Yankees are among the worst in the league at getting on base, ranking 27th with an OBP of .299.
- New York is one of the best teams in baseball at making contact this season, ranking 10th with an average of 8.2 strikeouts per game.
- They have averaged 1.3 home runs per game in their 37 road contests this season.
- New York is slugging .409 in 37 road games this season.
- They are averaging 8.1 base hits per game and batting .236 on the road this season.
Yankees Key Batters
- Gleyber Torres is batting .248 with 11 doubles, a triple, 12 home runs and 33 walks. He’s slugging .415 with an on-base percentage of .323.
- Including all qualified hitters, he is 92nd in batting average, while his on-base percentage is 90th and he is 85th in slugging.
- Anthony Rizzo has collected 75 hits with a .357 on-base percentage while slugging .430. Those stats are all team-highs. He also has a batting average of .269.
- He is 58th in batting average, 31st in on-base percentage and 76th in slugging percentage in the majors.
- Anthony Volpe is batting .212 with 10 doubles, two triples, 10 home runs and 29 walks.
- DJ LeMahieu has 12 doubles, two triples, seven home runs and 20 walks while batting .227.
Cardinals vs. Yankees Probable Pitchers
|Jack Flaherty (STL)||Pitcher||Luis Severino (NYY)|
|4 – 5||W/L||1 – 2|
Cardinals vs. Yankees Injury Updates
- Cardinals: Ryan Helsley: 15 Day IL (Forearm), Jake Woodford: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Packy Naughton: 60 Day IL (Forearm), Tyler O’Neill: 60 Day IL (Back), Wilking Rodriguez: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Brendan Donovan: day-to-day (Arm)
- Yankees: Aaron Judge: 10 Day IL (Toe), Greg Allen: 10 Day IL (Hip), Willie Calhoun: 10 Day IL (Quadricep), Nestor Cortes Jr.: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Ryan Weber: 60 Day IL (Forearm), Jonathan Loaisiga: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Lou Trivino: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Luis Gil: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Carlos Rodón: 60 Day IL (Forearm), Frankie Montás: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Scott Effross: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Anthony Rizzo: day-to-day (Elbow)