Table of Contents
The Chicago Cubs (38-44) visit the Milwaukee Brewers (45-39) on Monday at 2:10 PM ET. The Cubs are favored on the moneyline (-111) against the underdog Brewers (-109). Chicago has Drew Smyly starting, and Milwaukee counters with Julio Teheran.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Cubs vs. Brewers
- Game Day: Monday, July 3, 2023
- Game Time: 2:10 PM ET
- Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Stadium: American Family Field
How Do I Watch the Cubs vs. the Brewers?
- TV Channel: MLB Network
Cubs Stats & Trends
- The Cubs average 1.1 home runs per game to rank 19th in baseball with 90 total home runs.
- Chicago ranks 17th in the majors with a .247 batting average.
- The Cubs are 10th in baseball with a .326 on-base percentage.
- Chicago strikes out 9.1 times per game, the No. 22 average in the majors.
- The Cubs have hit 44 home runs away from home this season (1.1 per game).
- Chicago is slugging .402 with 3.0 extra-base hits per game away from home.
- The team averages 8.3 hits per game and is batting .244 on the road this season.
Cubs Key Batters
- Nico Hoerner has an OPS of .734, fueled by an OBP of .335 and a team-best slugging percentage of .399 this season. He has a .286 batting average.
- Among qualifying hitters, he is 20th in batting average, his on-base percentage ranks 67th, and he is 108th in slugging.
- Dansby Swanson is hitting .256 with 14 doubles, two triples, nine home runs and 39 walks, while slugging .401 with an on-base percentage of .343.
- Among qualifying hitters, he ranks 78th in batting average, 48th in on-base percentage and 105th in slugging percentage.
- Ian Happ has 72 hits and an OBP of .380, both of which lead the Cubs this season.
- Cody Bellinger is batting .276 with a .333 OBP and 23 RBI for Chicago this season.
Brewers Stats & Trends
- The Brewers’ 90 home runs rank 19th in Major League Baseball.
- Milwaukee ranks 29th in MLB with a team batting average of just .228.
- The Brewers have the 24th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.307).
- Milwaukee is a team with a lot of swing and miss this season, ranking 27th with an average of 9.4 strikeouts per game.
- They’ve hit 50 homers, an average of 1.3 per game, in 40 home contests this season.
- In 40 home games this season, it is slugging .389 with 108 hits going for extra bases.
- In 40 home games this season, they have a batting average of .222 while averaging 7.1 base hits per contest.
Brewers Key Batters
- Christian Yelich has a team-best OBP (.370) and slugging percentage (.438), while pacing the Brewers in hits (81, while batting .273).
- Including all the qualifying hitters in the big leagues, his batting average is 50th, his on-base percentage is 21st, and he is 73rd in slugging.
- William Contreras is batting .247 with 12 doubles, a triple, nine home runs and 28 walks. He’s slugging .421 with an on-base percentage of .337.
- Including all qualifying players, his batting average places him 97th, his on-base percentage is 64th, and he is 83rd in slugging.
- Willy Adames is batting .203 with 11 doubles, 12 home runs and 32 walks.
- Rowdy Tellez is hitting .214 with seven doubles, a triple, 12 home runs and 27 walks.
Cubs vs. Brewers Probable Pitchers
|Drew Smyly (CHC)||Pitcher||Julio Teheran (MIL)|
|7 – 5||W/L||2 – 3|
Cubs vs. Brewers Injury Updates
- Cubs: Patrick Wisdom: 10 Day IL (Wrist), Brad Boxberger: 15 Day IL (Forearm), Nick Burdi: 60 Day IL (Appendicitis), Brandon Hughes: 60 Day IL (Knee), Adrian Sampson: 60 Day IL (Knee), Ethan Roberts: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Codi Heuer: 60 Day IL (Elbow)
- Brewers: Tyrone Taylor: 10 Day IL (Elbow), Eric Lauer: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Jake Cousins: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Bennett Sousa: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Brandon Woodruff: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Garrett Mitchell: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Darin Ruf: 60 Day IL (Knee), Jason Alexander: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Justin Wilson: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Aaron Ashby: 60 Day IL (Labrum)