Table of Contents
Jonathan India leads the Cincinnati Reds (47-39) into a matchup with the Washington Nationals (34-51) after he homered twice in an 8-4 win over the Nationals. The Reds are favorites (-126) against the Nationals (+107) in this outing, which starts at 7:05 PM ET on Wednesday. Cincinnati’s Graham Ashcraft and Washington’s Josiah Gray will start this matchup.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Reds vs. Nationals
- Game Day: Wednesday, July 5, 2023
- Game Time: 7:05 PM ET
- Location: Washington D.C.
- Stadium: Nationals Park
How Do I Watch the Reds vs. the Nationals?
- TV Channel: MASN2
Reds Stats & Trends
- The Reds rank 18th in baseball with 92 home runs. They average 1.1 per game.
- Cincinnati has the 10th-best batting average in the majors (.257).
- The Reds’ .337 on-base percentage is third-best in MLB.
- Cincinnati strikes out 8.8 times per game, the No. 20 average in the majors.
- The Reds average 0.9 home runs per road game this season (37 total on the road).
- Cincinnati has a .403 slugging percentage and is averaging 3.0 extra-base hits per game away from home.
- The club averages 9.1 hits per game and is batting .261 on the road this season.
Reds Key Batters
- Spencer Steer leads Cincinnati with 89 hits and an OBP of .381, plus a team-best slugging percentage of .505. He’s batting .292.
- Among qualifying hitters in the majors, his batting average ranks 16th, his on-base percentage ranks 12th, and he is 16th in slugging.
- Steer hopes to build on a three-game hitting streak in this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .500 with two home runs, four walks and five RBI.
- India is hitting .255 with 17 doubles, 13 home runs and 33 walks. He’s slugging .426 with an on-base percentage of .344.
- He is 81st in batting average, 48th in on-base percentage and 79th in slugging among qualifying hitters.
- Jake Fraley has collected 59 base hits, an OBP of .359 and a slugging percentage of .474 this season.
- TJ Friedl is batting .304 with a .372 OBP and 31 RBI for Cincinnati this season.
- Friedl brings a three-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .182 with a double and a walk.
Nationals Stats & Trends
- The Nationals’ 69 home runs rank 29th in MLB this season.
- Washington ranks sixth in MLB with a .260 team batting average.
- The Nationals have the 18th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.317).
- Washington is the best at avoiding strikeouts in MLB this season with only 599 as a team.
- They have averaged 0.7 home runs per game in their 42 home contests this season.
- Washington has a team slugging percentage of .390 in home games this season with 114 extra-base hits.
- They are averaging 8.8 base hits per game and batting .264 as a team at home this season.
Nationals Key Batters
- Lane Thomas has racked up an on-base percentage of .347, a slugging percentage of .509, and has 100 hits, all club-highs for the Nationals (while batting .301).
- He is ninth in batting average, 41st in on-base percentage and 14th in slugging percentage among all qualified hitters in the big leagues.
- Jeimer Candelario is batting .261 with 26 doubles, two triples, 12 home runs and 30 walks. He’s slugging .477 with an on-base percentage of .339.
- He ranks 70th in batting average, 58th in on-base percentage and 40th in slugging percentage in the majors.
- Luis Garcia is batting .267 with 12 doubles, three triples, five home runs and 17 walks.
- Keibert Ruiz is hitting .233 with 10 doubles, nine home runs and 16 walks.
Reds vs. Nationals Probable Pitchers
|Graham Ashcraft (CIN)||Pitcher||Josiah Gray (WSH)|
|3 – 6||W/L||6 – 6|
Reds vs. Nationals Injury Updates
- Reds: Ben Lively: 15 Day IL (Pectoral), Hunter Greene: 15 Day IL (Hip), Casey Legumina: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Nick Lodolo: 60 Day IL (Calf), Reiver Sanmartin: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Connor Overton: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Tony Santillan: 60 Day IL (Back), Vladimir Gutierrez: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Tejay Antone: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Justin Dunn: 60 Day IL (Shoulder)
- Nationals: Victor Robles: 10 Day IL (Back), Israel Pineda: 10 Day IL (Finger), Carl Edwards Jr.: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Thad Ward: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Stephen Strasburg: 60 Day IL (Ribs/shoulder), Tanner Rainey: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Cade Cavalli: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Victor Arano: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), MacKenzie Gore: day-to-day (Finger)