Table of Contents
The New York Mets (39-46) will attempt to keep a three-game win streak going when they visit the Arizona Diamondbacks (50-36) on Wednesday at 9:40 PM ET. The Mets are favored (-119) over the Diamondbacks (-101). New York’s Kodai Senga starts against Arizona’s Tommy Henry.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Mets vs. Diamondbacks
- Game Day: Wednesday, July 5, 2023
- Game Time: 9:40 PM ET
- Location: Phoenix, Arizona
- Stadium: Chase Field
How Do I Watch the Mets vs. the Diamondbacks?
- TV Channel: MLB Network
Mets Stats & Trends
- The Mets rank ninth in baseball with 108 home runs. They average 1.3 per game.
- New York ranks 21st in the majors with a .239 batting average.
- The Mets’ .317 on-base percentage is 18th in MLB.
- New York’s batters strike out 7.8 times per game, the third-lowest average in MLB.
- The Mets average 1.2 homers per road game this season (55 total on the road).
- New York has a .403 slugging percentage and is averaging 2.8 extra-base hits per game away from home.
- Away from home this season the team averages 8.4 hits per game and is batting .247.
Mets Key Batters
- Pete Alonso has 62 hits, which leads New York hitters this season, while batting .217 with 33 extra-base hits. He has an on-base percentage of .311 and a slugging percentage of .510.
- Among all qualifying batters in the majors, he ranks 140th in batting average, 111th in on-base percentage, and 13th in slugging.
- Francisco Lindor is hitting .224 with 20 doubles, 17 home runs and 35 walks, while slugging .448 with an on-base percentage of .310.
- Among qualifying hitters, he is 131st in batting average, 113th in on-base percentage and 62nd in slugging percentage.
- Brandon Nimmo is slashing .280/.375/.466 this season and leads the Mets with an OPS of .841.
- Jeff McNeil has been key for New York with 78 hits, an OBP of .334 plus a slugging percentage of .332.
- McNeil takes a two-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is batting .316 with three doubles, a walk and three RBI.
Diamondbacks Stats & Trends
- The Diamondbacks have hit 101 homers this season, which ranks 13th in the league.
- Arizona’s .261 batting average is among the best in baseball, ranking fifth in MLB.
- The Diamondbacks have an on-base percentage of .329 this season, which ranks sixth in the league.
- Arizona is one of the best teams in baseball at making contact this season, ranking fourth with an average of 7.7 strikeouts per game.
- In 45 games at home this season, they’ve hit 51 homers, an average of 1.1 per contest.
- Arizona has a team slugging percentage of .445 in home games this season with 150 extra-base hits.
- They are averaging 8.9 base hits per game and batting .267 as a team at home this season.
Diamondbacks Key Batters
- Corbin Carroll has racked up an on-base percentage of .372 and has 86 hits, both team-high numbers for the Diamondbacks. He’s batting .296 and slugging .570.
- Including all qualified hitters in MLB, he ranks 13th in batting average, 20th in on-base percentage and fourth in slugging percentage.
- Ketel Marte’s .502 slugging percentage leads his team. He has a batting average of .285 with an on-base percentage of .365.
- Including all qualifying hitters, he ranks 24th in batting average, 25th in on-base percentage and 19th in slugging percentage.
- Christian Walker is hitting .269 with 25 doubles, 17 home runs and 31 walks.
- Lourdes Gurriel Jr. is hitting .268 with 19 doubles, two triples, 14 home runs and 19 walks.
Mets vs. Diamondbacks Probable Pitchers
|Kodai Senga (NYM)||Pitcher||Tommy Henry (ARI)|
|6 – 5||W/L||5 – 1|
Mets vs. Diamondbacks Injury Updates
- Mets: Tim Locastro: 60 Day IL (Back), Edwin Uceta: 60 Day IL (Ankle), Sam Coonrod: 60 Day IL (Lat), Bryce Montes de Oca: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Edwin Díaz: 60 Day IL (Knee), José Quintana: 60 Day IL (Rib)
- Diamondbacks: Merrill Kelly: 15 Day IL (Calf), Cole Sulser: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Mark Melancon: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Corbin Martin: 60 Day IL (Lat)