Table of Contents
Giancarlo Stanton leads the New York Yankees (49-41) into a matchup against the Chicago Cubs (41-47) following his two-home run showing in a 6-3 win over the Cubs. The Yankees are favorites (-144) in this game against the underdog Cubs (+123), which starts at 1:35 PM ET on Sunday. Domingo German gets the starting nod for New York, and Kyle Hendricks is Chicago’s choice to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Yankees vs. Cubs
- Game Day: Sunday, July 9, 2023
- Game Time: 1:35 PM ET
- Location: The Bronx, New York
- Stadium: Yankee Stadium
How Do I Watch the Yankees vs. the Cubs?
- TV Channel: MLB Network
Yankees Stats & Trends
- The Yankees are fifth-best in MLB action with 127 total home runs.
- New York is 28th in the majors with a .230 batting average.
- The Yankees rank 26th in baseball with a .300 on-base percentage.
- New York’s batters strike out 8.1 times per game, the ninth-fewest strikeouts in baseball.
- The Yankees average 1.5 homers per home game this season (77 total at home).
- New York is averaging 2.8 extra-base hits per game while slugging .414 at home.
- The team is batting .225 with 355 hits (7.1 per game) at home this season.
Yankees Key Batters
- Gleyber Torres leads New York with 82 hits and a team-best slugging percentage of .413. He’s batting .249 with an on-base percentage of .324.
- Among all qualified batters in the majors, his batting average ranks 95th, his on-base percentage ranks 89th, and he is 86th in slugging.
- Torres hopes to build on a three-game hitting streak in this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .316 with a double, a home run, two walks and two RBI.
- Anthony Rizzo leads New York in OBP (.350) this season, fueled by 79 hits. He’s batting .258 while slugging .405.
- Among all qualified hitters, he is 72nd in batting average, 36th in on-base percentage and 95th in slugging percentage.
- Anthony Volpe is batting .215 with a .387 slugging percentage and 31 RBI this year.
- Isiah Kiner-Falefa has five home runs, 23 RBI and a batting average of .255 this season.
Cubs Stats & Trends
- The Cubs’ 95 home runs rank 21st in Major League Baseball.
- Chicago ranks 18th in MLB with a .247 team batting average.
- The Cubs have an OBP of .325 this season, which ranks 11th in MLB.
- Chicago ranks 23rd in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 9.1 Ks per contest.
- They’ve hit 49 homers, an average of 1.1 per game, in 45 road contests this season.
- Chicago is slugging .399 in 45 road games this season.
- In away games this season, they’re batting .244 with 8.4 base hits per contest.
Cubs Key Batters
- Nico Hoerner has racked up a slugging percentage of .383, a team-best for the Cubs. He’s batting .277 with an on-base percentage of .325.
- Including all the qualified hitters in the big leagues, his batting average places him 34th, his on-base percentage is 88th, and he is 120th in slugging.
- Ian Happ leads his team with a .376 OBP. He has a batting average of .249 while slugging .390.
- Including all qualified hitters, he ranks 95th in batting average, 14th in on-base percentage and 117th in slugging percentage.
- Cody Bellinger has 13 doubles, a triple, nine home runs and 19 walks while batting .298.
- Christopher Morel is hitting .267 with eight doubles, a triple, 15 home runs and 14 walks.
Yankees vs. Cubs Probable Pitchers
|Domingo Germán (NYY)||Pitcher||Kyle Hendricks (CHC)|
|5 – 5||W/L||3 – 3|
Yankees vs. Cubs Injury Updates
- Yankees: Willie Calhoun: 10 Day IL (Quadricep), Jake Bauers: 10 Day IL (Shoulder), Aaron Judge: 10 Day IL (Toe), Greg Allen: 10 Day IL (Hip), Nestor Cortes Jr.: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Ryan Weber: 60 Day IL (Forearm), Jonathan Loaisiga: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Lou Trivino: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Luis Gil: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Frankie Montás: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Scott Effross: 60 Day IL (Elbow)
- Cubs: Dansby Swanson: 10 Day IL (Heel), Nick Madrigal: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Brandon Hughes: 60 Day IL (Knee), Brad Boxberger: 60 Day IL (Forearm), Nick Burdi: 60 Day IL (Appendicitis), Adrian Sampson: 60 Day IL (Knee), Ethan Roberts: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Codi Heuer: 60 Day IL (Elbow)