Table of Contents
The Detroit Tigers (41-50) square off against the Seattle Mariners (45-46) a game after Kerry Carpenter homered twice in a 6-0 win over the Mariners. The Mariners are favored (-184) in this matchup with the Tigers (+156), which starts at 4:10 PM ET on Sunday. Seattle has Bryce Miller starting, and Detroit counters with Reese Olson.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Mariners vs. Tigers
- Game Day: Sunday, July 16, 2023
- Game Time: 4:10 PM ET
- Location: Seattle, Washington
- Stadium: T-Mobile Park
How Do I Watch the Mariners vs. the Tigers?
- TV Channel: ROOT Sports NW
Mariners Stats & Trends
- The Mariners average 1.1 home runs per game to rank 17th in MLB action with 103 total home runs.
- Seattle’s .231 batting average ranks 26th in the majors.
- The Mariners are 23rd in MLB with an on-base percentage of .311.
- Seattle’s 9.8 strikeouts per game are the second-most in baseball.
- The Mariners have hit 48 home runs at home this season (1.0 per game).
- Seattle is slugging .386 with 3.0 extra-base hits per game in home contests.
- The club is batting .229 with 344 hits (7.5 per game) at home this season.
Mariners Key Batters
- Julio Rodriguez leads Seattle in slugging percentage (.409) thanks to 32 extra-base hits. He has a .250 batting average and an on-base percentage of .313.
- Among the qualified hitters in baseball, his batting average ranks 96th, his on-base percentage ranks 108th, and he is 96th in slugging.
- J.P. Crawford leads Seattle in OBP (.361) this season, fueled by 76 hits. He’s batting .251 while slugging .389.
- Among qualifying hitters, he ranks 93rd in batting average, 26th in on-base percentage and 115th in slugging percentage.
- Ty France is batting .256 with a .381 slugging percentage and 36 RBI this year.
- Jarred Kelenic leads Seattle in total hits (77) this season while batting .248 with 36 extra-base hits.
- Kelenic brings a three-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is hitting .357 with three doubles, two walks and four RBI.
Tigers Stats & Trends
- The Tigers have hit 87 homers this season, which ranks 24th in the league.
- Detroit has a team batting average of just .230 this season, which ranks 29th among MLB teams.
- The Tigers have an OBP of just .299 this season, which ranks 28th in MLB.
- Detroit ranks 17th with an average of 9.0 strikeouts per game.
- They have averaged 1.0 home runs per game in their 46 road contests this season.
- Detroit is slugging .363 in 46 road games this season.
- In away games this season, they’re batting .219 with 7.5 base hits per contest.
Tigers Key Batters
- Spencer Torkelson has accumulated 78 hits with a .399 slugging percentage, both team-best numbers for the Tigers. He’s batting .229 and with an on-base percentage of .307.
- He is 127th in batting average, 116th in on-base percentage and 104th in slugging percentage among all qualifying hitters in the big leagues.
- Torkelson enters this game on a seven-game hitting streak. During his last 10 outings he is batting .268 with three doubles, a triple, a home run, four walks and six RBI.
- Zach McKinstry’s .323 on-base percentage leads his team. He has a batting average of .246 while slugging .367.
- Including all qualifying hitters, he ranks 103rd in batting average, 93rd in on-base percentage and 134th in slugging percentage.
- Javier Baez is batting .222 with 11 doubles, three triples, six home runs and 13 walks.
- Matt Vierling is hitting .275 with eight doubles, two triples, seven home runs and 21 walks.
Mariners vs. Tigers Probable Pitchers
|Bryce Miller (SEA)||Pitcher||Reese Olson (DET)|
|5 – 3||W/L||1 – 2|
Mariners vs. Tigers Injury Updates
- Mariners: Bryce Miller: 15 Day IL (Finger), Marco Gonzales: 15 Day IL (Forearm), Penn Murfee: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Easton McGee: 60 Day IL (Forearm), Robbie Ray: 60 Day IL (Flexor), Evan White: 60 Day IL (Adductor)
- Tigers: Will Vest: 15 Day IL (Leg), Matthew Boyd: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Tyler Alexander: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Spencer Turnbull: 60 Day IL (Neck), Austin Meadows: 60 Day IL (Anxiety), Casey Mize: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Freddy Pacheco: 60 Day IL (Elbow)