Table of Contents
The Cleveland Guardians (45-47) take a three-game losing streak into a home contest against the Texas Rangers (54-39) on Sunday at 2:35 PM ET. The Rangers are favored (-131) to hand the underdog Guardians (+110) another loss. Martin Perez takes the mound first for Texas, and Tanner Bibee is Cleveland’s choice to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Rangers vs. Guardians
- Game Day: Sunday, July 16, 2023
- Game Time: 2:35 PM ET
- Location: Arlington, Texas
- Stadium: Globe Life Field
How Do I Watch the Rangers vs. the Guardians?
- TV Channel: BSSW
Rangers Stats & Trends
- The Rangers are sixth in MLB action with 128 home runs. They average 1.4 per game.
- Texas has an MLB-best .275 batting average.
- The Texas Rangers lead the league with a .343 on-base percentage.
- Texas’ 8.5 strikeouts per game rank 14th in MLB.
- The Rangers have hit 80 homers at home this season (1.7 per game).
- Texas is slugging .504 with 4.0 extra-base hits per game in home contests.
- The club is batting .289 with 470 hits (10.0 per game) at home this season.
Rangers Key Batters
- Marcus Semien leads Texas with a slugging percentage of .435, fueled by 40 extra-base hits. He has a .271 batting average and an on-base percentage of .338.
- Among qualified batters in the majors, he ranks 48th in batting average, 59th in on-base percentage, and 71st in slugging.
- Adolis Garcia leads Texas with 94 hits. He is batting .264 this season and has 44 extra-base hits. He’s also slugging .522 with an on-base percentage of .333.
- Among qualified hitters, his batting average places him 61st, his on-base percentage 67th, and his slugging percentage 10th.
- Corey Seager is batting .355 with a .629 slugging percentage and 54 RBI this year.
- Seager enters this game with three games in a row with at least one hit. During his last five outings he is hitting .300 with three doubles, two home runs, two walks and three RBI.
- Nate Lowe leads Texas in OBP (.367) this season, fueled by 100 hits.
Guardians Stats & Trends
- The Guardians’ 62 home runs rank last in MLB this season.
- Cleveland has a team batting average of .249 this season, which ranks 15th among MLB teams.
- The Guardians have an on-base percentage of .313 this season, which ranks 22nd in the league.
- Cleveland is one of the best teams in baseball at making contact this season, ranking second with an average of 7.1 strikeouts per game.
- In 46 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 34 homers, an average of 0.7 per contest.
- Cleveland is slugging .366 in 46 road games this season.
- In away games this season, they’re batting .248 with 8.7 base hits per contest.
Guardians Key Batters
- Jose Ramirez has a team-best OBP (.358) and slugging percentage (.496), and paces the Guardians in hits (98, while batting .284).
- Including all the qualified players in the majors, he ranks 23rd in batting average, 30th in on-base percentage and 19th in slugging percentage.
- Ramirez hopes to build on a seven-game hitting streak in this matchup. During his last 10 games he is hitting .205 with two doubles, a home run, five walks and an RBI.
- Josh Naylor is hitting .309 with 20 doubles, 12 home runs and 21 walks. He’s slugging .495 with an on-base percentage of .351.
- Including all qualified players, he ranks seventh in batting average, 34th in on-base percentage and 22nd in slugging percentage.
- Steven Kwan has 21 doubles, two triples, two home runs and 40 walks while batting .262.
- Andres Gimenez is batting .243 with 14 doubles, four triples, seven home runs and 19 walks.
Rangers vs. Guardians Probable Pitchers
|Martín Pérez (TEX)||Pitcher||Tanner Bibee (CLE)|
|7 – 3||W/L||5 – 2|
Rangers vs. Guardians Injury Updates
- Rangers: Josh Sborz: 15 Day IL (Biceps), Jacob deGrom: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Brett Martin: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Jake Odorizzi: 60 Day IL (Shoulder)
- Guardians: Shane Bieber: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Cal Quantrill: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Triston McKenzie: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Peyton Battenfield: 60 Day IL (Shoulder)