Table of Contents
Steven Kwan leads the Cleveland Guardians (45-48) into a matchup with the Pittsburgh Pirates (41-52) after his four-hit performance in a 6-5 loss to the Rangers. The Guardians are favored (-130) for this game against the underdog Pirates (+110), which begins at 7:05 PM ET on Monday. Xzavion Curry starts for Cleveland, and Quinn Priester is Pittsburgh’s choice to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Guardians vs. Pirates
- Game Day: Monday, July 17, 2023
- Game Time: 7:05 PM ET
- Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Stadium: PNC Park
How Do I Watch the Guardians vs. the Pirates?
- TV Channel: SportsNet PT
Guardians Stats & Trends
- The Guardians have hit 64 home runs this season, the lowest total in MLB action.
- Cleveland’s .249 batting average ranks 15th in MLB.
- The Guardians rank 21st in baseball with an on-base percentage of .313.
- Cleveland strikes out 7.1 times per game, the second-best average in MLB.
- The Guardians average 0.8 homers per game when playing on the road this season (36 total in road outings).
- Cleveland is averaging 2.5 extra-base hits per game while slugging .368 on the road.
- The team averages 8.7 hits per game and is batting .248 on the road this season.
Guardians Key Batters
- Jose Ramirez leads Cleveland in OBP (.356) this season, fueled by 98 hits. He has a .281 batting average and a slugging percentage of .490.
- Among all qualifying hitters in MLB, he ranks 29th in batting average, 31st in on-base percentage, and 27th in slugging.
- Kwan leads Cleveland in slugging percentage (.364) thanks to 27 extra-base hits. He’s batting .270 with an on-base percentage of .341.
- Among qualified hitters, his batting average ranks him 50th, his on-base percentage 53rd, and his slugging percentage 136th.
- Kwan enters this game looking to extend his three-game hit streak. In his last five games he is hitting .381 with a double, a home run, two walks and four RBI.
- Josh Naylor leads Cleveland with 95 hits. He is batting .311 this season and 33 of his hits have gone for extra bases.
- Naylor heads into this matchup with seven games in a row with at least one hit. During his last 10 outings he is hitting .421 with three doubles, two home runs, three walks and eight RBI.
- Andres Gimenez has been key for Cleveland with 75 hits, an OBP of .312 plus a slugging percentage of .377.
Pirates Stats & Trends
- The Pirates’ 83 home runs rank 27th in MLB this season.
- Pittsburgh has a team batting average of .238 this season, which ranks 20th among MLB teams.
- The Pirates have an OBP of .315 this season, which ranks 20th in MLB.
- Pittsburgh ranks 13th in strikeouts per game (8.6) among MLB offenses.
- They have averaged 0.8 home runs per game in their 46 home contests this season.
- Pittsburgh has a team slugging percentage of .379 in home games this season with 121 extra-base hits.
- They are averaging 7.9 base hits per game and batting .245 as a team at home this season.
Pirates Key Batters
- Bryan Reynolds has a slugging percentage of .442, a team-best for the Pirates. He’s batting .264 with an on-base percentage of .333.
- Including all qualifying players, he is 59th in batting average, while his on-base percentage ranks 69th and he is 69th in slugging.
- Carlos Santana is batting .230 with 22 doubles, nine home runs and 40 walks. He’s slugging .387 with an on-base percentage of .315.
- He is currently 127th in batting average, 106th in on-base percentage and 117th in slugging percentage among all qualified hitters.
- Andrew McCutchen has racked up a team-best .380 on-base percentage.
- Jack Suwinski has 57 hits to lead his team.
Guardians vs. Pirates Probable Pitchers
|Xzavion Curry (CLE)||Pitcher||Quinn Priester (PIT)|
|0 – 1||W/L||0 – 0|
Guardians vs. Pirates Injury Updates
- Guardians: Shane Bieber: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Cal Quantrill: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Peyton Battenfield: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Triston McKenzie: 60 Day IL (Elbow)
- Pirates: Ji-Hwan Bae: 10 Day IL (Ankle), Jose Hernandez: 15 Day IL (Calf), Vince Velásquez: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Oneil Cruz: 60 Day IL (Ankle), Wil Crowe: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Jarlin García: 60 Day IL (Arm), Max Kranick: 60 Day IL (Elbow), JT Brubaker: 60 Day IL (Elbow)