Table of Contents
Wilmer Flores leads the San Francisco Giants (54-41) into a matchup with the Cincinnati Reds (50-46) after he homered twice in an 11-10 win over the Reds. The Giants are moneyline favorites (-118) against the Reds (-102) in this outing, which begins at 7:10 PM ET on Wednesday. Ross Stripling starts for San Francisco, and Graham Ashcraft is Cincinnati’s pick to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Giants vs. Reds
- Game Day: Wednesday, July 19, 2023
- Game Time: 7:10 PM ET
- Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
- Stadium: Great American Ball Park
How Do I Watch the Giants vs. the Reds?
- TV Channel: BSOH
Giants Stats & Trends
- The Giants rank 13th in MLB play with 111 home runs. They average 1.2 per game.
- San Francisco has the 18th-ranked batting average in MLB (.246).
- The Giants’ .323 on-base percentage is 13th in MLB.
- San Francisco’s batters strike out 9.5 times per game, the 27th-most in the majors.
- The Giants have hit 63 homers away from home this season (1.3 per game).
- San Francisco is averaging 3.3 extra-base hits per game while slugging .419 away from home.
- The team is batting .249 with 417 hits (8.9 per game) on the road this season.
Giants Key Batters
- LaMonte Wade Jr leads San Francisco with an OBP of .405 this season while batting .274 with 56 walks and 41 runs scored. He has a slugging percentage of .432.
- Among all qualified hitters in baseball, he ranks 42nd in batting average, fourth in on-base percentage, and 74th in slugging.
- Michael Conforto is batting .243 with nine doubles, 13 home runs and 36 walks. He’s slugging .414 with an on-base percentage of .334.
- Among all qualifying hitters, he ranks 110th in batting average, 68th in on-base percentage and 95th in slugging percentage.
- J.D. Davis has an OPS of .779, fueled by an OBP of .348 and a team-best slugging percentage of .431 this season.
- Flores is batting .292 with a .348 OBP and 30 RBI for San Francisco this season.
- Flores takes a three-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .471 with three doubles, three home runs, a walk and six RBI.
Reds Stats & Trends
- The Reds’ 105 home runs rank 18th in Major League Baseball.
- Cincinnati has a team batting average of .253 this season, which ranks 12th among MLB teams.
- The Reds are among the best in the league at getting on base, ranking third with an OBP of .333.
- Cincinnati ranks 25th in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 9.1 Ks per contest.
- They’ve hit 62 homers, an average of 1.3 per game, in 49 home contests this season.
- Cincinnati is slugging .419 in 49 home games this season.
- In home games this season, they’re batting .246 with 8.1 base hits per contest.
Reds Key Batters
- Jonathan India is hitting .250 with 18 doubles, 14 home runs and 36 walks. He’s slugging .413 with an on-base percentage of .335.
- Including all the qualifying hitters in the big leagues, he is 95th in batting average, 66th in on-base percentage and 96th in slugging percentage.
- India hopes to build on a three-game hitting streak in this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .250 with a double, a home run and an RBI.
- Spencer Steer leads his team with 93 hits and a .363 on-base percentage, with a team-high .466 slugging percentage. He has a batting average of .274.
- He is 42nd in batting average, 25th in on-base percentage and 45th in slugging percentage in MLB.
- Jake Fraley has 11 doubles, 13 home runs and 32 walks while hitting .269.
- TJ Friedl has 13 doubles, three triples, six home runs and 26 walks while hitting .286.
Giants vs. Reds Probable Pitchers
|Ross Stripling (SF)||Pitcher||Graham Ashcraft (CIN)|
|0 – 2||W/L||4 – 7|
Giants vs. Reds Injury Updates
- Giants: Thairo Estrada: 10 Day IL (Hand), John Brebbia: 15 Day IL (Lat), Luke Jackson: 15 Day IL (Back), Mitch Haniger: 60 Day IL (Forearm), Roberto Pérez: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Cole Waites: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Luis González: 60 Day IL (Back), Thomas Szapucki: 60 Day IL (Arm), LaMonte Wade Jr: day-to-day (Hamstring), Brandon Crawford: day-to-day (Knee)
- Reds: Kevin Newman: 10 Day IL (Gastritis), Hunter Greene: 15 Day IL (Hip), Casey Legumina: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Nick Lodolo: 60 Day IL (Calf), Reiver Sanmartin: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Connor Overton: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Vladimir Gutierrez: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Tejay Antone: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Justin Dunn: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Ben Lively: day-to-day (Cramps), Luke Weaver: day-to-day (Elbow)