Table of Contents
The Texas Rangers (58-39) host the Los Angeles Dodgers (55-40) on Friday at Globe Life Field, beginning at 8:05 PM ET. The Rangers are favored on the moneyline (-110), while the Dodgers are -109 underdogs. The Dodgers are favored against the spread (1.5) with +150 odds, despite being the moneyline underdog. Texas’ Andrew Heaney and Los Angeles’ Tony Gonsolin will take the mound first.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Rangers vs. Dodgers
- Game Day: Friday, July 21, 2023
- Game Time: 8:05 PM ET
- Location: Arlington, Texas
- Stadium: Globe Life Field
How Do I Watch the Rangers vs. the Dodgers?
- TV Channel: BSSW
Rangers Stats & Trends
- The Rangers rank fifth-best in MLB play with 134 total home runs.
- Texas leads MLB with a .274 batting average.
- The Texas Rangers lead the league with a .342 on-base percentage.
- Texas’ 8.5 strikeouts per game rank 15th in MLB.
- The Rangers have hit 86 homers at home this season (1.7 per game).
- Texas is averaging 3.9 extra-base hits per game while slugging .499 in home contests.
- At home this season the club averages 9.8 hits per game and is batting .286.
Rangers Key Batters
- Marcus Semien leads Texas with a slugging percentage of .448, fueled by 42 extra-base hits. He has a .275 batting average and an on-base percentage of .344.
- Among qualified batters in the majors, his batting average ranks 38th, his on-base percentage ranks 43rd, and he is 59th in slugging.
- Adolis Garcia has 96 hits, which ranks first among Texas batters this season. He’s batting .259 with 45 extra-base hits. He’s also slugging .511 with an on-base percentage of .330.
- He is 71st in batting average, 77th in on-base percentage and 15th in slugging among qualifying hitters.
- Corey Seager is batting .346 with a .615 slugging percentage and 57 RBI this year.
- Seager heads into this game with two games in a row with at least one hit. During his last five outings he is hitting .222 with a double, a home run, two walks and three RBI.
- Jonah Heim has 14 home runs, 66 RBI and a batting average of .289 this season.
- Heim has hit safely in two straight games. During his last five outings he is batting .368 with two doubles, two home runs, a walk and seven RBI.
Dodgers Stats & Trends
- The Dodgers’ 155 home runs rank second in Major League Baseball.
- Los Angeles ranks 18th in MLB with a .244 team batting average.
- The Dodgers have an on-base percentage of .332 this season, which ranks third in the league.
- Los Angeles ranks 16th with an average of 8.8 strikeouts per game.
- They have averaged 1.5 home runs per game in their 50 road contests this season.
- In 50 road games this season, it is slugging .434 with 178 hits going for extra bases.
- In away games this season, they’re batting .238 with 8.2 base hits per contest.
Dodgers Key Batters
- Mookie Betts paces the Dodgers with 100 hits. He’s batting .279 and slugging .574 with an on-base percentage of .380.
- Including all the qualifying hitters in the big leagues, his batting average places him 32nd, his on-base percentage ranks ninth, and he is fourth in slugging.
- Freddie Freeman’s .404 OBP and .558 slugging percentage are both team-highs. He has a batting average of .323.
- He is currently third in batting average, fifth in on-base percentage and sixth in slugging percentage among all qualified hitters.
- Will Smith is hitting .289 with 12 doubles, a triple, 13 home runs and 46 walks.
- J.D. Martinez is batting .256 with 20 doubles, two triples, 23 home runs and 22 walks.
Rangers vs. Dodgers Probable Pitchers
|Andrew Heaney (TEX)||Pitcher||Tony Gonsolin (LAD)|
|6 – 6||W/L||5 – 3|
Rangers vs. Dodgers Injury Updates
- Rangers: Josh Sborz: 15 Day IL (Biceps), Jacob deGrom: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Brett Martin: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Jake Odorizzi: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Jon Gray: day-to-day (Shin), Adolis García: day-to-day (Knee/back)
- Dodgers: Jake Marisnick: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Clayton Kershaw: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Noah Syndergaard: 15 Day IL (Finger), Dustin May: 60 Day IL (Forearm), Shelby Miller: 60 Day IL (Neck), Trayce Thompson: 60 Day IL (Oblique), Daniel Hudson: 60 Day IL (Knee), Tyler Cyr: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Jimmy Nelson: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Walker Buehler: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Álex Reyes: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), J.P. Feyereisen: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Blake Treinen: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Ryan Pepiot: 60 Day IL (Oblique), Gavin Lux: 60 Day IL (Knee), Bobby Miller: day-to-day (Knee)