Table of Contents
The Seattle Mariners (48-48) and the Toronto Blue Jays (54-43) meet on Friday at 10:10 PM ET. The Mariners are moneyline favorites (-128) against the underdog Blue Jays (+108). Seattle’s Bryce Miller starts against Toronto’s Yusei Kikuchi.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Mariners vs. Blue Jays
- Game Day: Friday, July 21, 2023
- Game Time: 10:10 PM ET
- Location: Seattle, Washington
- Stadium: T-Mobile Park
How Do I Watch the Mariners vs. the Blue Jays?
- TV Channel: ROOT Sports NW
Mariners Stats & Trends
- The Mariners average 1.1 home runs per game to rank 15th in baseball with 110 total home runs.
- Seattle has the fourth-worst batting average in the majors (.230).
- The Mariners are 25th in baseball with an on-base percentage of .310.
- Seattle’s 9.8 strikeouts per game are the second-most in baseball.
- The Mariners average 1.1 homers per game when playing at home this season (55 total in home contests).
- Seattle is averaging three extra-base hits per game while slugging .388 in home contests.
- The club is batting .228 with 379 hits (7.4 per game) at home this season.
Mariners Key Batters
- Julio Rodriguez leads Seattle in slugging percentage (.399) thanks to 32 extra-base hits. He has a .246 batting average and an on-base percentage of .310.
- Among all qualified batters in the majors, his batting average ranks 101st, his on-base percentage ranks 110th, and he is 106th in slugging.
- J.P. Crawford has 84 hits this season and a team-best OBP of .368. He’s batting .261 and slugging .398.
- Among all qualifying batters, he ranks 66th in batting average, 21st in on-base percentage and 110th in slugging percentage.
- Crawford has picked up at least one hit in three straight games. During his last five outings he is hitting .421 with two doubles and two walks.
- Ty France is batting .247 with a .369 slugging percentage and 37 RBI this year.
- Eugenio Suarez has 14 home runs, 58 RBI and a batting average of .230 this season.
- Suarez brings a four-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .375 with a double, three home runs, two walks and six RBI.
Blue Jays Stats & Trends
Blue Jays Batting
- The Blue Jays rank 17th in Major League Baseball with 107 home runs.
- Toronto has a team batting average of .260 this season, which ranks sixth among MLB teams.
- The Blue Jays have an OBP of .329 this season, which ranks eighth in MLB.
- Toronto ranks sixth in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 7.9 Ks per contest.
- In 50 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 60 homers, an average of 1.2 per contest.
- Toronto is slugging .418 in 50 road games this season.
- They are averaging 9.1 base hits per game and batting .258 on the road this season.
Blue Jays Key Batters
- Vladimir Guerrero Jr. has 20 doubles, 15 home runs and 34 walks while batting .272. He’s slugging .451 with an on-base percentage of .342.
- Including all qualified hitters, he is 45th in batting average, while his on-base percentage is 52nd and he is 58th in slugging.
- Bo Bichette leads his team with 129 hits and has a club-best .493 slugging percentage. He has a batting average of .316 with an on-base percentage of .348.
- He is currently sixth in batting average, 39th in on-base percentage and 22nd in slugging percentage among all qualifying hitters.
- George Springer has 14 doubles, a triple, 13 home runs and 31 walks while batting .267.
- Whit Merrifield has 17 doubles, six home runs and 25 walks while batting .291.
Mariners vs. Blue Jays Probable Pitchers
|Bryce Miller (SEA)||Pitcher||Yusei Kikuchi (TOR)|
|6 – 3||W/L||7 – 3|
Mariners vs. Blue Jays Injury Updates
- Mariners: Jarred Kelenic: 10 Day IL (Foot), Marco Gonzales: 15 Day IL (Forearm), Penn Murfee: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Easton McGee: 60 Day IL (Forearm), Robbie Ray: 60 Day IL (Flexor), Evan White: 60 Day IL (Adductor)
- Blue Jays: Adam Cimber: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Chad Green: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Hyun-Jin Ryu: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Kevin Gausman: day-to-day (Side)