Table of Contents
Bookmakers give the Chicago White Sox (41-60) the edge, -125 on the moneyline, to halt their three-game losing streak when they face the Chicago Cubs (48-51), at +105, on Tuesday at 8:10 PM ET. Michael Kopech takes the mound first for the White Sox, and Kyle Hendricks is the Cubs’ pick to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for White Sox vs. Cubs
- Game Day: Tuesday, July 25, 2023
- Game Time: 8:10 PM ET
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Stadium: Guaranteed Rate Field
How Do I Watch the White Sox vs. the Cubs?
- TV Channel: NBCS-CHI
White Sox Stats & Trends
White Sox Batting
- The White Sox are 18th in MLB play with 112 home runs. They average 1.1 per game.
- The White Sox’s .238 batting average ranks 20th in MLB.
- The White Sox are 29th in baseball with an on-base percentage of .295.
- The White Sox strike out 8.9 times per game to rank 19th in baseball.
- The White Sox have hit 50 home runs at home this season (1.1 per game).
- The White Sox are averaging 2.8 extra-base hits per game while slugging .395 in home contests.
- The club is batting .244 with 376 hits (8.2 per game) at home this season.
White Sox Key Batters
- Luis Robert leads Chicago in slugging percentage (.558) and total hits (102) this season. He’s batting .270 with an on-base percentage of .323.
- He ranks 46th in batting average, 89th in on-base percentage, and seventh in slugging among all qualifying hitters in MLB.
- Andrew Benintendi has a slash line of .287/.351/.377 this season and a team-best OPS of .729.
- He ranks 19th in batting average, 34th in on-base percentage and 123rd in slugging among qualifying hitters.
- Benintendi enters this game looking to extend his three-game hit streak. In his last five games he is batting .217 with a home run, a walk and an RBI.
- Andrew Vaughn has collected 86 base hits, an OBP of .316 and a slugging percentage of .422 this season.
- Vaughn enters this game with two games in a row with at least one hit. In his last five games he is hitting .190 with an RBI.
- Eloy Jimenez has 13 home runs, 42 RBI and a batting average of .275 this season.
- Jimenez brings a four-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .412 with a double, a home run, a walk and two RBI.
Cubs Stats & Trends
- The Cubs have hit 109 homers this season, which ranks 20th in the league.
- The Cubs rank 13th in MLB with a .252 team batting average.
- The Cubs have an OBP of .330 this season, which ranks eighth in MLB.
- The Cubs rank 22nd in strikeouts per game (9.1) among MLB offenses.
- In 46 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 50 homers, an average of 1.1 per contest.
- They are slugging .397 in 46 road games this season.
- In away games this season, they’re batting .243 with 8.3 base hits per contest.
Cubs Key Batters
- Nico Hoerner has a .387 slugging percentage, which leads the Cubs. He’s batting .275 with an on-base percentage of .329.
- Including all the qualified hitters in the majors, his batting average is 35th, his on-base percentage ranks 77th, and he is 115th in slugging.
- Cody Bellinger has 15 doubles, a triple, 14 home runs and 22 walks while batting .319. He’s slugging .549 with an on-base percentage of .369.
- Ian Happ has put up an on-base percentage of .372, a team-high for the Cubs.
- Dansby Swanson’s 88 hits lead his team.
White Sox vs. Cubs Probable Pitchers
|Michael Kopech (CHW)||Pitcher||Kyle Hendricks (CHC)|
|4 – 8||W/L||3 – 4|
White Sox vs. Cubs Injury Updates
- White Sox: Yoán Moncada: 10 Day IL (Back), Mike Clevinger: 15 Day IL (Biceps), Liam Hendriks: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Garrett Crochet: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Romy Gonzalez: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Matt Foster: 60 Day IL (Forearm), Andrew Vaughn: day-to-day (Foot)
- Cubs: Nick Madrigal: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Brandon Hughes: 60 Day IL (Knee), Brad Boxberger: 60 Day IL (Forearm), Nick Burdi: 60 Day IL (Appendicitis), Adrian Sampson: 60 Day IL (Knee), Ethan Roberts: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Codi Heuer: 60 Day IL (Elbow)