Table of Contents
The Chicago White Sox (43-68) take a five-game losing streak into a home matchup against the Cleveland Guardians (54-56) on Saturday at 7:10 PM ET. The Guardians are favored (-145) to give the underdog White Sox (+123) another loss. Cleveland has Noah Syndergaard starting, while Chicago will send out Michael Kopech.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Guardians vs. White Sox
- Game Day: Saturday, August 5, 2023
- Game Time: 7:10 PM ET
- Location: Cleveland, Ohio
- Stadium: Progressive Field
How Do I Watch the Guardians vs. the White Sox?
- TV Channel: BSGL
Guardians Stats & Trends
- The Guardians are last in MLB play with 83 home runs.
- Cleveland has the 16th-ranked batting average in the majors (.251).
- The Guardians rank 20th in MLB with a .314 on-base percentage.
- Cleveland strikes out the least in baseball, averaging 6.9 per game.
- The Guardians average 0.7 homers per game when playing at home this season (37 total in home outings).
- Cleveland is slugging .391 with 2.9 extra-base hits per game in home contests.
- The club averages 8.4 hits per game and is batting .253 at home this season.
Guardians Key Batters
- Jose Ramirez leads Cleveland with an OBP of .358 this season while batting .286 with 49 walks and 67 runs scored. He has a slugging percentage of .498.
- Among qualified hitters in the majors, he is 15th in batting average, 30th in on-base percentage, and 23rd in slugging.
- Steven Kwan has an OPS of .729, fueled by an OBP of .348 and a team-best slugging percentage of .381 this season. He’s batting .274.
- Among all qualified hitters, he ranks 39th in batting average, 40th in on-base percentage and 116th in slugging percentage.
- Andres Gimenez is batting .236 with a .385 slugging percentage and 42 RBI this year.
- Gimenez heads into this game with two games in a row with at least one hit. In his last five games he is hitting .235 with two doubles, a home run, two walks and three RBI.
- Will Brennan has been key for Cleveland with 78 hits, an OBP of .290 plus a slugging percentage of .364.
White Sox Stats & Trends
White Sox Batting
- The White Sox have hit 120 homers this season, which ranks 20th in the league.
- Chicago’s .236 batting average ranks 24th in the majors this season.
- The White Sox have an OBP of just .294 this season, which ranks last in MLB.
- Chicago ranks 20th in strikeouts per game (8.9) among MLB offenses.
- In 59 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 63 homers, an average of 1.1 per contest.
- In 59 road games this season, it is slugging .377 with 166 hits going for extra bases.
- In away games this season, they’re batting .231 with 8.0 base hits per contest.
White Sox Key Batters
- Luis Robert has accumulated a team-best slugging percentage (.549) while leading the White Sox in hits (110). He’s batting .267 and with an on-base percentage of .319.
- Including all qualifying players in MLB, he ranks 52nd in batting average, 94th in on-base percentage and seventh in slugging percentage.
- Andrew Benintendi has a .347 OBP to pace his team. He has a batting average of .279 while slugging .362.
- His batting average is 26th among all qualified players, his on-base percentage ranks 41st, and he is 131st in slugging.
- Andrew Vaughn has 24 doubles, two triples, 13 home runs and 29 walks while batting .249.
- Eloy Jimenez is batting .276 with 14 doubles, 13 home runs and 19 walks.
Guardians vs. White Sox Probable Pitchers
|Noah Syndergaard (CLE)||Pitcher||Michael Kopech (CHW)|
|1 – 4||W/L||4 – 10|
Guardians vs. White Sox Injury Updates
- Guardians: Josh Naylor: 10 Day IL (Side), Tyler Freeman: 10 Day IL (Shoulder), Cal Quantrill: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Shane Bieber: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Triston McKenzie: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Noah Syndergaard: day-to-day (Leg)
- White Sox: Liam Hendriks: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Garrett Crochet: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Romy Gonzalez: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Matt Foster: 60 Day IL (Forearm), Eloy Jiménez: day-to-day (Heel)