Table of Contents
The Minnesota Twins (57-54) will look for Ryan Jeffers to continue a 10-game hitting streak when they square off against the Arizona Diamondbacks (57-54) on Saturday at 7:10 PM ET at Target Field. The Twins are favored (-161) over the Diamondbacks (+137). Kenta Maeda starts for Minnesota while Arizona will counter with Ryne Nelson.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Twins vs. Diamondbacks
- Game Day: Saturday, August 5, 2023
- Game Time: 7:10 PM ET
- Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Stadium: Target Field
How Do I Watch the Twins vs. the Diamondbacks?
- TV Channel: BSN
Twins Stats & Trends
- The Twins average 1.3 home runs per game to rank eighth in baseball with 147 total home runs.
- Minnesota has the fifth-worst batting average in the majors (.235).
- The Twins are 23rd in MLB with an on-base percentage of .313.
- Minnesota’s 10.3 strikeouts per game are the most in MLB.
- The Twins average 1.4 homers per game when playing at home this season (77 total in home contests).
- Minnesota is averaging 3.4 extra-base hits per game while slugging .438 at home.
- The team is batting .245 with 444 hits (8.1 per game) at home this season.
Twins Key Batters
- Carlos Correa leads Minnesota OPS (.679) this season. He has a .220 batting average, an on-base percentage of .295, and a slugging percentage of .383.
- Among qualifying hitters, he is 131st in batting average, his on-base percentage ranks 127th, and he is 114th in slugging.
- Max Kepler is batting .230 with 11 doubles, 16 home runs and 23 walks. He’s slugging .445 with an on-base percentage of .294.
- Willi Castro has collected 62 base hits, an OBP of .332 and a slugging percentage of .369 this season.
- Castro has picked up a hit in two straight games. In his last five games he is hitting .308 with a double and a walk.
- Donovan Solano has four home runs, 25 RBI and a batting average of .272 this season.
- Solano takes a four-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is batting .455 with two RBI.
Diamondbacks Stats & Trends
- The Diamondbacks rank 18th in Major League Baseball with 124 home runs.
- Arizona has a team batting average of .255 this season, which ranks ninth among MLB teams.
- The Diamondbacks have an on-base percentage of .323 this season, which ranks 12th in the league.
- Arizona has shown good bat-to-ball skills at the plate this season with the fourth-best strikeout rate (7.8 per game) among MLB offenses.
- In 55 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 66 homers, an average of 1.2 per contest.
- Arizona is slugging .415 in 55 road games this season.
- They are averaging 8.6 base hits per game and batting .248 on the road this season.
Diamondbacks Key Batters
- Corbin Carroll has totaled 106 hits, a team-best for the Diamondbacks. He’s batting .278 and slugging .528 with an on-base percentage of .356.
- Including all the qualified players in the big leagues, he ranks 29th in batting average, 32nd in on-base percentage and 10th in slugging percentage.
- Ketel Marte’s .504 slugging percentage leads his team. He has a batting average of .287 with an on-base percentage of .363.
- Including all qualified hitters, his batting average puts him 13th, his on-base percentage is 26th, and he is 19th in slugging.
- Christian Walker has 32 doubles, 22 home runs and 45 walks while hitting .263.
- Lourdes Gurriel Jr. has 24 doubles, two triples, 17 home runs and 21 walks while batting .253.
Twins vs. Diamondbacks Probable Pitchers
|Kenta Maeda (MIN)||Pitcher||Ryne Nelson (ARI)|
|2 – 6||W/L||6 – 5|
Twins vs. Diamondbacks Injury Updates
- Twins: Alex Kirilloff: 10 Day IL (Shoulder), Jose Miranda: 10 Day IL (Shoulder), Byron Buxton: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Royce Lewis: 10 Day IL (Oblique), Joe Ryan: 15 Day IL (Groin), Brock Stewart: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Tyler Mahle: 60 Day IL (Arm), Nick Gordon: 60 Day IL (Shin), José De León: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Jorge Alcala: 60 Day IL (Forearm), Chris Paddack: 60 Day IL (Elbow)
- Diamondbacks: Gabriel Moreno: 10 Day IL (Shoulder), Evan Longoria: 10 Day IL (Back), Tommy Henry: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Zach Davies: 15 Day IL (Back), Drey Jameson: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Austin Adams: 60 Day IL (Ankle), Mark Melancon: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Corbin Martin: 60 Day IL (Lat)
Recent Scores and Betting Lines for the Twins and Diamondbacks (Last 10 Games)
How to make a sports pool?
Starting a sports pool is easy with RunYourPool! We have fully customizable settings, dedicated customer support, and we make it easy to invite friends so you can compete against them.
What is a sports pool?
Sports pools are games to play with family and friends. With RunYourPool, all you need to do is pick your sport, pick one of our game types, set up your pool, and compete!
How do I invite people to my pool?
Inviting friends to your pool is easy with RYP! We provide you with a custom link that you can send out to anyone you would like. We also have a connections feature to allow you to easily invite members to join your pool.
Who can play in a sports pool?
Anyone can play in a pool on RunYourPool! With our array of game types throughout multiple sports, there's an option for everyone.
How much does RunYourPool cost?
Our pricing tiers are determined by how many members you have in your pool. We have three tiers; Amateur, Pro, and Front Office. Our pricing page provides a breakdown of all three options!
Is RunYourPool legal?
RunYourPool is 100% legal. We do not allow any illegal entry fees or gambling on our website.