Table of Contents
The Pittsburgh Pirates (49-60) visit the Milwaukee Brewers (59-52) on Saturday at 7:10 PM ET. The Pirates are underdogs (+205) against the favored Brewers (-252). Milwaukee’s Corbin Burnes and Pittsburgh’s Bailey Falter pitch first for their squads in this matchup.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Brewers vs. Pirates
- Game Day: Saturday, August 5, 2023
- Game Time: 7:10 PM ET
- Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Stadium: American Family Field
How Do I Watch the Brewers vs. the Pirates?
- TV Channel: BSWI
Brewers Stats & Trends
- The Brewers average 1.0 home run per game to rank 22nd in MLB play with 116 total home runs.
- Milwaukee is 27th in the majors with a .234 batting average.
- The Brewers’ .313 on-base percentage ranks 23rd in MLB.
- Milwaukee strikes out 9.0 times per game, the No. 21 average in baseball.
- The Brewers average 1.2 homers per game when playing at home this season (65 total in home outings).
- Milwaukee is averaging 2.8 extra-base hits per game while slugging .401 in home contests.
- At home this season the team averages 7.6 hits per game and is batting .237.
Brewers Key Batters
- Christian Yelich has 120 hits and an OBP of .376 to go with a slugging percentage of .485. All three of those stats lead Milwaukee hitters this season. He has a .293 batting average, as well.
- He is 11th in batting average, 16th in on-base percentage, and 27th in slugging among all qualifying batters in the majors.
- Yelich will look for his fourth straight game with a hit in this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .409 with three doubles, two walks and three RBI.
- Carlos Santana is hitting .230 with 25 doubles, 14 home runs and 47 walks, while slugging .409 with an on-base percentage of .314.
- He ranks 124th in batting average, 104th in on-base percentage and 99th in slugging in the major leagues.
- Santana enters this matchup looking to extend his two-game hit streak. In his last five games he is batting .182 with a home run and two RBI.
- William Contreras has collected 95 base hits, an OBP of .346 and a slugging percentage of .448 this season.
- Contreras takes a two-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .273 with three doubles and four RBI.
- Willy Adames has 17 home runs, 48 RBI and a batting average of .203 this season.
Pirates Stats & Trends
- The Pirates have hit 105 homers this season, which ranks 25th in the league.
- Pittsburgh’s .237 batting average ranks 22nd in the majors this season.
- The Pirates have an on-base percentage of .312 this season, which ranks 25th in the league.
- Pittsburgh ranks 16th in strikeouts per game (8.8) among MLB offenses.
- In 55 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 65 homers, an average of 1.2 per contest.
- In 55 road games this season, it is slugging .399 with 173 hits going for extra bases.
- In away games this season, they’re batting .231 with 7.9 base hits per contest.
Pirates Key Batters
- Bryan Reynolds has put up a team-best .449 slugging percentage. He’s batting .268 with an on-base percentage of .328.
- Including all qualified hitters in the majors, he ranks 49th in batting average, 77th in on-base percentage and 59th in slugging percentage.
- Reynolds takes an eight-game hitting streak into this game. In his last 10 games he is batting .333 with a double, three home runs, a walk and five RBI.
- Andrew McCutchen has a .383 OBP to lead his team. He has a batting average of .264 while slugging .404.
- He is currently 58th in batting average, ninth in on-base percentage and 102nd in slugging percentage among all qualifying hitters.
- Jack Suwinski paces the Pirates with 64 hits.
- Ke’Bryan Hayes is hitting .249 with 16 doubles, five triples, five home runs and 16 walks.
Brewers vs. Pirates Probable Pitchers
|Corbin Burnes (MIL)||Pitcher||Bailey Falter (PIT)|
|9 – 6||W/L||0 – 0|
Brewers vs. Pirates Injury Updates
- Brewers: Jesse Winker: 10 Day IL (Back), Rowdy Tellez: 10 Day IL (Forearm), Eric Lauer: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Julio Teheran: 15 Day IL (Hip), Justin Wilson: 15 Day IL (Lat), Brandon Woodruff: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Bennett Sousa: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Darin Ruf: 60 Day IL (Knee), Garrett Mitchell: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Aaron Ashby: 60 Day IL (Labrum)
- Pirates: Ji-Hwan Bae: 10 Day IL (Ankle), Dauri Moreta: 15 Day IL (Back), Vince Velásquez: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Tucupita Marcano: 60 Day IL (Knee), Oneil Cruz: 60 Day IL (Ankle), Jarlin García: 60 Day IL (Arm), Max Kranick: 60 Day IL (Elbow), JT Brubaker: 60 Day IL (Elbow)