Table of Contents
Austin Riley takes a 10-game hitting streak into the Atlanta Braves’ (70-38) matchup with the Chicago Cubs (57-54). The Braves are moneyline favorites (-124) in this matchup against the Cubs (+104), which starts at 2:20 PM ET on Sunday at Wrigley Field. Charlie Morton gets the starting nod for Atlanta, and Justin Steele is Chicago’s pick to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Braves vs. Cubs
- Game Day: Sunday, August 6, 2023
- Game Time: 2:20 PM ET
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Stadium: Wrigley Field
How Do I Watch the Braves vs. the Cubs?
- TV Channel: MARQ
Braves Stats & Trends
- The Atlanta Braves have hit a league-leading 211 home runs, averaging 2.0 per game.
- Atlanta is second in the majors with a .271 batting average.
- The Braves’ .340 on-base percentage is second-best in MLB.
- Atlanta strikes out 8.1 times per game to rank fifth in the majors.
- The Braves average 1.9 homers per road game this season (98 total away from home).
- Atlanta has a .476 slugging percentage and is averaging 3.5 extra-base hits per game away from home.
- The club averages 9.0 hits per game and is batting .261 on the road this season.
Braves Key Batters
- Ronald Acuna Jr. leads Atlanta with an OBP of .423, plus a team-best slugging percentage of .587. He’s batting .341 on the season.
- Among qualifying hitters in the majors, his batting average ranks second, his on-base percentage ranks second, and he is fourth in slugging.
- Acuna hopes to build on a three-game hitting streak in this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .474 with a double, a triple, a home run, four walks and five RBI.
- Matt Olson leads Atlanta in total hits (107) this season while batting .262 with 60 extra-base hits. He’s slugging .599 with an on-base percentage of .367.
- Among qualifying batters, he is 66th in batting average, 22nd in on-base percentage and second in slugging percentage.
- Olson has picked up at least one hit in three straight games. During his last five outings he is hitting .333 with a double, three home runs, six walks and six RBI.
- Ozzie Albies is batting .257 with a .505 slugging percentage and 77 RBI this year.
- Albies has logged a hit or more in four games in a row. During his last five outings he is batting .250 with two doubles, a triple, a home run, two walks and three RBI.
- Riley has 26 home runs, 70 RBI and a batting average of .277 this season.
- Riley heads into this matchup on a 10-game hitting streak. In his last 10 outings he is batting .325 with two doubles, four home runs, four walks and seven RBI.
Cubs Stats & Trends
- The Cubs rank 12th in Major League Baseball with 135 home runs.
- Chicago has a team batting average of .257 this season, which ranks eighth among MLB teams.
- The Cubs have an on-base percentage of .334 this season, which ranks fourth in the league.
- Chicago ranks 22nd in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 9.0 Ks per contest.
- They’ve hit 75 homers, an average of 1.3 per game, in 59 home contests this season.
- Chicago is slugging .436 in 59 home games this season.
- They are averaging 8.9 base hits per game and batting .266 as a team at home this season.
Cubs Key Batters
- Nico Hoerner has put up a team-best .399 slugging percentage. He’s batting .276 with an on-base percentage of .331.
- Including all qualifying players in the majors, his batting average places him 34th, his on-base percentage ranks 72nd, and he is 102nd in slugging.
- Cody Bellinger has 17 doubles, a triple, 16 home runs and 26 walks while batting .322. He’s slugging .543 with an on-base percentage of .374.
- Jeimer Candelario has racked up 106 hits, a team-high for the Cubs.
- Ian Happ has a .377 on-base percentage to pace his team.
Braves vs. Cubs Probable Pitchers
|Charlie Morton (ATL)||Pitcher||Justin Steele (CHC)|
|10 – 9||W/L||12 – 3|
Braves vs. Cubs Injury Updates
- Braves: Sam Hilliard: 10 Day IL (Heel), Daysbel Hernández: 15 Day IL (Forearm), Nick Anderson: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Dylan Lee: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Ehire Adrianza: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Kyle Wright: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Jesse Chávez: 60 Day IL (Shin), Kolby Allard: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Huascar Ynoa: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Tyler Matzek: 60 Day IL (Elbow)
- Cubs: Marcus Stroman: 15 Day IL (Hip), Brandon Hughes: 60 Day IL (Knee), Nick Burdi: 60 Day IL (Appendicitis), Brad Boxberger: 60 Day IL (Forearm), Ethan Roberts: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Codi Heuer: 60 Day IL (Elbow)