Table of Contents
The Texas Rangers (65-46) are favored (-129) as they look to finish off a sweep of a three-game series against the Miami Marlins (58-54, +109). The series finale begins at 2:35 PM ET on Sunday. Texas has Andrew Heaney starting, while Miami will send out Sandy Alcantara.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Rangers vs. Marlins
- Game Day: Sunday, August 6, 2023
- Game Time: 2:35 PM ET
- Location: Arlington, Texas
- Stadium: Globe Life Field
How Do I Watch the Rangers vs. the Marlins?
- TV Channel: BSSW
Rangers Stats & Trends
- The Rangers are fifth in MLB action with 157 home runs. They average 1.4 per game.
- Texas has an MLB-best .273 batting average.
- The Rangers are the top team in MLB play this season with a .343 on-base percentage.
- Texas’ 8.6 strikeouts per game rank 15th in MLB.
- The Rangers average 1.7 homers per game when playing at home this season (102 total in home outings).
- Texas is slugging .503 with 4.0 extra-base hits per game at home.
- At home this season the team averages 9.6 hits per game and is batting .284.
Rangers Key Batters
- Marcus Semien has an OPS of .811, fueled by an OBP of .349 and a team-best slugging percentage of .462 this season. He has a .279 batting average.
- Among all qualified hitters in baseball, he ranks 27th in batting average, 39th in on-base percentage, and 49th in slugging.
- Semien has hit safely in six games in a row. During his last 10 games he is batting .351 with two doubles, three home runs, six walks and nine RBI.
- Adolis Garcia leads Texas in total hits (108) this season while batting .264 with 51 extra-base hits. He’s slugging .526 with an on-base percentage of .341.
- He ranks 59th in batting average, 54th in on-base percentage and ninth in slugging among qualifying batters.
- Nate Lowe leads Texas with an OBP of .379 this season while batting .284 with 64 walks and 70 runs scored.
- Corey Seager has 18 home runs, 64 RBI and a batting average of .348 this season.
- Seager has hit safely in two straight games. In his last five games he is hitting .368 with a double, four home runs, two walks and seven RBI.
Marlins Stats & Trends
- The Marlins have hit just 103 homers this season, which ranks 27th in the league.
- Miami has a team batting average of .264 this season, which ranks third among MLB teams.
- The Marlins have an on-base percentage of .320 this season, which ranks 15th in the league.
- Miami has shown good bat-to-ball skills at the plate this season with the seventh-best strikeout rate (8.0 per game) among MLB offenses.
- They’ve hit 58 homers, an average of 1.1 per game, in 54 road contests this season.
- Miami has a team slugging percentage of .393 in away games this season with 144 extra-base hits.
- In away games this season, they’re batting .250 with 8.7 base hits per contest.
Marlins Key Batters
- Luis Arraez has accumulated a team-best OBP (.422) and slugging percentage (.470). He’s batting .376.
- Including all the qualifying players in MLB, his batting average ranks first, his on-base percentage ranks third, and he is 43rd in slugging.
- Arraez brings a six-game hitting streak into this game. In his last 10 outings he is batting .386 with four doubles, two walks and three RBI.
- Jorge Soler has collected 96 hits to pace his team. He has a batting average of .242 while slugging .490 with an on-base percentage of .333.
- He is currently 113th in batting average, 68th in on-base percentage and 27th in slugging percentage among all qualifying batters.
- Bryan De La Cruz is batting .267 with 23 doubles, 15 home runs and 30 walks.
- Josh Bell is batting .238 with 20 doubles, 12 home runs and 47 walks.
Rangers vs. Marlins Probable Pitchers
|Andrew Heaney (TEX)||Pitcher||Sandy Alcantara (MIA)|
|8 – 6||W/L||4 – 9|
Rangers vs. Marlins Injury Updates
- Rangers: Jonah Heim: 10 Day IL (Wrist), Brad Miller: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Nathan Eovaldi: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Jacob deGrom: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Brett Martin: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Jake Odorizzi: 60 Day IL (Shoulder)
- Marlins: JT Chargois: 15 Day IL (Rib), Trevor Rogers: 60 Day IL (Forearm ), Matt Barnes: 60 Day IL (Hip), Jonathan Davis: 60 Day IL (Knee), Tommy Nance: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Max Meyer: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Anthony Bender: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Jazz Chisholm: day-to-day (Hamstring)