Table of Contents
The Boston Red Sox (62-56) visit the Washington Nationals (53-66) on Tuesday at Nationals Park, beginning at 7:05 PM ET. The Red Sox are favored on the moneyline (-198), while the Nationals are +164 underdogs, even though they are favored against the spread () with odds. Boston has James Paxton starting things off, and Washington counters with Josiah Gray.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Red Sox vs. Nationals
- Game Day: Tuesday, August 15, 2023
- Game Time: 7:05 PM ET
- Location: Washington D.C.
- Stadium: Nationals Park
How Do I Watch the Red Sox vs. the Nationals?
- TV Channel: MASN
Red Sox Stats & Trends
Red Sox Batting
- The Red Sox rank 18th in baseball with 132 total home runs.
- Boston has the third-best batting average in MLB (.262).
- The Red Sox’s .328 on-base percentage is seventh-best in MLB.
- Boston strikes out 8.1 times per game, the eighth-best average in baseball.
- The Red Sox average 1.1 home runs per road game this season (63 total away from home).
- Boston is averaging 3.2 extra-base hits per game while slugging .397 on the road.
- On the road this season the team averages 8.0 hits per game and is batting .235.
Red Sox Key Batters
- Justin Turner has 25 doubles, 19 home runs and 39 walks while batting .288. He has an on-base percentage of .354 and a slugging percentage of .488.
- Among qualified batters in MLB, his batting average ranks 16th, his on-base percentage ranks 32nd, and he is 28th in slugging.
- Turner hopes to build on a two-game hitting streak in this matchup. During his last five outings he is batting .316 with two home runs and two RBI.
- Rafael Devers leads Boston in total hits (111) this season while batting .263 with 52 extra-base hits. He’s slugging .509 with an on-base percentage of .333.
- Among qualifying hitters, he is 59th in batting average, 67th in on-base percentage and 19th in slugging percentage.
- Devers has picked up a hit in three straight games. During his last five outings he is batting .235 with a double and two walks.
- Masataka Yoshida has a team-best OPS of .824, fueled by a slash line of .300/.357/.468 this season.
- Yoshida heads into this game with two games in a row with at least one hit. In his last five games he is hitting .158 with a double, a walk and an RBI.
- Alex Verdugo is batting .269 with a .340 OBP and 44 RBI for Boston this season.
Nationals Stats & Trends
- The Nationals have hit just 108 homers this season, which ranks 29th in the league.
- Washington has a team batting average of .260 this season, which ranks fifth among MLB teams.
- The Nationals have the 15th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.320).
- Washington ranks second in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 7.1 Ks per contest.
- They have averaged 0.8 home runs per game in their 59 home contests this season.
- Washington has a team slugging percentage of .405 in home games this season with 162 extra-base hits.
- In 59 home games this season, they have a batting average of .268 while averaging 8.9 base hits per contest.
Nationals Key Batters
- Lane Thomas has accumulated a team-high slugging percentage (.482) while leading the Nationals in hits (133). He’s batting .284 and with an on-base percentage of .329.
- Including all qualified hitters in MLB, he ranks 21st in batting average, 74th in on-base percentage and 31st in slugging percentage.
- Thomas takes a four-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is batting .211 with a double and an RBI.
- Joey Meneses is hitting .281 with 26 doubles, a triple, 11 home runs and 31 walks. He’s slugging .416 with an on-base percentage of .326.
- He is currently 24th in batting average, 81st in on-base percentage and 91st in slugging percentage among all qualified hitters.
- C.J. Abrams has 22 doubles, four triples, 11 home runs and 19 walks while hitting .255.
- Keibert Ruiz is hitting .257 with 16 doubles, 14 home runs and 27 walks.
Red Sox vs. Nationals Probable Pitchers
|James Paxton (BOS)||Pitcher||Josiah Gray (WSH)|
|7 – 3||W/L||7 – 9|
Red Sox vs. Nationals Injury Updates
- Red Sox: Corey Kluber: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Tanner Houck: 15 Day IL (Face), Joely Rodriguez: 15 Day IL (Hip), Kaleb Ort: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Zack Kelly: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Wyatt Mills: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Adalberto Mondesi: 60 Day IL (Knee)
- Nationals: Hunter Harvey: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Mason Thompson: 15 Day IL (Knee), Carl Edwards Jr.: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Thad Ward: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Rico Garcia: 15 Day IL (Biceps), Victor Robles: 60 Day IL (Back), Stephen Strasburg: 60 Day IL (Ribs/shoulder), Tanner Rainey: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Cade Cavalli: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Victor Arano: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Joan Adon: day-to-day (Leg)