Table of Contents
Kerry Carpenter brings a 10-game hitting streak into the Detroit Tigers’ (53-65) matchup against the Minnesota Twins (62-58). The Twins are moneyline favorites (-198) for this contest against the Tigers (+164), which starts at 7:40 PM ET on Tuesday at Target Field. Bailey Ober starts for Minnesota while Detroit will counter with Alex Faedo.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Twins vs. Tigers
- Game Day: Tuesday, August 15, 2023
- Game Time: 7:40 PM ET
- Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Stadium: Target Field
How Do I Watch the Twins vs. the Tigers?
- TV Channel: BSN
Twins Stats & Trends
- The Twins rank seventh in MLB play with 164 home runs. They average 1.4 per game.
- Minnesota has the 22nd-ranked batting average in the majors (.237).
- The Twins are 19th in baseball with a .315 on-base percentage.
- Minnesota’s batters strike out 10.2 times per game, the most in the majors.
- The Twins average 1.5 homers per game when playing at home this season (83 total in home contests).
- Minnesota has a .447 slugging percentage and is averaging 3.5 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The team averages 8.2 hits per game and is batting .249 at home this season.
Twins Key Batters
- Carlos Correa leads Minnesota with 95 hits and an OBP of .306, plus a team-best slugging percentage of .409. He’s batting .230.
- Among all qualifying hitters in baseball, he ranks 123rd in batting average, 114th in on-base percentage, and 100th in slugging.
- Correa has hit safely in eight games in a row. In his last 10 outings he is batting .286 with two doubles, three home runs, five walks and nine RBI.
- Max Kepler is batting .238 with 12 doubles, 19 home runs and 24 walks, while slugging .465 with an on-base percentage of .299.
- Willi Castro has 67 hits this season and has a slash line of .241/.322/.371.
- Donovan Solano is batting .284 with a .381 OBP and 25 RBI for Minnesota this season.
- Solano enters this matchup on a three-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .500 with a double and a walk.
Tigers Stats & Trends
- The Tigers’ 113 home runs rank 27th in MLB this season.
- Detroit ranks 28th in MLB with a team batting average of just .234.
- The Tigers have an OBP of just .299 this season, which ranks 28th in MLB.
- Detroit ranks 19th in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.9 Ks per contest.
- They’ve hit 61 homers, an average of 1.0 per game, in 59 road contests this season.
- Detroit has a team slugging percentage of .366 in away games this season with 157 extra-base hits.
- They are averaging 7.5 base hits per game and batting .222 on the road this season.
Tigers Key Batters
- Spencer Torkelson has put up an on-base percentage of .308, a slugging percentage of .412, and has 100 hits, all club-bests for the Tigers (while batting .228).
- Including all the qualifying hitters in the majors, his batting average is 125th, his on-base percentage ranks 112th, and he is 95th in slugging.
- Riley Greene has 18 doubles, three triples, 10 home runs and 30 walks while hitting .307. He’s slugging .478 with an on-base percentage of .369.
- Carpenter is hitting .282 with 11 doubles, a triple, 15 home runs and 20 walks.
- Matt Vierling is batting .268 with 12 doubles, three triples, seven home runs and 25 walks.
Twins vs. Tigers Probable Pitchers
|Bailey Ober (MIN)||Pitcher||Alex Faedo (DET)|
|6 – 6||W/L||2 – 4|
Twins vs. Tigers Injury Updates
- Twins: Alex Kirilloff: 10 Day IL (Shoulder), Jose Miranda: 10 Day IL (Shoulder), Royce Lewis: 10 Day IL (Oblique), Byron Buxton: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Joe Ryan: 15 Day IL (Groin), Brock Stewart: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Tyler Mahle: 60 Day IL (Arm), José De León: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Jorge Alcala: 60 Day IL (Forearm), Nick Gordon: 60 Day IL (Shin), Chris Paddack: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Willi Castro: day-to-day (Back)
- Tigers: Mason Englert: 15 Day IL (Hip), Matthew Boyd: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Tyler Alexander: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Spencer Turnbull: 60 Day IL (Neck), Austin Meadows: 60 Day IL (Anxiety), Casey Mize: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Freddy Pacheco: 60 Day IL (Elbow)