Table of Contents
Sportsbooks don’t expect the Chicago White Sox (47-72), at -166 on the moneyline, to stop their three-game losing streak when they face the Chicago Cubs (61-57), at -166, on Tuesday at 8:05 PM ET. The Cubs have Kyle Hendricks starting, while the White Sox will send out Touki Toussaint.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Cubs vs. White Sox
- Game Day: Tuesday, August 15, 2023
- Game Time: 8:05 PM ET
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Stadium: Wrigley Field
How Do I Watch the Cubs vs. the White Sox?
- TV Channel: MARQ
Cubs Stats & Trends
- The Cubs rank 12th in MLB play with 143 home runs. They average 1.2 per game.
- The Cubs’ .255 batting average is ninth-best in the majors.
- The Cubs rank fourth in MLB with an on-base percentage of .332.
- The Cubs’ nine strikeouts per game rank 21st in the majors.
- The Cubs average 1.3 homers per game when playing at home this season (75 total in home outings).
- The Cubs are slugging .434 with three extra-base hits per game at home.
- At home this season the team averages 8.9 hits per game and is batting .265.
Cubs Key Batters
- Nico Hoerner leads Chicago in slugging percentage (.404) thanks to 35 extra-base hits. He has a .280 batting average and an on-base percentage of .338.
- Among the qualifying hitters in the majors, his batting average ranks 29th, his on-base percentage ranks 56th, and he is 104th in slugging.
- Hoerner will look for his seventh straight game with a hit in this matchup. In his last 10 outings he is hitting .275 with two doubles, a home run, five walks and an RBI.
- Cody Bellinger has 108 hits and an OBP of .379, both of which lead the Cubs this season. He’s batting .328 and slugging .556.
- He is fourth in batting average, 12th in on-base percentage and eighth in slugging in the major leagues.
- Jeimer Candelario has collected 112 base hits, an OBP of .356 and a slugging percentage of .495 this season.
- Ian Happ has 13 home runs, 53 RBI and a batting average of .240 this season.
White Sox Stats & Trends
White Sox Batting
- The White Sox have hit 129 homers this season, which ranks 21st in the league.
- The White Sox’s .237 batting average ranks 22nd in the league this season.
- The White Sox are among the worst in the league at getting on base, ranking last with an OBP of .294.
- The White Sox rank 20th with an average of 8.9 strikeouts per game.
- They have averaged 1.1 home runs per game in their 61 road contests this season.
- They have a team slugging percentage of .382 in away games this season with 176 extra-base hits.
- In away games this season, they’re batting .233 with 8.1 base hits per contest.
White Sox Key Batters
- Luis Robert has put up a slugging percentage of .563 and has 116 hits, both team-high numbers for the White Sox. He’s batting .271 and with an on-base percentage of .325.
- Including all the qualifying hitters in the majors, his batting average ranks 45th, his on-base percentage ranks 84th, and he is sixth in slugging.
- Robert hopes to build on a seven-game hitting streak in this matchup. During his last 10 outings he is hitting .314 with three doubles, a triple, two home runs, two walks and six RBI.
- Andrew Vaughn is hitting .255 with 24 doubles, two triples, 15 home runs and 29 walks. He’s slugging .432 with an on-base percentage of .318.
- His batting average is 77th among all qualified players, his on-base percentage ranks 97th, and he is 75th in slugging.
- Andrew Benintendi a has .333 on-base percentage to pace the White Sox.
- Eloy Jimenez is batting .274 with 14 doubles, 14 home runs and 21 walks.
Cubs vs. White Sox Probable Pitchers
|Kyle Hendricks (CHC)||Pitcher||Touki Toussaint (CHW)|
|4 – 6||W/L||1 – 5|
Cubs vs. White Sox Injury Updates
- Cubs: Marcus Stroman: 15 Day IL (Hip), Brandon Hughes: 60 Day IL (Knee), Brad Boxberger: 60 Day IL (Forearm), Nick Burdi: 60 Day IL (Appendicitis), Ethan Roberts: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Codi Heuer: 60 Day IL (Elbow)
- White Sox: Seby Zavala: 10 Day IL (Oblique), Garrett Crochet: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Liam Hendriks: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Romy Gonzalez: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Matt Foster: 60 Day IL (Forearm), Luis Robert: day-to-day (Finger)