Table of Contents
The Houston Astros (68-51) and the Miami Marlins (62-57) meet on Monday at 6:40 PM ET. The Astros are favored on the moneyline (-144) against the underdog Marlins (+122). Houston’s Framber Valdez gets the start against Miami’s Braxton Garrett.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Astros vs. Marlins
- Game Day: Monday, August 14, 2023
- Game Time: 6:40 PM ET
- Location: Miami, Florida
- Stadium: LoanDepot park
How Do I Watch the Astros vs. the Marlins?
- TV Channel: BSFL
Astros Stats & Trends
- The Astros rank ninth-best in MLB play with 153 total home runs.
- Houston is 14th in MLB with a .251 batting average.
- The Astros rank 12th in MLB with an on-base percentage of .324.
- Houston strikes out 8.0 times per game, the fifth-best average in MLB.
- The Astros average 1.4 homers per road game this season (86 total on the road).
- Houston is slugging .427 with 3.2 extra-base hits per game on the road.
- The club is batting .253 with 533 hits (8.9 per game) on the road this season.
Astros Key Batters
- Kyle Tucker leads Houston in OBP (.378), slugging percentage (.519) and total hits (127) this season. He has a .297 batting average.
- Among the qualifying batters in the majors, his batting average ranks 11th, his on-base percentage ranks 15th, and he is 11th in slugging.
- Tucker hopes to build on a two-game hitting streak in this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .300 with a double, two home runs, three walks and six RBI.
- Alex Bregman is batting .254 with 16 doubles, two triples, 18 home runs and 67 walks. He’s slugging .417 with an on-base percentage of .353.
- His batting average is 84th among qualified players, his on-base percentage 35th, and his slugging percentage 90th.
- Bregman has picked up a hit in two straight games. In his last five games he is hitting .444 with two doubles, five walks and five RBI.
- Yordan Alvarez has 71 hits this season and has a slash line of .270/.376/.559.
- Jeremy Pena is batting .252 with a .314 OBP and 42 RBI for Houston this season.
- Pena brings a two-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is batting .421 with a double, three walks and three RBI.
Marlins Stats & Trends
- The Marlins’ 111 home runs rank 28th in MLB this season.
- Miami has a team batting average of .262 this season, which ranks third among MLB teams.
- The Marlins have an on-base percentage of .318 this season, which ranks 16th in the league.
- Miami has shown good bat-to-ball skills at the plate this season with the seventh-best strikeout rate (8.0 per game) among MLB offenses.
- They’ve hit 47 homers, an average of 0.8 per game, in 61 home contests this season.
- In 61 home games this season, it is slugging .407 with 164 hits going for extra bases.
- In 61 home games this season, they have a batting average of .276 while averaging 9.2 base hits per contest.
Marlins Key Batters
- Luis Arraez has racked up an on-base percentage of .411 and a slugging percentage of .467. Both lead the Marlins. He’s batting .367.
- Including all the qualifying hitters in the big leagues, he ranks first in batting average, third in on-base percentage and 44th in slugging percentage.
- Jorge Soler has 20 doubles, 28 home runs and 52 walks while hitting .244. He’s slugging .495 with an on-base percentage of .333.
- His batting average ranks 101st among all qualified players, his on-base percentage is 67th, and he is 23rd in slugging.
- Bryan De La Cruz is batting .262 with 26 doubles, 16 home runs and 33 walks.
- Josh Bell is hitting .242 with 21 doubles, 15 home runs and 49 walks.
Astros vs. Marlins Probable Pitchers
|Framber Valdez (HOU)||Pitcher||Braxton Garrett (MIA)|
|9 – 7||W/L||6 – 3|
Astros vs. Marlins Injury Updates
- Astros: José Abreu: 10 Day IL (Back), Phil Maton: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Luis Garcia: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Michael Brantley: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Lance McCullers Jr.: 60 Day IL (Elbow)
- Marlins: JT Chargois: 15 Day IL (Rib), Matt Barnes: 60 Day IL (Hip), Trevor Rogers: 60 Day IL (Forearm ), Jonathan Davis: 60 Day IL (Knee), Tommy Nance: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Max Meyer: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Anthony Bender: 60 Day IL (Elbow)