Table of Contents
The Cleveland Guardians (58-62) have a 1-0 series lead and will look to sweep the Cincinnati Reds (62-59) on Wednesday at Great American Ball Park. The Reds are favored (-165) against the underdog Guardians (+140) in the matchup, which starts at 6:40 PM ET. Cincinnati’s Andrew Abbott and Cleveland’s Noah Syndergaard pitch first for their squads in this matchup.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Reds vs. Guardians
- Game Day: Wednesday, August 16, 2023
- Game Time: 6:40 PM ET
- Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
- Stadium: Great American Ball Park
How Do I Watch the Reds vs. the Guardians?
- TV Channel: BSOH
Reds Stats & Trends
- The Reds rank 14th in baseball with 139 home runs. They average 1.1 per game.
- Cincinnati ranks 13th in the majors with a .251 batting average.
- The Reds’ .328 on-base percentage is seventh-best in MLB.
- Cincinnati strikes out 9.2 times per game, the fifth-worst average in the majors.
- The Reds have hit 80 homers at home this season (1.3 per game).
- Cincinnati is averaging 2.9 extra-base hits per game while slugging .419 at home.
- The team averages 8.0 hits per game and is batting .243 at home this season.
Reds Key Batters
- Spencer Steer leads Cincinnati in OBP (.353), slugging percentage (.470) and total hits (117) this season. He has a .272 batting average.
- He ranks 43rd in batting average, 34th in on-base percentage, and 38th in slugging among qualifying hitters in the majors.
- TJ Friedl is batting .274 with 18 doubles, four triples, 10 home runs and 30 walks. He’s slugging .435 with an on-base percentage of .341.
- He is 38th in batting average, 48th in on-base percentage and 70th in slugging among qualified hitters.
- Matt McLain is batting .294 with a .500 slugging percentage and 41 RBI this year.
- Tyler Stephenson is batting .245 with a .328 OBP and 39 RBI for Cincinnati this season.
Guardians Stats & Trends
- The Guardians have hit just 87 homers this season, which ranks last in the league.
- Cleveland’s .250 batting average ranks 16th in the majors this season.
- The Guardians have the 24th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.312).
- Cleveland is the best at avoiding strikeouts in MLB this season with only 833 as a team.
- They have averaged 0.8 home runs per game in their 61 road contests this season.
- In 61 road games this season, it is slugging .380 with 162 hits going for extra bases.
- In away games this season, they’re batting .253 with 8.9 base hits per contest.
Guardians Key Batters
- Jose Ramirez has a team-best .356 on-base percentage. He’s batting .282 and slugging .485.
- He ranks 22nd in batting average, 29th in on-base percentage and 30th in slugging percentage among all qualified hitters in the majors.
- Steven Kwan is slugging .383 to lead his team. He has a batting average of .274 with an on-base percentage of .343.
- His batting average ranks 38th among all qualified players, his on-base percentage ranks 46th, and he is 117th in slugging.
- Andres Gimenez is hitting .242 with 21 doubles, four triples, 11 home runs and 27 walks.
- Myles Straw is hitting .237 with 15 doubles, three triples, a home run and 36 walks.
Reds vs. Guardians Probable Pitchers
|Andrew Abbott (CIN)||Pitcher||Noah Syndergaard (CLE)|
|7 – 3||W/L||2 – 5|
Reds vs. Guardians Injury Updates
- Reds: Curt Casali: 10 Day IL (Foot), Jonathan India: 10 Day IL (Heel), Jake Fraley: 10 Day IL (Toe), Ben Lively: 15 Day IL (Pectoral), Hunter Greene: 60 Day IL (Hip), Nick Lodolo: 60 Day IL (Calf), Reiver Sanmartin: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Connor Overton: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Vladimir Gutierrez: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Tejay Antone: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Justin Dunn: 60 Day IL (Shoulder)
- Guardians: Josh Naylor: 10 Day IL (Side), David Fry: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Cal Quantrill: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Shane Bieber: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Triston McKenzie: 60 Day IL (Elbow)