Table of Contents
The Houston Astros (69-52) and the Miami Marlins (63-58) meet on Wednesday at 6:40 PM ET with the series tied 1-1. The Astros are favored (-130) to win the rubber match against the Marlins (+109). Houston’s Justin Verlander and Miami’s Jesus Luzardo pitch first for their squads in this matchup.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Astros vs. Marlins
- Game Day: Wednesday, August 16, 2023
- Game Time: 6:40 PM ET
- Location: Miami, Florida
- Stadium: LoanDepot park
How Do I Watch the Astros vs. the Marlins?
- TV Channel: BSFL
Astros Stats & Trends
- The Astros are ninth in MLB play with 156 home runs. They average 1.3 per game.
- Houston has the 13th-ranked batting average in MLB (.251).
- The Astros’ .324 on-base percentage is 12th in baseball.
- Houston’s batters strike out 7.9 times per game, the fifth-lowest average in MLB.
- The Astros average 1.4 home runs per game when playing away from home this season (89 total in road outings).
- Houston is averaging 3.2 extra-base hits per game while slugging .426 on the road.
- On the road this season the club averages 8.9 hits per game and is batting .253.
Astros Key Batters
- Kyle Tucker leads Houston with 129 hits and an OBP of .377, plus a team-best slugging percentage of .521. He’s batting .296.
- Among all qualifying hitters in the majors, he is 12th in batting average, 14th in on-base percentage, and 10th in slugging.
- Alex Bregman is batting .249 with 16 doubles, two triples, 18 home runs and 68 walks. He’s slugging .410 with an on-base percentage of .349.
- He ranks 94th in batting average, 39th in on-base percentage and 97th in slugging among qualified hitters.
- Yordan Alvarez is batting .272 with a .560 slugging percentage and 64 RBI this year.
- Alvarez has recorded at least one base hit in two games in a row. During his last five outings he is batting .176 with a double, four walks and two RBI.
- Jeremy Pena has been key for Houston with 106 hits, an OBP of .313 plus a slugging percentage of .375.
Marlins Stats & Trends
- The Marlins rank 27th in Major League Baseball with just 115 home runs as a team.
- Miami has a team batting average of .261 this season, which ranks fourth among MLB teams.
- The Marlins have the 17th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.317).
- Miami has shown good bat-to-ball skills at the plate this season with the seventh-best strikeout rate (8.0 per game) among MLB offenses.
- In 63 games at home this season, they’ve hit 51 homers, an average of 0.8 per contest.
- Miami has a team slugging percentage of .410 in home games this season with 172 extra-base hits.
- In home games this season, they’re batting .275 with 9.2 base hits per contest.
Marlins Key Batters
- Luis Arraez has racked up an on-base percentage of .407 and a slugging percentage of .468. Both lead the Marlins. He’s batting .363.
- He ranks first in batting average, third in on-base percentage and 40th in slugging percentage among all qualifying hitters in the majors.
- Jorge Soler is hitting .244 with 20 doubles, 30 home runs and 52 walks. He’s slugging .505 with an on-base percentage of .332.
- He is 104th in batting average, 66th in on-base percentage and 20th in slugging percentage in MLB.
- Bryan De La Cruz has 26 doubles, 16 home runs and 33 walks while hitting .260.
- Josh Bell is batting .242 with 21 doubles, 16 home runs and 49 walks.
Astros vs. Marlins Probable Pitchers
|Justin Verlander (HOU)||Pitcher||Jesús Luzardo (MIA)|
|7 – 6||W/L||8 – 7|
Astros vs. Marlins Injury Updates
- Astros: José Abreu: 10 Day IL (Back), Phil Maton: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Luis Garcia: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Michael Brantley: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Lance McCullers Jr.: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Jose Altuve: day-to-day (Knee)
- Marlins: Huascar Brazoban: 15 Day IL (Hamstring), JT Chargois: 15 Day IL (Rib), Trevor Rogers: 60 Day IL (Forearm ), Matt Barnes: 60 Day IL (Hip), Jonathan Davis: 60 Day IL (Knee), Tommy Nance: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Max Meyer: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Anthony Bender: 60 Day IL (Elbow)