Table of Contents
Eduardo Rodriguez’s Detroit Tigers (59-69) are underdogs on the moneyline (+110) against the Houston Astros (72-58), who are at -131, on Saturday as he looks to earn his 10th win of the season. The matchup starts at 6:10 PM ET. Houston’s Hunter Brown starts against Detroit’s Rodriguez.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Astros vs. Tigers
- Game Day: Saturday, August 26, 2023
- Game Time: 6:10 PM ET
- Location: Detroit, Michigan
- Stadium: Comerica Park
How Do I Watch the Astros vs. the Tigers?
- TV Channel: BSDET
Astros Stats & Trends
- The Astros are ninth in MLB action with 167 home runs. They average 1.3 per game.
- Houston is 14th in the majors with a .252 batting average.
- The Astros rank 11th in MLB with an on-base percentage of .324.
- Houston strikes out 7.9 times per game, the fourth-fewest average in baseball.
- The Astros have hit 92 homers away from home this season (1.4 per game).
- Houston is slugging .426 with 3.2 extra-base hits per game in road contests.
- The team averages 8.8 hits per game and is batting .251 away from home this season.
Astros Key Batters
- Kyle Tucker has 134 hits and an OBP of .370 to go with a slugging percentage of .516. All three of those stats are best among Houston hitters this season. He has a .291 batting average, as well.
- Among qualified batters in MLB, he is 12th in batting average, 14th in on-base percentage, and 13th in slugging.
- Alex Bregman is hitting .256 with 19 doubles, three triples, 20 home runs and 73 walks. He’s slugging .427 with an on-base percentage of .355.
- Among all qualified hitters, he is 76th in batting average, 27th in on-base percentage and 81st in slugging percentage.
- Yordan Alvarez has collected 80 base hits, an OBP of .380 and a slugging percentage of .541 this season.
- Jeremy Pena is batting .253 with a .317 OBP and 43 RBI for Houston this season.
Tigers Stats & Trends
- The Tigers rank 24th in Major League Baseball with 131 home runs.
- Detroit has a team batting average of just .235 this season, which ranks 26th among MLB teams.
- The Tigers have an on-base percentage of .301 this season, which ranks 27th in the league.
- Detroit ranks 21st with an average of 8.9 strikeouts per game.
- In 63 games at home this season, they’ve hit 58 homers, an average of 0.9 per contest.
- Detroit is slugging .383 in 63 home games this season.
- In 63 home games this season, they have a batting average of .246 while averaging 8.3 base hits per contest.
Tigers Key Batters
- Spencer Torkelson has accumulated a slugging percentage of .441 and has 111 hits, both team-best numbers for the Tigers. He’s batting .233 and with an on-base percentage of .315.
- Including all the qualifying hitters in the majors, he ranks 122nd in batting average, 104th in on-base percentage and 66th in slugging percentage.
- Kerry Carpenter is batting .290 with 12 doubles, a triple, 20 home runs and 24 walks. He’s slugging .549 with an on-base percentage of .354.
- Riley Greene is batting .293 with 18 doubles, four triples, 11 home runs and 33 walks.
- Zach McKinstry has 17 doubles, two triples, seven home runs and 36 walks while batting .241.
Astros vs. Tigers Probable Pitchers
|Hunter Brown (HOU)||Pitcher||Eduardo Rodríguez (DET)|
|9 – 9||W/L||9 – 6|
Astros vs. Tigers Injury Updates
- Astros: Grae Kessinger: 10 Day IL (Health and safety protocols), Phil Maton: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Luis Garcia: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Michael Brantley: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Lance McCullers Jr.: 60 Day IL (Elbow)
- Tigers: Mason Englert: 15 Day IL (Hip), Matthew Boyd: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Tyler Alexander: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Austin Meadows: 60 Day IL (Anxiety), Casey Mize: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Freddy Pacheco: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Matt Manning: day-to-day (Undisclosed)